Author Topic: 2 Blazers Non-Celtics Trade Ideas  (Read 429 times)

2 Blazers Non-Celtics Trade Ideas
« on: June 10, 2023, 01:07:51 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
There are rumours that Portland are one of the teams interested in going after DeAndre Ayton from Phoenix. I was wondering whether Anfernee Simons could pry Ayton lose. That seems like a fair talent exchange.

It is unclear whether Phoenix would be interested in Simons. They could use him as a starting PG next to D Booker and let Booker do more of the playmaking as he did in the playoffs after CP3 went down. They could go smaller with Booker sliding to SF and keeping CP3 and A Simons in the backcourt as an all-offense lineup with Durant at PF that would scare the beejeezus out of everyone. Or use Simons as a 6th man similar to how Dallas used Jason Terry off the bench as a combo guard. A game changing scorer. They could keep 2 of their 3 guards CP3, Booker, A Simons on the floor at all times and play all 3 of them together at other times.

If PHO was not interested in another offense-only type player, it may require a 3 team trade with Simons going elsewhere and someone else coming back PHO's way. But I think the basics of it from POR's side of Simons leaving and Ayton incoming are good.

POR trade = A Simons
POR receive = Ayton

The second trade would be moving the #3 pick, Nurkic's contract and whatever filler they need to land another star player to go alongside Lillard in a win-now move.

I was wondering if they could get Siakam from Toronto. I would do that trade in a heartbeat if I were Toronto. I'd much rather have Scoot Henderson or Brandon Miller long term than Siakam. There team lacks upside. Getting a blue chip prospect like one of them in return for Siakam is a great return. If it is Scoot, it frees up the logjam at forward with S Barnes, Anunoby and Siakam and better balances out there team. VanVleet would make a cool 6th man and mentor to Scoot if that is the pick. If it is B Miller, they need to kep VanVleet to have a starting PG. Nurkic and Poeltl would give them a good 1-2 punch at center. A deeper better balanced ball club with a brighter future built around Scoot / B Miller & S Barnes.

Portland would need to re-sign Jerami Grant to go all-in for a title push.

G - Lillard
G - Sharpe
F - J Grant
F - Siakam
C - Ayton

A big athletic lineup. Good defensive ability in the front-court to support the scoring of Lillard.