Author Topic: CP3 Waived by the Suns  (Read 8506 times)

Re: CP3 Waived by the Suns
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2023, 06:16:36 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
I do wonder where he wants to go. The lakers would have to give up russell for him to go there I think and then they lose the salary slot. I would like him here, but we would definitely trade one of brogdon, white or smart for that to happen. I do wonder how he views his role in the league right now

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2023, 06:16:55 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Deandre Ayton for Kyrie  Sign and Trade coming soon.

Makes sense now.

(Pure speculation)

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2023, 06:20:07 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I don't know. They have to eat $15mil. They have to pay at least the MLE so $12mil to get a starting PG. They aren't going to be saving anything.

Is an MLE PG really better than CP3? I don't think so.

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2023, 06:25:11 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I do wonder where he wants to go. The lakers would have to give up russell for him to go there I think and then they lose the salary slot. I would like him here, but we would definitely trade one of brogdon, white or smart for that to happen. I do wonder how he views his role in the league right now

I see CP3 on the same tier as those three guys as a starting PG. I am not sure it is worth the trade. CP3 is older. More of an injury risk than Smart or D White. I don't know about Brogdon but not the scorer / shot creator that Brogdon is.

Is it worthwhile?

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2023, 06:25:37 PM »

Offline NextCeltic34

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Would gladly take him over Brogdon. Leadership and playmaking, and defensively they might both be equal which is a joke on Brogdons part.

Smart in the 6th man role isn't terrible. This team needs a guy who can drive the bus.

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2023, 06:34:14 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Milwaukee should sign CP3. Slide Jrue to SG. That would one heck of a backcourt upgrade for them.

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2023, 06:34:49 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
Mavs definitely just lost Kyrie…A healthy Paul on Celtics and we dont lose a game in playoffs but that is a big if and ask. Danny always loved him too.

Huh?
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2023, 06:40:49 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

I see CP3 on the same tier as those three guys as a starting PG. I am not sure it is worth the trade. CP3 is older. More of an injury risk than Smart or D White. I don't know about Brogdon but not the scorer / shot creator that Brogdon is.

Is it worthwhile?

Well it wouldn’t simply be trading one of those three and getting Paul. It would be Paul for whatever we get for one of those guys (maybe ayton?) and Paul on a minimum salary.

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2023, 06:42:53 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

Is it worthwhile?

Well it wouldn’t simply be trading one of those three and getting Paul. It would be Paul for whatever we get for one of those guys (maybe ayton?) and Paul on a minimum salary.

Ah okay, that is interesting.

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2023, 06:54:32 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
I don't know. They have to eat $15mil. They have to pay at least the MLE so $12mil to get a starting PG. They aren't going to be saving anything.

They are allowed to stretch that amount, so 15.8 over 5 years is only 3.16/year.

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2023, 06:58:02 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

They are allowed to stretch that amount, so 15.8 over 5 years is only 3.16/year.

That is significant savings then. Fair enough.

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2023, 06:58:37 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
Seems kinda useless on the Celtics with White/Brogdon.

Is he any better? Worse? Etc?

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2023, 06:58:49 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
PHO were linked to Fred VanVleet and Terry Rozier at the trade deadline. I wonder if they'll go back in for them.

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2023, 07:05:36 PM »

Offline Yuckabuck33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 171
Not a word on Chris Paul's defense yet. Makes me think everyone in this thread are Joe Mazz burner accounts.
JK

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2023, 07:17:35 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Not a word on Chris Paul's defense yet. Makes me think everyone in this thread are Joe Mazz burner accounts.
JK

Well we are talking about getting him on the minimum in this thread. Don’t really expect to get two way players on vet mins