Author Topic: Trade idea: Jaylen Brown, R+G Williams, 3 1st round picks for Luka Doncic  (Read 797 times)

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
article here: https://nbaanalysis.net/2023/05/31/nba-trade-rumors-boston-celtics-dallas-mavericks-luka-doncic-jayson-tatum-jaylen-brown-kyrie-irving-bold-scenario/2/

I love Jaylen Brown but this team is missing that something extra to get over the hump.

I feel like pairing a superstar like Doncic with Tatum would make our offense unstoppable and give us that much needed 4th quarter grit/edge to win those games that we've been losing in the playoffs.  What do you think?  Is this too steep a price to pay?

I feel like Jaylen just keeps losing the ball in key moments too often.  Either he loses his concentration or his handle when the moments get big.  Athletically he's a beast, but he might not have that 4th quarter+ grit that we need to win the big playoff games.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 12:37:18 PM by Roy H. »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
I would very much doubt Doncic is getting traded this summer. they will re-sign Kyrie, try to use the 10th pick to fill out some depth, and see if they are better next year. That would be the Doncic summer to watch.

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I mean of course we'd do that but Doncic would have to ask for a trade to make Dallas even consider it

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
I’d trade anyone for Doncic. Sadly, I would guess Dallas won’t.

If they were looking to trade Luke there’d be a bunch of options (starting with Giannis) ahead of JB.

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
I mean of course we'd do that but Doncic would have to ask for a trade to make Dallas even consider it

I'm not sure Dal would do that. Even with Doncic that team was a play in team level last year, they'd be worse swapping Doncic for Jaylen obviously, so would Jaylen want to re-sign on a that team?

I don't know. I guess Irving/Josh Green/Brown/Grant/Williams is the starting point for a pretty decent team, but Dal would have to be confident Brown is re-signing there.

And of course, for Doncic, everyone will be in the mix. OKC might just blow them away with a 10+ draft pick offer.

Online Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
If Luka is really unhappy in Dallas, I’d try something like this. Kyrie and JB are still good friends. I don’t think there’s any situation in which we realistically get Luka without giving up Tatum.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler