Author Topic: Horford's role in the offense  (Read 1442 times)

Re: Horford's role in the offense
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2023, 09:09:05 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1227
I think perhaps more important than his actual shooting, is the fact that relegating Horford to a spot-up shooter alone has taken away the high-post passing and general playmaking he brought to the team. Per-minute it was his worse assist number since 2013-14! That naturally led to less turnovers, but I think it overall hurt the offence.

This was really obvious when we got so categorically thrashed by Miami's zone. If we still had that high-post option in Horford, it likely could have countered it.

Al operating at the post with guys cutting hard. That kept the defense on its toes. Instead we had the 5 out motion offense which was so frustrating to watch, specially with 2 of the better NBA wings in our line up. I hope Joe or whoever comes in can maximize the talents of the Jays and not make them simple jump shooters. More plays to get JT or JB a clean mid range shot or an easy path to the basket - pin downs, double screen actions, pick and rolls, and whatever. Enough of the ISO ball crap.