Author Topic: I know I'm not in the CELTICS TALK Clique But...  (Read 4002 times)

Re: I know I'm not in the CELTICS TALK Clique But...
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2023, 06:08:11 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 51
I have actually been a member here since 2013. I mostly read and don't contribute. But readers are important members as well. Most of my Positive posts are ignored. I think it's because people like to complain, or try to make the team better, I get that. BUT, this team is Pretty [dang] good.
2023-ECFinals, 2022-Finals, 2021-Lost First round, 2020-ECFinals, 2019-EC Semi-Finals, 2018- ECFinals 2017-ECFinals! Jaylen Was a STARTER for ALL of those years: 4 out of the Last 7 years ECF! 1- Finals 1- Semi finals.

I think this Proves I am Right! I LOVE to read about the Celtics, I had tickets for when they Played in CT. Watched Larry Bird, Havlicek, McHale, Cowens, Pierce, I actually worked for Ray Allen creating videos. I have worked in Sports my whole professional Career, Often on the NBA. I get many People Just want a Ring, But is that really the only reason you watch?? I love to see our players improve, No Player is Perfect, BUT JB wins, END of story. He does Not have a Ring Yet... I like the Posts, How do We get Over the Hump? But the Blow it up Posts? Come on Man...

I will add, I believe this Forum should be more inclusive, encourage people to get involved. you have No idea who is reading your posts, could be someone that knows a lot of the players, could be someone that just like to read about their team. I am Glad this site is still around, I feel it is one of the best out there.

Let's all understand one thing, We all come from different walks of life, have had different experiences, different ideas, BUT, we all have one thing in Common, WE are CELTIC FANS!!!!

Welcome to being more active here. Inclusivity is important thing as well. I wish our society would embrace that concept more and stop dividing everything to one side is right and the other is wrong. And while I dont agree with some posts and opinions, respecting others views are important. Like you said, in the end, we are all Celtics fans and want our team to succeed. Hope to see you more active going forward too.

TP!
Thank you!! I have a free day today and it has been a blast participating!!! TP back at you

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2023, 06:11:19 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White
It certainly is easy to get bogged down in the negative. I think what frustrates people the most is how good this team can and should be. Hopefully with the right moves that potential is realised.

Welcome, and have 10 TPs :)

Thanks!! Funny I feel I know most of you because I enjoy your posts so often!!! Feels good to actually participate 👍

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2023, 06:25:34 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
I have an almost embarrassing amount of posts but am having a harder time staying motivated to make regular posts right now.

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2023, 06:25:39 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Speaking of Tommy Points, aren't a bunch of you guys supposed to have yours wiped out?

(Sorry for the reminder. Just noticed is all)

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2023, 06:37:58 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
I have actually been a member here since 2013. I mostly read and don't contribute. But readers are important members as well. Most of my Positive posts are ignored. I think it's because people like to complain, or try to make the team better, I get that. BUT, this team is Pretty [dang] good.
2023-ECFinals, 2022-Finals, 2021-Lost First round, 2020-ECFinals, 2019-EC Semi-Finals, 2018- ECFinals 2017-ECFinals! Jaylen Was a STARTER for ALL of those years: 4 out of the Last 7 years ECF! 1- Finals 1- Semi finals.

I think this Proves I am Right! I LOVE to read about the Celtics, I had tickets for when they Played in CT. Watched Larry Bird, Havlicek, McHale, Cowens, Pierce, I actually worked for Ray Allen creating videos. I have worked in Sports my whole professional Career, Often on the NBA. I get many People Just want a Ring, But is that really the only reason you watch?? I love to see our players improve, No Player is Perfect, BUT JB wins, END of story. He does Not have a Ring Yet... I like the Posts, How do We get Over the Hump? But the Blow it up Posts? Come on Man...

I will add, I believe this Forum should be more inclusive, encourage people to get involved. you have No idea who is reading your posts, could be someone that knows a lot of the players, could be someone that just like to read about their team. I am Glad this site is still around, I feel it is one of the best out there.

Let's all understand one thing, We all come from different walks of life, have had different experiences, different ideas, BUT, we all have one thing in Common, WE are CELTIC FANS!!!!

Hope this is a breakthrough thread for you to become a regular poster.  And hope it encourages other readers/lurkers as well.

Negativity gets too much here sometimes and when that happens I usually take a short break from the threads. Most of the time I love having disparate opinions in the Celtics threads and in the current events threads. I enjoy the opportunities to interact in agreement on the Cs threads with people who I don’t see eye to eye with at all politically. In a small way I hope it’s a way to show we have commonalities amongst our differences - no need to feel like enemies.

Mostly I’m with you that this era of Celtics has been fun and a lot more interesting than times when we’ve had a dearth of talent and no chance to win. I am aching for another championship though. As someone like you who’s been around a long time I want to stay positive - see the light - but sometimes it can get frustrating to watch talent not always playing to its capacity.  You only get so many legit chances to take it all.

Welcome!!

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2023, 06:51:51 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White

Hope this is a breakthrough thread for you to become a regular poster.  And hope it encourages other readers/lurkers as well.

Negativity gets too much here sometimes and when that happens I usually take a short break from the threads. Most of the time I love having disparate opinions in the Celtics threads and in the current events threads. I enjoy the opportunities to interact in agreement on the Cs threads with people who I don’t see eye to eye with at all politically. In a small way I hope it’s a way to show we have commonalities amongst our differences - no need to feel like enemies.

Mostly I’m with you that this era of Celtics has been fun and a lot more interesting than times when we’ve had a dearth of talent and no chance to win. I am aching for another championship though. As someone like you who’s been around a long time I want to stay positive - see the light - but sometimes it can get frustrating to watch talent not always playing to its capacity.  You only get so many legit chances to take it all.

Welcome!!

Thanks NG! You are another great member here 👍 trust me reading is also fun!! I have been mostly doing that for 10 years! I have had a blast today actually getting involved! Thanks again

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2023, 07:10:57 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
****!

So JBrown underachieved but he still deserves a trophy?

It’s all about Championships! Nothing more, nothing less

The Team this season underachieved, either it be lack of personnel, lack of effort, lack of accountability , Coaching? The list goes on and on!

As paying fans by way of game tickets subscribing to cable and all the other b.s we buy and support, fans have every right to call out Players, Ownership the list goes on and on

Peace

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2023, 07:43:12 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White
****!

The Team this season underachieved, either it be lack of personnel, lack of effort, lack of accountability , Coaching? The list goes on and on!

As paying fans by way of game tickets subscribing to cable and all the other b.s we buy and support, fans have every right to call out Players, Ownership the list goes on and on

Peace

But that is my point, Did they really underachieve???? They went to game 7 of the ECFinals!!! Only 1 team in 30 wins each year!!!
That is Not good odds!!
What about the Bucks 1st Round Exit!!
Then you could yell and scream!!!
But goin 7 games in the ECFinals!!
I just don’t agree. But that’s just me👍

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2023, 09:26:22 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 618
****!

Peace

Easy solution....don't pay.

It's not that hard to watch Celtics games at no cost.

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2023, 09:29:28 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
****!

Peace

But that is my point, Did they really underachieve???? They went to game 7 of the ECFinals!!! Only 1 team in 30 wins each year!!!
That is Not good odds!!

Nobody is right or wrong within this thread and  I mean no disrespect to your post

Don’t forget the Bucks won a ring they r champions

There is something missing from this current Team
I’m not smart enough to figure it out
3 different coaches but the same problems persist
To me that is on the players and the overall Team building philosophy

I’ve been following this Organization since 74
Also took in several games those Hartford years

This Team reminds much of the Walker Pierce days, 2 legit Upper level Players but can’t get it done

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2023, 09:34:49 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Speaking of Tommy Points, aren't a bunch of you guys supposed to have yours wiped out?

« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2023, 01:14:27 AM »

Offline 0003323344

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
I've been here for 4 years mostly reading posts and it can be a little intimidating. I only have posted 226 times in 4 years but I've been following the Celtics since the 1980's so even though I don't have tens of thousands of posts I still know basketball. Good luck and welcome aboard.

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2023, 01:16:08 AM »

Offline 0003323344

• Derrick White

I only have 20 TP so if they want to delete them I deserve it for going all in on the Celtics to win game 7. I should known better with this team. Gouki88 seems generous maybe he'll give me me the 20 back I lose. lol

« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2023, 01:17:57 AM »

Offline 0003323344

• Derrick White
****!

Peace

That is Not good odds!!

They've been to the ECF in 5 of the last 6 years with nothing to show for it. And it's because of the same things over and over again.

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2023, 01:18:38 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I only have 20 TP so if they want to delete them I deserve it for going all in on the Celtics to win game 7. I should known better with this team. Gouki88 seems generous maybe he'll give me me the 20 back I lose. lol
I’ve not seen any thread on such bets… ;D
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)