Author Topic: I know I'm not in the CELTICS TALK Clique But...  (Read 4015 times)

Re: I know I'm not in the CELTICS TALK Clique But...
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2023, 01:15:31 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
I will add, I believe this Forum should be more inclusive, encourage people to get involved. you have No idea who is reading your posts, could be someone that knows a lot of the players, could be someone that just like to read about their team. I am Glad this site is still around, I feel it is one of the best out there.

Let's all understand one thing, We all come from different walks of life, have had different experiences, different ideas, BUT, we all have one thing in Common, WE are CELTIC FANS!

What changes would you make to the forum to make it more inclusive?  In your mind, who is being excluded?

I'm sure we'd all like to hear more voices.  "Volume posters" aren't the only folks with meaningful opinions.  But, what would you like to see done differently?

As for keeping Jaylen Brown and noting that this era has been a very good run of basketball, I agree.  We're very lucky compared to most fan bases.  But, I also think that everyone here wants to see us get over the hump, and most get frustrated when we fall short.

Thanks for engaging.  (Also, as for who reads our forum, we do have posters who have connections to players, and we've had members of the front office read the forums, too.  That said, I'm not sure if that much would change if the specifics were more widely known.)

Thanks Roy, You have done an amazing job staying involved! I love reading your posts and comments.

1. Maybe a welcome post now and again to current members. Thanks for all who have signed up.
2. Encourage current members to post, if you have never made a post, please get involved, we love to see our site grow. We are not always going to agree, but let's all understand, this is supposed to be fun.
3. I love Tommy points, But for people who don't post a lot, it can be discouraging. Some people have Thousands!!!
4. Mostly keep up the good work. It is a cool place to read about the Celtics.

Glad to have you aboard.  We use to generate welcome posts automatically, but the software broke, haha.  It's a good suggest to make people feel like they belong, though.

And hey:  you may not have a ton of TPs, but your ratio is excellent.  But, don't worry about them too much.  I'm trying to set a good example by having mine well in the red.

Well, after game 7 you may not have to worry about people with huge TP counts anymore with as many of us pushed all in to win game 7 😂

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2023, 01:28:17 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I will add, I believe this Forum should be more inclusive, encourage people to get involved. you have No idea who is reading your posts, could be someone that knows a lot of the players, could be someone that just like to read about their team. I am Glad this site is still around, I feel it is one of the best out there.

Let's all understand one thing, We all come from different walks of life, have had different experiences, different ideas, BUT, we all have one thing in Common, WE are CELTIC FANS!

What changes would you make to the forum to make it more inclusive?  In your mind, who is being excluded?

I'm sure we'd all like to hear more voices.  "Volume posters" aren't the only folks with meaningful opinions.  But, what would you like to see done differently?

As for keeping Jaylen Brown and noting that this era has been a very good run of basketball, I agree.  We're very lucky compared to most fan bases.  But, I also think that everyone here wants to see us get over the hump, and most get frustrated when we fall short.

Thanks for engaging.  (Also, as for who reads our forum, we do have posters who have connections to players, and we've had members of the front office read the forums, too.  That said, I'm not sure if that much would change if the specifics were more widely known.)

Thanks Roy, You have done an amazing job staying involved! I love reading your posts and comments.

1. Maybe a welcome post now and again to current members. Thanks for all who have signed up.
2. Encourage current members to post, if you have never made a post, please get involved, we love to see our site grow. We are not always going to agree, but let's all understand, this is supposed to be fun.
3. I love Tommy points, But for people who don't post a lot, it can be discouraging. Some people have Thousands!!!

Glad to have you aboard.  We use to generate welcome posts automatically, but the software broke, haha.  It's a good suggest to make people feel like they belong, though.

And hey:  you may not have a ton of TPs, but your ratio is excellent.  But, don't worry about them too much.  I'm trying to set a good example by having mine well in the red.

Well, after game 7 you may not have to worry about people with huge TP counts anymore with as many of us pushed all in to win game 7 😂

I still haven't gotten around to deducting yet.  Maybe as I block Game 7 more and more from my mind, I'll just forget.  Haha.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2023, 01:43:07 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 51
I have actually been a member here since 2013. I mostly read and don't contribute. But readers are important members as well. Most of my Positive posts are ignored. I think it's because people like to complain, or try to make the team better, I get that. BUT, this team is Pretty [dang] good.
2023-ECFinals, 2022-Finals, 2021-Lost First round, 2020-ECFinals, 2019-EC Semi-Finals, 2018- ECFinals 2017-ECFinals! Jaylen Was a STARTER for ALL of those years: 4 out of the Last 7 years ECF! 1- Finals 1- Semi finals.

I think this Proves I am Right! I LOVE to read about the Celtics, I had tickets for when they Played in CT. Watched Larry Bird, Havlicek, McHale, Cowens, Pierce, I actually worked for Ray Allen creating videos. I have worked in Sports my whole professional Career, Often on the NBA. I get many People Just want a Ring, But is that really the only reason you watch?? I love to see our players improve, No Player is Perfect, BUT JB wins, END of story. He does Not have a Ring Yet... I like the Posts, How do We get Over the Hump? But the Blow it up Posts? Come on Man...

Let's all understand one thing, We all come from different walks of life, have had different experiences, different ideas, BUT, we all have one thing in Common, WE are CELTIC FANS!!!!

Great post. I’m pretty salty about this year. I’m not too on the players avout being accountable because I think it starts at the top and I don’t think Brad and the coach will really be open to any change. I think ( I don’t know) they’re stubborn and want things done a certain way. 
   I think the reliance on the 3 is so dumb and that they just ignore Rob Williams development / inclusion in the offense is pathetic.
  Rob can’t shoot a face up at 10 feet? Really? He can’t put a power dribble down and try to score? Ever? Bah.
  This team is a huge turn off and it’s the brass more than anyone to me.
I love Rob, I agree, I have often thought, try to bring in KG to work with him on a regular basis, so much potential.

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2023, 01:45:07 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929

I still haven't gotten around to deducting yet.  Maybe as I block Game 7 more and more from my mind, I'll just forget.  Haha.

No one would blame you (or I imagine hold you accountable haha)

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2023, 01:48:16 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White
Welcome lbgreen33!

Yes, we like to cheer for our team and players. But we also like to bicker and argue and stick pitchforks on certain players/personnel because these players/personnel get paid X amount of money to help win games. And also, it's because we've been let down many times so it gets frustrating. That's the role of the fans.

It's hard to find me cheering for Joe Mazzulla or Marcus Smart or Jaylen Brown for blowing these games with their repeated miscues thus prolonging a series.
Thanks! I agree with you. I thought Donavan Mitchell was a better fit than JB when he was available. Plus, he's is close friends with Tatum. But, I was okay not making that move and keeping JB. I totally agree we need to get over the hump as well. But, will Tatum and Brown getting older and more mature take us there? I don't know.

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2023, 01:50:58 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White

:laugh: Didn't know we could do that! That's awesome!!

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2023, 02:15:04 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
What is stopping you from posting? What is Stopping You from Being Nice??? Why Not say hey Nice to hear from you?

And I am saying the onus is on you to post.    You're in complete control of this, you don't need permission from anyone so post away. 

You can post as much or little as you like.   

Welcome, start posting lbgreen33!   

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2023, 02:44:57 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
I have actually been a member here since 2013. I mostly read and don't contribute. But readers are important members as well. Most of my Positive posts are ignored. I think it's because people like to complain, or try to make the team better, I get that. BUT, this team is Pretty [dang] good.
2023-ECFinals, 2022-Finals, 2021-Lost First round, 2020-ECFinals, 2019-EC Semi-Finals, 2018- ECFinals 2017-ECFinals! Jaylen Was a STARTER for ALL of those years: 4 out of the Last 7 years ECF! 1- Finals 1- Semi finals.

I think this Proves I am Right! I LOVE to read about the Celtics, I had tickets for when they Played in CT. Watched Larry Bird, Havlicek, McHale, Cowens, Pierce, I actually worked for Ray Allen creating videos. I have worked in Sports my whole professional Career, Often on the NBA. I get many People Just want a Ring, But is that really the only reason you watch?? I love to see our players improve, No Player is Perfect, BUT JB wins, END of story. He does Not have a Ring Yet... I like the Posts, How do We get Over the Hump? But the Blow it up Posts? Come on Man...

Let's all understand one thing, We all come from different walks of life, have had different experiences, different ideas, BUT, we all have one thing in Common, WE are CELTIC FANS!!!!

Welcome to the forum! Have a TP  :police:

This right here is why I'm not devastated about their Game 7 loss. Disappointed sure, but not devastated. Like you I've seen many disappointing seasons and many great seasons that I enjoyed, even if they didn't win a ring. To me part of the fun of watching (and participating in) sports is the journey, not just the destination. It's been fun watching them navigate through challenges and adversity and see how they respond and react. It's also been disappointing and frustrating, but that's what a journey is - sometimes it's fun, sometimes it isn't. And sometimes people want to advocate change, or just express their frustration. I find that ok too, for many people that's their outlet. They get things off their chest and then they feel better.

I have a good friend who is from England and he is from a town called Wolverhampton, which is a town in the West Midlands, just northwest of Birmingham. His team, Wolverhampton Wanderers, last won the flag in the English First Division soccer league (before it was called the Premier League) in 1959. In the past 20 years or so they have been in and out of the Premier League, relegated some years, promoted in others. They've never gotten close to winning the Premier League in those years, the best they did was 7th during the pandemic seasons in 2018 to 2020. Usually they're around 15th or so, struggling to avoid relegation. They can't compete with the giants like Manchester City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester United, with all the money that those clubs have. But they have packed stadiums every time they play, with people who have cheered for the team since birth and probably will till they die.

How does he, and all these folks cheering for these lesser teams in European soccer, gain the motivation to cheer for a team that, unless it is bought out by some rich Arabs or Americans, will always be destined to be cannon fodder for the bigger teams when they come to town? Because it's a tribal thing, and because he enjoys the experience of cheering for his team win or lose, the excitement of avoiding relegation, the excitement of getting promoted after being relegated, the excitement of seeing if they can somehow steal a win against Manchester United. How many of us would be able to do that, cheer for a team that has zero chance of winning a premiership ever? If all you care about is the destination, the end result, then you miss out on the journey.

Also right now is a tough time on the forum because fans are, well, fanatics and they get frustrated when the team isn't doing well. Everyone has an opinion and the right to express it. I would hate to think that the forum is somehow less inclusive because of that. Not everyone will always agree with you but it shouldn't stop you from posting your opinion. I've learned to not really argue with people on the forum, I just share my opinion, read their opinions and responses, and hope that maybe I made them think a little bit. And never take anything on a forum personally  :police:

Hope we hear more from you!  :laugh:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2023, 02:51:09 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

Hey Bud, thanks for posting. And don’t worry about the Tommy Points many of us wagered them on the Celtics in game 7 and will be reduced to rubble. I will have zero. Tommy points come and go. Just look at Roy.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2023, 03:34:40 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White

Welcome to the forum! Have a TP  :police:

This right here is why I'm not devastated about their Game 7 loss. Disappointed sure, but not devastated. Like you I've seen many disappointing seasons and many great seasons that I enjoyed, even if they didn't win a ring. To me part of the fun of watching (and participating in) sports is the journey, not just the destination. It's been fun watching them navigate through challenges and adversity and see how they respond and react. It's also been disappointing and frustrating, but that's what a journey is - sometimes it's fun, sometimes it isn't. And sometimes people want to advocate change, or just express their frustration. I find that ok too, for many people that's their outlet. They get things off their chest and then they feel better.

I have a good friend who is from England and he is from a town called Wolverhampton, which is a town in the West Midlands, just northwest of Birmingham. His team, Wolverhampton Wanderers, last won the flag in the English First Division soccer league (before it was called the Premier League) in 1959. In the past 20 years or so they have been in and out of the Premier League, relegated some years, promoted in others. They've never gotten close to winning the Premier League in those years, the best they did was 7th during the pandemic seasons in 2018 to 2020. Usually they're around 15th or so, struggling to avoid relegation. They can't compete with the giants like Manchester City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester United, with all the money that those clubs have. But they have packed stadiums every time they play, with people who have cheered for the team since birth and probably will till they die.

How does he, and all these folks cheering for these lesser teams in European soccer, gain the motivation to cheer for a team that, unless it is bought out by some rich Arabs or Americans, will always be destined to be cannon fodder for the bigger teams when they come to town? Because it's a tribal thing, and because he enjoys the experience of cheering for his team win or lose, the excitement of avoiding relegation, the excitement of getting promoted after being relegated, the excitement of seeing if they can somehow steal a win against Manchester United. How many of us would be able to do that, cheer for a team that has zero chance of winning a premiership ever? If all you care about is the destination, the end result, then you miss out on the journey.

Also right now is a tough time on the forum because fans are, well, fanatics and they get frustrated when the team isn't doing well. Everyone has an opinion and the right to express it. I would hate to think that the forum is somehow less inclusive because of that. Not everyone will always agree with you but it shouldn't stop you from posting your opinion. I've learned to not really argue with people on the forum, I just share my opinion, read their opinions and responses, and hope that maybe I made them think a little bit. And never take anything on a forum personally  :police:

Hope we hear more from you!  :laugh:
This is exactly why I always read the forum. A post like this is better than any news article!! Great read, I love it! Thank you for adding your thoughts, you are a great contributor! Thank you!!

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2023, 03:38:39 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White
What is stopping you from posting? What is Stopping You from Being Nice??? Why Not say hey Nice to hear from you?

And I am saying the onus is on you to post.    You're in complete control of this, you don't need permission from anyone so post away. 

You can post as much or little as you like.   

Welcome, start posting lbgreen33!
Thanks! I have actually enjoyed your posts for years as well!! My job doesn't give me a lot of opportunities to stop and think while I type :P I want to post but usually only have time to read. But, you are correct, It is up to me to take the time to do it, you do, so I totally get you. I hope to post more!! If I don't, just know I am always following along! ;D

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2023, 03:51:24 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479

the faster we can move on from that game 7 the better! 

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2023, 04:38:27 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941

Welcome to being more active here. Inclusivity is important thing as well. I wish our society would embrace that concept more and stop dividing everything to one side is right and the other is wrong. And while I dont agree with some posts and opinions, respecting others views are important. Like you said, in the end, we are all Celtics fans and want our team to succeed. Hope to see you more active going forward too.

TP!

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2023, 04:46:50 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557

ok i laughed when i read that.

volume posters here are equivalent to carmelo anthony volume shooters! maybe even like kobe!

well.......maybe

;D

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2023, 05:36:40 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
It certainly is easy to get bogged down in the negative. I think what frustrates people the most is how good this team can and should be. Hopefully with the right moves that potential is realised.

Welcome, and have 10 TPs :)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)