Author Topic: 9-42, 13-77 Last 2 games.  (Read 760 times)

9-42, 13-77 Last 2 games.
« on: May 30, 2023, 06:59:53 PM »

Offline Eric_Suede

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19
Welp, it's that time for my seemingly annual season ending rant about how this team REALLY needs to stop chucking so many 3's. WE ARE NOT THE WARRIORS!!! Rarely do I agree with Charles Barkley but him and Shaq Nailed it. After going 0-12 to start some goon should've went to the bench and said "Anyone else who shoots a 3 is getting punched in the face" White was the only one who played that seemed to halfway understand the concept of .... Gasp, ATTACKING the Basket. We were playing at home. It's safe to say refs would've mostly called fouls on our behalf. I know from my last rant after we lost the finals and (every playoff exit since 2018 where I've been screaming this from the mountaintop) Many of you responded with Comments like

"sorry my friend, that ship has sailed, this is the new NBA" But come on guys. Am I in the twilight zone? Am I the only one who saw the game last night? Does the C's coaching staff ever watch film? Especially after game 6 debacle? Couldn't anyone CLEARLY SEE  the positive results that was happening when they started attacking the basket and got the lead down to 7? To make matters worse , it's like JOE is oblivious. They are doubling down like "Nope , not changing a thing, We just need to hit more 3's" GET AN F-in CLUE!! We've been trying this Warriors impression for years now, WE DON'T HAVE THE ROSTER CAPABLE OF RELYING ON THE 3 TO GUIDE US TO A CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!  I feel like Joe should get demoted for that statement alone , when the reporter asked something along the lines of "shouldn't you guys go to something else besides relying so heavily on the 3" and Joe was like "NO!" Ughhhh

Seriously guys , what do y'all think it will finally take for the Coaching staff to see the light? Not saying never shoot 3's but we should limit our 3's to about 30 per game. Miami was on fire, shot 50% from 3 and even they limited themselves to 28 (Mostly open) 3's. Is it me? I'm crazy? Should we double down and despite any roster changes we may make in the off-season, we should still do the whole "Live by the 3, Die by the 3" philosophy?

Re: 9-42, 13-77 Last 2 games.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2023, 07:05:33 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
This is how we've been losing in the conference finals since It4 was our point guard.

Maybe it's a brad Stevens thing. But we've just gone down chucking 3's and standing around. Both game 7's against the Cavs, both game 7s against Miami.

We need a coach who develops an actual offense with movement. Watch the warriors. Sure they shoot a lot of 3's but there is constant movement and they shoot 3's off that movement.

Chuck is right. Celtics just stand around and chuck 3's. It's just poor basketball and painful to watch.

Especially when you know Tatum has a great inside game and postup game.

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2023, 07:13:08 PM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72
Welp, it's that time for my seemingly annual season ending rant about how this team REALLY needs to stop chucking so many 3's. WE ARE NOT THE WARRIORS!!! Rarely do I agree with Charles Barkley but him and Shaq Nailed it. After going 0-12 to start some goon should've went to the bench and said "Anyone else who shoots a 3 is getting punched in the face" White was the only one who played that seemed to halfway understand the concept of .... Gasp, ATTACKING the Basket. We were playing at home. It's safe to say refs would've mostly called fouls on our behalf. I know from my last rant after we lost the finals and (every playoff exit since 2018 where I've been screaming this from the mountaintop) Many of you responded with Comments like

"sorry my friend, that ship has sailed, this is the new NBA" But come on guys. Am I in the twilight zone? Am I the only one who saw the game last night? Does the C's coaching staff ever watch film? Especially after game 6 debacle? Couldn't anyone CLEARLY SEE  the positive results that was happening when they started attacking the basket and got the lead down to 7? To make matters worse , it's like JOE is oblivious. They are doubling down like "Nope , not changing a thing, We just need to hit more 3's" GET AN F-in CLUE!! We've been trying this Warriors impression for years now, WE DON'T HAVE THE ROSTER CAPABLE OF RELYING ON THE 3 TO GUIDE US TO A CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!  I feel like Joe should get demoted for that statement alone , when the reporter asked something along the lines of "shouldn't you guys go to something else besides relying so heavily on the 3" and Joe was like "NO!" Ughhhh

Seriously guys , what do y'all think it will finally take for the Coaching staff to see the light? Not saying never shoot 3's but we should limit our 3's to about 30 per game. Miami was on fire, shot 50% from 3 and even they limited themselves to 28 (Mostly open) 3's. Is it me? I'm crazy? Should we double down and despite any roster changes we may make in the off-season, we should still do the whole "Live by the 3, Die by the 3" philosophy?

Sorry my friend, that ship has sailed...seriously.  When asked about 3s being a problem with our offense during the post game last night, SRJ quickly brushed off that question as if it were below him.  He's adamant on shooting the 3.  It's the philosophy he whole-heartedly believes in.  He's playing the percentages.  Which to me, is wrong.  Buckle up, because as long as he's coach, we are chucking it from 3.

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2023, 07:15:54 PM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72
This is how we've been losing in the conference finals since It4 was our point guard.

Maybe it's a brad Stevens thing. But we've just gone down chucking 3's and standing around. Both game 7's against the Cavs, both game 7s against Miami.

We need a coach who develops an actual offense with movement. Watch the warriors. Sure they shoot a lot of 3's but there is constant movement and they shoot 3's off that movement.

Chuck is right. Celtics just stand around and chuck 3's. It's just poor basketball and painful to watch.

This is the key.  The Warriors are constantly in motion.  Making the defense move, patiently waiting for a guy to get open or making the extra pass.

We've shown flashes of it occasionally, but then get lazy and impatient.

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2023, 07:20:39 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366

This is the key.  The Warriors are constantly in motion.  Making the defense move, patiently waiting for a guy to get open or making the extra pass.

We've shown flashes of it occasionally, but then get lazy and impatient.

We need a coach who gets into them then and holds them accountable to play that way.

Chuck is right. He said look at the quality of Miami's 3's vs the Celtics. They aren't the same. Miami's are in rhythm off of movement. Guys are constantly moving. Celtics just stand around the perimeter.

That's just poor basketball.

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2023, 07:25:01 PM »

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
One advantage of everyone can shoot 3 is so that the defending team have to defend the 3point line, which opens up the paint for attack, but they have to attack it...Maybe it has something to do with Tatum and Brown are TO crazy when they dribble to the basket, but I do agree they need to attack the inside more, even just for opening up more 3s.

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2023, 07:33:00 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
middle school offense

im no fan of brad anymore but even he taught rhythm threes

we are the boston celtics and you mean to tell me we cannot even get a coach who can coach defense first and install a motion inside out offense? this is preposterous and an outrage. we are a joke.

brad needs to be fired if he does not go out and get a coach who can instill this.

how they can sit around and watch this is insanity. he has to know joe is trash and so does wyc.

college coaches are better than  joe.

i am about done with wyc as well

LET'S GO CELTICS!