Author Topic: Tatum needs a mentor  (Read 2003 times)

Re: Tatum needs a mentor
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2023, 04:25:21 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 592
Would people hate if we got Pat Beverley? Idk, but I wouldn't mind some real edge on this team. He did seem to rejuvenate Chicago later in the season with his defense/hustle/attitude and they got to the play-in when all hope looked lost for a while.

A guy like him or Draymond could do wonders for this team, because right now it feels like this group is content with how things are going and they seem to act like they've won something when they haven't.

I thought Smart and Jaylen could be those guys but evidently they aren't. I think Smart in particular got soft this season, bringing up last year's results while "trash talking" Butler during the ECF, then after the season saying he's proud of the group and not really sounding upset that they missed the Finals.

I lived with it before because our guys were young and still gaining experience, but at this point I'm not sure what else can be done. Are they going to become mentally tough overnight? If we're banking on that, I don't think much will change tbh. We definitely have the talent.

I love Pat Bev. He'd be a good option if we trade one of our combo guards for a wing or a big.
  He can also double as team photographer. Cheapskate Wyc would love the savings.
Still don't believe in Joe.