Author Topic: JB is a low IQ player  (Read 8590 times)

Re: JB is a low IQ player
« Reply #90 on: May 31, 2023, 10:12:34 PM »

Offline Indocelts

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 230
Caleb Martin: Our game plan is always to force Jaylen Brown to dribble to his left

Dan LeBatard Show: “Once Jayson Tatum was injured, was the entire game plan to send Jaylen Brown to his left?” – Dan “That’s always the game plan.” – Caleb Martin – via Twitter

Worth noting that this isn’t exactly a unique strategy.  Many high-level players have a weaker off-hand that defenses want to exploit.  Harden is another famous example - doesn’t want to go right.  Hell, even Butler is much weaker going left.
It’s just that it usually isn’t so successful as to generate 8 turnovers and terrible shooting, especially on guys about to earn a super max
Yeah the problem is, Brown couldn't adapt and kept doing the same thing.  If it isn't working, do something else, even if that means giving the ball up to White or Smart.

Not only that, but JB's 3 pt shooting accuracy this season is one of the worst in the team, while shooting with high volume. With 33.5% on 7.3 3PA (second only to JT), only Kornet shots worse than him among the regular rotation players.

I think he wants to emulate Tatum, driving around players and shooting 3s, but those are not his strength. He should play to his strength, i.e.  mid range jumpers, one on one matchup, rebounds.

That's why I agree that JB is a low BBIQ player, and doesn't deserve a supermax.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 02:48:35 AM by Indocelts »

Re: JB is a low IQ player
« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2023, 01:52:42 AM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 121