Author Topic: JB is a low IQ player  (Read 8671 times)

Re: JB is a low IQ player
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2023, 08:26:41 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
He is really hard to watch play basketball. Just no beauty in anything he does and unfortunately a lot of the team's issues come from him.

He wants to badly to be the alpha that it hurts the team and it is hurting Tatum's potential because Tatum defers a lot to Brown when they play together.

I do not care about regular season stats and "they can play together". The playoffs show me something different.

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2023, 08:39:49 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
KAT is known for being less than a hard-core competitor. Wasn't that part of Jimmy Butler's problem with him ?

We need to add tough minded guys, not more soft temperaments.

With the way Brown ended the season in a thud  and the super max salary that he demands, it would be very hard to trade for a tough minded all star caliber player.

KAT is not 100% ideal, but I'm willing to let him occupy the center position and let White/Brogdon replace Brown. We also still have 3 young guards/PGs from the previous drafts trying to prove their worth in the  NBA.

I think KAT, in a new environment in Boston, will surprise lots of people.

I’m not going to bother arguing any points other then you penciling in Brogdon as still on this team

Get that bum away from my basketball team.
We blaming players for injuries now? He shouldn’t have played, and he should have known that, but he was still a great addition
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2023, 08:44:09 AM »

Offline GreenBoomer

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 7
Can't really blame Brown for how he plays. The whole team for that matter. They've never had any restraints put on their games. No real coaching as to good shots / bad shots, just putting up threes as fast as you can. Then when shots aren't falling, they try to force something, thus terrible turnovers.

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2023, 08:44:20 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
KAT is known for being less than a hard-core competitor. Wasn't that part of Jimmy Butler's problem with him ?

With the way Brown ended the season in a thud  and the super max salary that he demands, it would be very hard to trade for a tough minded all star caliber player.

KAT is not 100% ideal, but I'm willing to let him occupy the center position and let White/Brogdon replace Brown. We also still have 3 young guards/PGs from the previous drafts trying to prove their worth in the  NBA.

I’m not going to bother arguing any points other then you penciling in Brogdon as still on this team

We blaming players for injuries now? He shouldn’t have played, and he should have known that, but he was still a great addition
So we can’t blame Brogdon for injuries but we can blame Brown for injuries?
Only difference is Brogdon made sure everyone knew about his, because he’s a baby.

Guy showed his true colors in the postseason. No defense. Always injured. Doesn’t take accountability.

Get him away. But you’re right he shouldn’t have played. Should’ve been absolutely super glued to bench. Last thing we needed after a slow start was that idiot air balling 3s and playing turnstile defense.

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2023, 09:05:20 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
He is really hard to watch play basketball. Just no beauty in anything he does and unfortunately a lot of the team's issues come from him.

He wants to badly to be the alpha that it hurts the team and it is hurting Tatum's potential because Tatum defers a lot to Brown when they play together.

I do not care about regular season stats and "they can play together". The playoffs show me something different.
JT is strongly committed to JB and that's fine if it succeeds. It will be tough for JT is say goodbye to JB as a teammate but perhaps it will be a blessing in disguise for our superstar. Bring in a more complementary all-star, more veteran presence and BBIQ and a true center to balance out the roster.

« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2023, 09:07:04 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404

JT is strongly committed to JB and that's fine if it succeeds. It will be tough for JT is say goodbye to JB as a teammate but perhaps it will be a blessing in disguise for our superstar. Bring in a more complementary all-star, more veteran presence and BBIQ and a true center to balance out the roster.

Like Dirk and Nash.

Best buddies in Dallas. Broken up. Both guys go on to be MVP candidates when separated from the other. Dallas finally has a well balanced team for the first time since the late 80s. Nash wins two MVPs. Dirk 1 MVP.

« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2023, 09:08:51 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I blame the whole team and organization, Folks.   We win and lose as a team.

Players did not always show up and executed poorly.   The sense of opportunity to win a title was not there, and there was no desperation

Coach Maz struggled at times, he is a work in progress.   He was out coached more often than not.

Brad could have added some valuable depth in the buyout market but we ended up with Justin Champagnie.   This was a useless move.  He resigned Al who appears to be shot.    We could have used some depth.   He did build a good roster and losing Gallinari hurt us but he is more worried about team chemistry than talent.   He also does not realize that this team needs some tough guys on the roster.

All of the above, squandered this opportunity.

I would bet the Dunning Kruger effect applies to many of those criticizing Brown's real and basketball IQ.     JK

« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2023, 09:14:23 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Yeah, it's not like he can help that he was injured. Sounds like he sustained the injury and gutted it out against Philly (and he had a solid series) but it progressed to a tear in the ECF. Not sure what part of that qualifies him as a bum.

This is where those claims that there's portions of this fanbase that are toxic stems from.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2023, 09:19:53 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

Yeah, it's not like he can help that he was injured. Sounds like he sustained the injury and gutted it out against Philly (and he had a solid series) but it progressed to a tear in the ECF. Not sure what part of that qualifies him as a bum.

This is where those claims that there's portions of this fanbase that are toxic stems from.

*yawn*
Brogdon regressed into the guy he really is.
No defense. Always hurt. No accountability.

The irony is everyone is making Brown the scapegoat who was also injured. Only difference was Brogdon made sure everyone knew he was hurt once he couldn’t throw it in the ocean.

« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2023, 09:23:40 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC

*yawn*

The irony is everyone is making Brown the scapegoat who was also injured. Only difference was Brogdon made sure everyone knew he was hurt once he couldn’t throw it in the ocean.

I think Brogdan is better as a starter. Not sure he like the 6th man role. Brown just has a long track record of making the same mistakes over and over again. And he's going to get paid a contract that is just ridiculous. I think we all want him to change the bad habits for that kind of money.

« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2023, 09:27:10 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

*yawn*

Brown's injury was mostly mental. If he was hurt - and I've seen no confirmation of this - that doesn't account for the putrid shot selection and terrible ballhandling. We pull the game to within 6 in the 3rd and he chucks up a pullup three with 20 seconds left on the shot clock. That's a mental mistake.

If he was injured, then it's even more concerning that he couldn't adjust his game to stop driving into 3 defenders on multiple plays. Again, that's mental.

He had as many field goals as turnovers. If he's injured to the extent that he can't do what he normally does, then adjust. Figure out another way to impact the game. The problem is he doesn't have the BBIQ to understand when that's what he needs to do.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2023, 09:27:21 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

*yawn*

I think Brogdan is better as a starter. Not sure he like the 6th man role. Brown just has a long track record of making the same mistakes over and over again. And he's going to get paid a contract that is just ridiculous. I think we all want him to change the bad habits for that kind of money.

I’m not fully against moving brown. I’m skeptical of it because I do love the guy but if he’s not all in in Boston and is going to be the highest paid player in the league…unfortunately can’t do that.
But if our answer is making Brogdon a starter count me out of even caring about watching this team.

« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2023, 09:30:27 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

*yawn*

Brown's injury was mostly mental. If he was hurt - and I've seen no confirmation of this - that doesn't account for the putrid shot selection and terrible ballhandling. We pull the game to within 6 in the 3rd and he chucks up a pullup three with 20 seconds left on the shot clock. That's a mental mistake.

If he was injured, then it's even more concerning that he couldn't adjust his game to stop driving into 3 defenders on multiple plays. Again, that's mental.

He had as many field goals as turnovers. If he's injured to the extent that he can't do what he normally does, then adjust. Figure out another way to impact the game. The problem is he doesn't have the BBIQ to understand when that's what he needs to do.

He was bad. Really bad. Can’t really defend him in the context of this series. Not going to make him the main scapegoat, too many  other factors.
Only player without any blame at all is Derrick white. That’s it.

« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2023, 09:31:11 AM »

Offline nyceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31

*yawn*

I’m not fully against moving brown. I’m skeptical of it because I do love the guy but if he’s not all in in Boston and is going to be the highest paid player in the league…unfortunately can’t do that.
But if our answer is making Brogdon a starter count me out of even caring about watching this team.
Brogdon was terrible this round because of his injury.  He is a gamer and a consistent player, aside from the injury issues.  It seems like he is taking a lot of heat for something that was out of his control.  He may not be THE answer, but I'd hardly call him the problem on this team.

« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2023, 09:40:11 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
I blame the whole team and organization, Folks.   We win and lose as a team.

Players did not always show up and executed poorly.   The sense of opportunity to win a title was not there, and there was no desperation

Coach Maz struggled at times, he is a work in progress.   He was out coached more often than not.

Brad could have added some valuable depth in the buyout market but we ended up with Justin Champagnie.   This was a useless move.  He resigned Al who appears to be shot.    We could have used some depth.   He did build a good roster and losing Gallinari hurt us but he is more worried about team chemistry than talent.   He also does not realize that this team needs some tough guys on the roster.

All of the above, squandered this opportunity.

I would bet the Dunning Kruger effect applies to many of those criticizing Brown's real and basketball IQ.     JK

Agreed with this, but TP for the last line :)
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.