Author Topic: Brown Needs To Go  (Read 13339 times)

Brown Needs To Go
« on: May 29, 2023, 10:29:41 PM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 22
This is not just an overreaction to this G7 massacre. But this guy can not get $55M per year. He has a lot of skill and is a great player. I used to prefer him to Tatum but just the bad decisions on the court are unforgivable. Also as a person, he is not a good dude. This may even be a rare scenario where trading him for a bunch of really good players may be worth it even if we do not get a stud in return that is on his level.

P.S. I wish we just lost in 4 after this being the outcome, at least Slow Joe would maybe be gone and we could have Nurse or a competent coach. I'd honestly even have Doc back at this point, which is saying something since the last 15 years for him has not been good.

Re: Brown Needs To Go
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2023, 10:33:11 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I totally agree.  He’s very overrated.  Hopefully, there is an owner or a gm that loves him.

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2023, 10:38:15 PM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 22
I totally agree.  He’s very overrated.  Hopefully, there is an owner or a gm that loves him.

I hope so. I won't lie, when we drafted him, I wanted Murray... and Brown turned out so much better than anyone would have ever expected. But still, he has plateaued for us at this point. We would have likely lost to Denver, at least... so whatever.

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2023, 11:51:32 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I am certainly more open to the idea of trading JB than ever before.

His flaws are glaring and they are not improving.

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2023, 11:52:25 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Atlanta, Portland, Houston feel like the 3 teams who can covet him.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2023, 11:56:52 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas

I agree, but would want a three team trade.  They all have young talent and/or picks to trade.  I want a veterans that compliments the team better and is ready to win.  Toronto should be looking to rebuild and Siakam would fit the bill.

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2023, 11:58:07 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
This is not just an overreaction to this G7 massacre. But this guy can not get $55M per year. He has a lot of skill and is a great player. I used to prefer him to Tatum but just the bad decisions on the court are unforgivable. Also as a person, he is not a good dude. This may even be a rare scenario where trading him for a bunch of really good players may be worth it even if we do not get a stud in return that is on his level.

P.S. I wish we just lost in 4 after this being the outcome, at least Slow Joe would maybe be gone and we could have Nurse or a competent coach. I'd honestly even have Doc back at this point, which is saying something since the last 15 years for him has not been good.

It's fair to critique a player's flaws and he definitely deserves it after this game. I'm pretty hard on him and have a history of being onboard with a trade. But you don't know these guys at all. It's a reach to attack players personally.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2023, 11:59:12 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437

Can we go out and get Dame? 
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2023, 12:00:28 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Yeah, honestly, I've almost talked myself into a Trae trade. While having some weaknesses, he would greatly help the end-game issues we've had for a long time by providing another competent ball-handler.

I'd shoot for something like JB and one of Smart/White/Brogdon for Trae and Collins.

If not, I'd try to do something around Portland and Toronto with us getting an (extend and traded) Siakam, Brown to Portland, and #3 to Toronto.

But I don't think making JB the highest paid player works with how incomplete of a player he is.

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2023, 12:02:41 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah, honestly, I've almost talked myself into a Trae trade. While having some weaknesses, he would greatly help the end-game issues we've had for a long time by providing another competent ball-handler.

I'd shoot for something like JB and one of Smart/White/Brogdon for Trae and Collins.

If not, I'd try to do something around Portland and Toronto with us getting an (extend and traded) Siakam, Brown to Portland, and #3 to Toronto.

But I don't think making JB the highest paid player works with how incomplete of a player he is.

I actually don’t hate those ideas. Young as a #2 option and legit PG for us would probably benefit all parties, and Collins gives us another PF/C in the mix with Horford and Timelord. Young isn’t an alpha but in this scenario he wouldn’t have to be.

In the second idea I’d want a little more than just Siakam though
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2023, 12:02:46 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
get him out
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2023, 12:04:09 AM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
Don't move a player after 1 bad series, I think he got hurt and maz did not adjust, too busy watching the town

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2023, 12:06:07 AM »

Offline 0003323344

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
I've seen enough of him. Will Brad have the kahonas to trade him though?

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2023, 12:12:01 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas

Can we go out and get Dame?

I wouldn’t be against it, but I’m not thrilled about the idea because of his age.  Guys his height usually hit a wall in their early thirties.  Also, I think Portland would like to keep him.  They have the players and an early pick they could use to acquire another star to pair up with him.  I’d also prefer to get a big as we have pretty good guards.

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2023, 12:12:26 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
I will have to consider if I want to invest any more time in this team if Jaylens still on the roster next season. I've seen him dribble off his foot one too many times in crucial moments - and then calling the fan base toxic when they rightfully criticize the team. Go away, dude.