Author Topic: Gabe Vincent out for game 5  (Read 5516 times)

Re: Gabe Vincent out for game 5
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2023, 05:51:53 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174
I am trying to figure out what their guard rotation will be lowry starts and maybe him and Strauss play 35 each. But who do the other 26 go to? Highsmith is really more of a small forward than guard and don’t think he could cover white, smart, brown very well (leaving brodgon out cause who knows what he can contribute). Then they list robinson as a guard but we know spoelstra hates him and he is awful defensively.

Butler can handle the ball. They probably do it by committee!

Yeah but they still have to have 5 players on the floor (and I don’t think it would be good to have butler chasing around a small guard for his 44 minutes. How do the minutes break down?

Lowry 35 (not even sure he can do 35)
Strauss (35)
Butler (44)
Bam (40)
Martin (40)
Love (20)
Zeller (10)

This seems like the max they could play they guys. You are then getting 16 minutes from either Robinson/highsmith?

We should Run, run run and play a lot of guys. Just keep pushing the ball all game.

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2023, 06:04:42 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I am trying to figure out what their guard rotation will be lowry starts and maybe him and Strauss play 35 each. But who do the other 26 go to? Highsmith is really more of a small forward than guard and don’t think he could cover white, smart, brown very well (leaving brodgon out cause who knows what he can contribute). Then they list robinson as a guard but we know spoelstra hates him and he is awful defensively.

Yeah but they still have to have 5 players on the floor (and I don’t think it would be good to have butler chasing around a small guard for his 44 minutes. How do the minutes break down?

Strauss (35)
Butler (44)
Bam (40)
Martin (40)
Love (20)
Zeller (10)

This seems like the max they could play they guys. You are then getting 16 minutes from either Robinson/highsmith?
The Celtics are never good at executing this, but with the shortened bench for Miami tonight, there should be a focus on driving and drawing contact to get Miami in foul trouble.

I believe they should be doing that every game, against every opponent, as a standard part of their offense. Force the defense to respond, likely get lots of free, easy points at the line, get in the bonus sooner so you get even more free throws, and get their better players in foul trouble ASAP.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2023, 06:13:28 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Strauss (35)
Butler (44)
Bam (40)
Martin (40)
Love (20)
Zeller (10)

The Celtics are never good at executing this, but with the shortened bench for Miami tonight, there should be a focus on driving and drawing contact to get Miami in foul trouble.

I believe they should be doing that every game, against every opponent, as a standard part of their offense. Force the defense to respond, likely get lots of free, easy points at the line, get in the bonus sooner so you get even more free throws, and get their better players in foul trouble ASAP.

The problem with that style is some nights you are going to run into good defense and/or bad officiating, which leads to terrible shots leading to fast breaks while the Celtics stand there with their arms up looking at the refs.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2023, 06:15:29 PM »

Offline terra haute

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 18
Isn't Herro  able to play now? Even if he cant shoot it was a broken finger he can tape up and play I would think
It was a broken hand, and it was my understanding is that he'd struggle to be back for Finals

I guess I remember gerald Henderson playing in a neck brace and McHale with a broken foot and think it could be wrapped up enough to try and play but glad he isn't

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2023, 06:21:02 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 983
Isn't Herro  able to play now? Even if he cant shoot it was a broken finger he can tape up and play I would think
It was a broken hand, and it was my understanding is that he'd struggle to be back for Finals

I guess I remember gerald Henderson playing in a neck brace and McHale with a broken foot and think it could be wrapped up enough to try and play but glad he isn't

He broke two fingers on his shooting hand.  He was just cleared for non-contact work yesterday.  I mean, maybe he could try to play, but shooting his third and fourth fingers both taped would likely make him pretty ineffective, considering his number one attribute is shooting.

I remember when Rondo tried to play through his arm being mangled by Dwayne Wade, and kudos to him for his effort, but it rendered him pretty ineffective once the Heat actually defended Rondo like he had only one arm.

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2023, 03:00:12 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1370
I think they missed Gabe bad. They couldn't find guys in their spots from what I saw watching the DVR.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2023, 03:09:05 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
I think they missed Gabe bad. They couldn't find guys in their spots from what I saw watching the DVR.

My friends said the Celtics won because Gabe Vincent was injured  ::)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2023, 06:28:48 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
What about Vincent status for Game 6? Any news?

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2023, 06:49:11 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
What about Vincent status for Game 6? Any news?

No news so far, but the ankle roll was enough to keep him out of game 5. I doubt he will be healed by game 6. He may try and play like Brogdon, but who knows how effective he will be..

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2023, 09:57:17 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Being ruled out well ahead of the game and then having only 48 hours between games with a long flight probably doesn't bode well for him playing game 6.

And I expect game 6 to be a defensive slugfest, if he does play how will he respond to ball pressure with a weakened ankle?

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2023, 10:05:53 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Being ruled out well ahead of the game and then having only 48 hours between games with a long flight probably doesn't bode well for him playing game 6.

And I expect game 6 to be a defensive slugfest, if he does play how will he respond to ball pressure with a weakened ankle?

Probably better than Lowry did.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2023, 10:13:34 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
If Vincent wasn't going to play Game 5, why did they even fly him to Boston? Should have just stayed back in Miami and get ready for a potential Game 6.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2023, 10:14:14 AM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132

Didn't they report on the broadcast that his swelling receded significantly and that they expect him to be ready for game 6?

« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2023, 10:17:33 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 983

I don’t think that’s true, but I do think it made the game easier.

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2023, 10:22:51 AM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1799

The Celtics won because they are a better team and their coach didn't screw things up.

I don’t think that’s true, but I do think it made the game easier.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain