Author Topic: Gabe Vincent out for game 5  (Read 5466 times)

Gabe Vincent out for game 5
« on: May 25, 2023, 11:09:36 AM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
This is a blow to the Heat. He's playing very good. Lowry will have to play more minutes which will make him less effective. Tonight's going to be a big win for the Boston Celtics.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/37727206/heat-gabe-vincent-ruled-game-5-ankle-sprain

Re: Gabe Vincent out for game 5
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 11:13:36 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
He has been good. But Lowry will flop his way to impact this game tonight

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2023, 11:15:16 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Its a big loss for the Heat, but we've seen the C's lose with Joel Embiid and Dejounte Murray ruled out. Still got to take the game, regardless of who is playing.

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2023, 11:15:58 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Does this galvanize the Heat even more, and lead to the letdowns of intensity that we've seen from the Celts before?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2023, 11:17:12 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Does this galvanize the Heat even more, and lead to the letdowns of intensity that we've seen from the Celts before?

Probably. Jimmy Butler is going to be aggressive from the jump. He is going shoot...a lot

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2023, 11:19:52 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Not too shocking. He landed on that ankle HARD. IMO he'll be hobbled the rest of the series.

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2023, 11:24:52 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590

If our guys have a letdown because they know he's out, then Brad needs to make some massive changes to this roster.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2023, 11:27:34 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2023, 11:29:01 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

It makes it even more critical that we come out strong and take control early.

This is either a rallying point for Miami or it's the beginning of the end.  If we meet and overcome their initial charge it will be a big blow to their morale.

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2023, 11:31:08 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860

Probably. Jimmy Butler is going to be aggressive from the jump. He is going shoot...a lot

Definitely the ball will be in Butler's hands more but Vincent has been the Heat's third leading scorer at 17.5 pts/gm (behind Butler and Martin).  That has been Miami's two-headed secret weapon, Martin scoring 18.5 and Vincent scoring 17.5.  36 pts total, up about 20 pts from their regular season combined total.  This is already making up for the loss of Herro's scoring.

I don't think the Celtics are going to be impacted by Vincent being out, that they will let down or change their approach.  Doesn't change their schemes at all.  That is the key, just don't play any differently.  Just focus on playing your game and taking care of the ball, manage turnovers.  Focus on what you are doing, don't worry about who MIA has on the court or not.

Doesn't seem that hard to me   ;)

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2023, 11:35:52 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

I find it really hard to believe either team is going to play differently IN AN EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS ELIMINATION GAME because one guy is out.

If you are the Heat and can't bring intensity for an elimination game unless a rotation guy is out then WOW, that's pathetic. The Celtics meanwhile already had the MAX desperation you can get, they can't play the "well there's always next game card, because there isn't. You already HAVE TO win the game, it can't be more of a must win than it already is.

I can buy a gm 1 letdown game, or a gm 5 letdown game up 3-1 in a series, but a elimination game letdown game?

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2023, 11:38:25 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860

If our guys have a letdown because they know he's out, then Brad needs to make some massive changes to this roster.

I agree with this, if the Celtics cannot muster a solid performance tonight, that is a bad sign, regardless of whether Vincent is out or not.  Now if they play well/hard, and Butler scores 60 pts, or Robinson goes 8-11 from 3 or something like that, maybe it is a different story.  But if the Celtics play well and play hard, I am not sure it will be possible to for MIA to pull of some miraculous upset.  If we sleepwalk and have 25 TOs, sure, massive changes need to be put on the table.

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2023, 11:38:38 AM »

Online Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 262
  • International Superstar

Very well done. I can't imagine Gabe Vincent scared anyone on the C's very much before the series, though - part of the reason he had such a nice start out the gate.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2023, 11:40:25 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

Very well done. I can't imagine Gabe Vincent scared anyone on the C's very much before the series, though - part of the reason he had such a nice start out the gate.

[dang].  Unfortunately that meme is spot on.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2023, 11:41:05 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907

I find it really hard to believe either team is going to play differently IN AN EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS ELIMINATION GAME because one guy is out.

If you are the Heat and can't bring intensity for an elimination game unless a rotation guy is out then WOW, that's pathetic. The Celtics meanwhile already had the MAX desperation you can get, they can't play the "well there's always next game card, because there isn't. You already HAVE TO win the game, it can't be more of a must win than it already is.

I can buy a gm 1 letdown game, or a gm 5 letdown game up 3-1 in a series, but a elimination game letdown game?

As it pertains to the Celtics, nothing short of "Martians from the planet Zutroid land and take over the Garden" would surprise me. And I'm even 50/50 on that martian thing.

Mike