Author Topic: Report: Celtics' Malcolm Brogdon Playing Through Partially Torn Tendon Injury in  (Read 8501 times)

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
Brown is most likely hurt too. Awesome decision making to ignore the depth we have and play hurt guys instead.
Still don't believe in Joe.

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
So idk, maybe play Hauser a bit? Muscala?

I'm not calling these guys "game changers" but I really can't see how these guys can't provide any value even for spot minutes off the bench. If we're trying to win games by hitting 3s, what's the harm in putting Hauser in there while the others brick shots? Now if you're telling me you're focusing on defense, and you play like it, I'd understand. But outside of Game 4 and maybe small periods in Games 1-2, they have mostly neglected the intensity on defense. In which case, as much as we hate it, BOMBS AWAY, put Hauser in there as a sharpshooter
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Stinks, but makes sense why he’s been so bad.

Yeah, I think it’s time to give Hauser a shot.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Maybe time to give Hauser some minutes.

I think he has too , PP is too short for the job ,  I guess it’s Hauser ‘s time to shine or not .

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Why is he playing at all? Seriously? Are we trying to end his career? Use the depth we have. Don’t IT him.
Yeah, it's not like Brogdon is helping us out there. He is stinking up the joint. Bench him.

Play Hauser instead.

Probably because he can still defend. Hauser and Pritchard get cooked by Butler every time they play in this series

Brogdon's defense has been atrocious. If he was still playing solid D, I could live with the bad offense. It is his defense that is killing me.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Why is he playing at all? Seriously? Are we trying to end his career? Use the depth we have. Don’t IT him.
Yeah, it's not like Brogdon is helping us out there. He is stinking up the joint. Bench him.

Play Hauser instead.

Probably because he can still defend. Hauser and Pritchard get cooked by Butler every time they play in this series
Brogdon is playing worse defence than PP did when he got time
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

Play Hauser instead.

Brogdon's defense has been atrocious. If he was still playing solid D, I could live with the bad offense. It is his defense that is killing me.

Brogdon has a decent physique, but can't play good defense. He's pretty lousy on that part. That's why he's better suited as that offensive spark from the bench than as a starter. He's our worst defender of our core.

When given consistent minutes I think Pritchard would prove to be a better defender and in a variety of ways be better. Unfortunately for Pritchard (in contrast to Brogdon) he lacks the driving ability and length to finish at the rim that's so vital for a guard.

Why we have been playing such a tight rotation for so long baffles me. Pritchard, Hauser, Muscala and Griffin are all ready for minutes. Any other team would play them.

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Play Pritchard, he came up big for us last year in game 7 vs the Bucks.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Play Pritchard, he came up big for us last year in game 7 vs the Bucks.

Play Pritchard all out. Let him ball hawk on one side and push the ball up the floor on the other side. Push, push, push...

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Brown is most likely hurt too. Awesome decision making to ignore the depth we have and play hurt guys instead.

I was going to mention this, there have been rumblings about JB as well....but just playing through it.

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Oh, that's why he threw PP in there in game one.

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
The more Marcus Smart feels responsible for picking up the scoring load, the worse I feel about the Celtics offense.

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
Why are we playing an injured Brogdon - one of our most important guys for the future ?
Because our head coach does not know what he is doing.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
The more Marcus Smart feels responsible for picking up the scoring load, the worse I feel about the Celtics offense.

LOL …  ;D

He is so delusional about his offensive game.  ;D

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Does he even work as a decoy out there?
#JKJB