Author Topic: Report: Celtics' Malcolm Brogdon Playing Through Partially Torn Tendon Injury in  (Read 8585 times)

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
https://nesn.com/2023/05/celtics-list-malcolm-brogdon-as-questionable-for-must-win-game-7-vs-heat/

MB questionable for tomorrow's game.  at least he isn't out.  would love the emotional boost of seeing him suit up and brave out a few minutes.

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
https://nesn.com/2023/05/celtics-list-malcolm-brogdon-as-questionable-for-must-win-game-7-vs-heat/

MB questionable for tomorrow's game.  at least he isn't out.  would love the emotional boost of seeing him suit up and brave out a few minutes.

I would hate for him to make it worse though, seems like a painful injury and it does seem to be affecting his shooting form :-\
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Any word on what the average recovery time is for his injury and if it would likely require surgery in the offseason? I just can't see him being able to contribute the rest of the way from what has been described so far. I'd love to have him out there, but not if he can't shoot. That will kill us.

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
I kind of think he's done.  He may try to gut out some minutes for us, but the reality is that Brogdon really needs to score to be useful and he just can't do that with his arm the way it is right now.  Not a doctor, but my understanding is that a partial tear of a tendon isn't something that will get better with a just couple of days off either.  Also seems like something that playing could easily make worse. 

Would love to be wrong, of course. 

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Let Brogdon take the necessary steps for his recovery. We have the depth to absorb such a loss.
Trust Hauser (or Pritchard). Don't yank them within two minutes of play.
That won't install any confidence.

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Let Brogdon take the necessary steps for his recovery. We have the depth to absorb such a loss.
Trust Hauser (or Pritchard). Don't yank them within two minutes of play.
That won't install any confidence.

The two times I have seen Pritchard play in this series he has made immediate impact mistakes and it's like he can't even consider taking a shot. Keep him on the bench but I would try Housed for a few minutes to see if he has a shot and uf not there is no time to play games.

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474

I would hate for him to make it worse though, seems like a painful injury and it does seem to be affecting his shooting form :-\

Same as you, I don't want him to hurt it more, and risk a worse injury.  But if showing up isn't going to make it worse....

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431

Same as you, I don't want him to hurt it more, and risk a worse injury.  But if showing up isn't going to make it worse....

The injury is on his shooting arm. Last 3 games: 18mins: 0-6 from the field, 17 mins 1-5 from the field, 8mins 0-2 from the field. If the injury is effecting his ability to shoot, I don’t want him in the game.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
sigh. PBS makes 2 great off season pick ups tp help the team power through the playoffs. and both are out now.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
sigh. PBS makes 2 great off season pick ups tp help the team power through the playoffs. and both are out now.

Muscala is healthy I believe.

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Muscala is healthy I believe.

Muscala was not off season pick up.

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522

That is disappointing. Hopefully Brogdon’s injury is a mild strain (any specifics?).  If so, it may be possible for him to return if the Cs make the Finals. I don’t want to read something into this that isn’t there, but being listed as ‘questionable’ would indicate that they view the injury as day to day as opposed to something that they know has little chance to heal in a reasonable timeframe or without surgery. 

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742

The injury is on his shooting arm. Last 3 games: 18mins: 0-6 from the field, 17 mins 1-5 from the field, 8mins 0-2 from the field. If the injury is effecting his ability to shoot, I don’t want him in the game.
It hasn't just been his shooting. He has getting roasted on defense, too. If he's in some pain it might be affecting his focus?

It's a tough call.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

That is disappointing. Hopefully Brogdon’s injury is a mild strain (any specifics?).  If so, it may be possible for him to return if the Cs make the Finals. I don’t want to read something into this that isn’t there, but being listed as ‘questionable’ would indicate that they view the injury as day to day as opposed to something that they know has little chance to heal in a reasonable timeframe or without surgery.

Brogdon would be a big loss for the Finals. Memories of last year's finals when our offense would go off the rails; Brogdon was meant to be the answer to that. The 3rd option who could be a creator for himself and others to balance the offense from becoming over-reliant on one-on-one play from the Jays.

Tough to compete against that Denver Nuggets offense without our 3rd best offensive player.

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
 Attrition is part of the deal with a long playoff run.  Heat have lost 20 ppg with Herro out.

Too bad for Brogdon.  He’s been so good and had to be pretty fired up to get this far in the playoffs.
Yup