Author Topic: Heat (3-1) at Celtics (1-3) ECF Game #5 5/25/23  (Read 24607 times)

Re: Heat (3-1) at Celtics (1-3) ECF Game #5 5/25/23
« Reply #720 on: May 26, 2023, 12:35:30 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
I’m not sure if this was touched upon, but Jimmy Butler guaranteed victory in game six.

The Heat are in total desperation right now after they essentially had a victory parade after game 3. There’s no more care free shots from the outside for them, they will be feeling the pressure. That’s going to matter.

I’ve been saying it since the middle of game 3, we are now heading into game 6, Celtics in 7.

oh really? so he is trying to be mark messier in the 1994 stanley cup finals and guarantee a win? really?

isn't it true miami was practicing the ECF trophy presentation before game 4? i pray that comes back to haunt them.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #721 on: May 26, 2023, 12:37:56 PM »

Online RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
Does anyone else think that early tech by Tatum helped get this win? He played a cagey veteran game last night. I loved when he outthought Bam on that mid court foul. That was a very Bird like box score.

At the contrary, that was a terrible time to get a tech... we were building momentum and it could've backfired greatly. In fact, it almost did but we got a good energy builder possession right after thankfully. Not only that, you're one double tech away from being thrown out of the game. It was dumb.

Yeah.  Maybe I'm overthinking this but I thought it was the ref(s) getting a little fed up with his complaining in general.  Hit him with the early tech and then put him in a situation where he better watch himself instead of risk getting kicked out of such an important game.

« Reply #722 on: May 26, 2023, 12:46:11 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I’m not sure if this was touched upon, but Jimmy Butler guaranteed victory in game six.

The Heat are in total desperation right now after they essentially had a victory parade after game 3. There’s no more care free shots from the outside for them, they will be feeling the pressure. That’s going to matter.

I’ve been saying it since the middle of game 3, we are now heading into game 6, Celtics in 7.

oh really? so he is trying to be mark messier in the 1994 stanley cup finals and guarantee a win? really?

isn't it true miami was practicing the ECF trophy presentation before game 4? i pray that comes back to haunt them.
what next? balloons from the rafters?  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #723 on: May 26, 2023, 12:56:12 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
And what is it with these MIA bench guys?  Vincent is out so Robinson goes 7-10, 18 pts and Highsmith goes 6-9, 15 pts, on the road.  I know in the playoffs, the defense focuses on the best players (Butler and Adebayo) and the lesser players end up with better looks but still.  It is crazy what this MIA supporting cast continues to do.
Those are "empty calories" Losing teams score 90-100 ppg. Beyond that Robinson and Highsmith haven't gotten much PT this series so it was an unfamiliar look for the C's defense at times. That's okay if you contain Bam/Butler as #1 priority.

Yeah, but at some point Caleb Martin and Robinson have to cool off. Right?? It's insane. If they were shooting like this all season they would have been the 1 seed over MIL/BOS.

It's a make-miss league. When you shoot the ball well you're over halfway to winning - unless the other team shoots better than you or defends well enough to take your shots away. The same could happen to them, I just want them to be able to grit out a win if they aren't shooting well. It's one thing to be scored on in transition from a live ball turnover, but it shouldn't happen because of a missed three, and that was happening a lot in Games 2 and 3 (mainly because they kept complaining to the ref about missed calls when the other team was getting in transition off a rebound). Those are the things they have to cut out in their game.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #724 on: May 26, 2023, 08:05:50 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Lol he literally said the same thing before Game 5. He guaranteed they'd win on the road (next game, Game 5).

I like Butler, but this guy escapes a lot of criticism from the media. If Tatum or any other star played like he did last night, they'd get scrutinized heavily. Same thing last year's ECF, he was awesome in Games 6-7, but he disappeared during the middle of that series too. But no one in the media bashed him for it. Funny enough, his teammate Bam gets lit up and is the "punching bag" when he struggles even if Butler also struggles that same game.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #725 on: May 26, 2023, 08:07:51 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Miami in their wins this series. 123, 111, 128 points. Losses? 99 and 97 points.

It was a very similar pattern during the previous round too. Obviously we need to hit shots, but if we actually lock in defensively like we have the last 6 quarters, we can do it. Butler and Bam had poor games but I think that's also because our defense has locked in. Not making it easy for them like they did earlier in the series. Butler isn't able to just roam to the middle of the paint and hit easy buckets/floaters.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #726 on: May 26, 2023, 08:20:15 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Bird’s first 92 playoff games: 2,191 points

Tatum’s first 92 playoff games: 2,191 points

5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #727 on: May 26, 2023, 10:29:05 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

That's pretty wild!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #728 on: May 26, 2023, 10:29:34 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551

LET'S GO CELTICS!