Author Topic: Do you still believe?  (Read 19916 times)

Re: Do you still believe?
« Reply #300 on: May 28, 2023, 06:15:05 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I never understand when people say someone like butler is "due for a big game" That's also assuming the Celtics defense had nothing to do with Butler/bams performances and it's just them missing shots.

I think it's kind of disingenuous.
Tatum has done a great job on Butler, especially without fouling.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #301 on: May 28, 2023, 06:20:15 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
I said this in another thread, but I think the fact that Butler doesn't whine about calls to the referees does a lot to bolster his reputation on the court.

He's also a really good player! Dude tilts at windmills like pretty much no one else in the league today - between him and Spo they've got the whole team playing like never-say-die giant killers regardless of his personal performance on the court. That's impressive, because Miami has been massively over achieving since the playoffs started vs. their regular season.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #302 on: May 28, 2023, 06:27:04 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
I never understand when people say someone like butler is "due for a big game" That's also assuming the Celtics defense had nothing to do with Butler/bams performances and it's just them missing shots.

I think it's kind of disingenuous.

Disingenuity unintended. Just that I feel two things can be true - we can defend him really well and he can still make shots, like any good player. We can't do much about the latter but we can control the former. I certainly hope you're right and the Cs play defense the way they did the last three games rather than the first three and he doesn't have a big game like he did in Games 1 and 2 where he scored 35 and 27. I thought we played good defense in Game 1 but let go of the rope in the 3rd quarter for a few minutes and it cost us. It's great to see the site brimming with confidence once again though  :laugh:
« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 06:34:48 PM by ozgod »
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #303 on: May 28, 2023, 07:40:45 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365
Didn't necessarily mean you! Idk anything can happen. Just have to feel good about a game 7 at home

« Reply #304 on: May 28, 2023, 07:53:59 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'm fine with Butler playing better, if it means Martin, Vincent and Robinson come back to earth.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes