Author Topic: Who is out there for legitimate PFs?  (Read 2965 times)

Re: Who is out there for legitimate PFs?
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2023, 11:56:34 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Anthony Davis?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2023, 12:14:23 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
Anthony Davis?

People will scoff at this idea but I think Davis is still a very good player.  Tough to make a deal work though.  We could offer Brogdon and RWill or Brown and Gallinari.  Not sure many would want to do either of those deals.

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2023, 12:18:55 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
Anthony Davis?

When healthy, he's a force. If we can get him without giving up the Jays then sure. If we have to give up Brown, then I also want something good back in return lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2023, 12:22:17 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Mikal Bridges (probably not available).

Kyle Anderson? Tari Eason? Saddiq Bey? Or Sam Hauser.....

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2023, 12:33:08 PM »

Online mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 618
For people easting up the JB for Simmons and #3 talk...

How about then flipping #3 for Markanenn?

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2023, 12:56:37 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley

Not sure I follow but I think it would need to be:

Brown to Portland
Simons + #3 to Utah
Markkanen + ? to Boston

The salaries work even with just Markkanen incoming for us (so they could add a pick).  It also works if they include Jordan Clarkson.  We can't take back both Simons and Markkanen unless we send out Pritchard to Utah, which isn't unreasonable.  So another workable form is:

POR gets:   Brown
BOS gets:   Simons + Markkanen
UTA gets:   Pritchard + #3

I have not seen Simons play enough to have a solid opinion.  I know he is a good up and coming player.  Only 6'-3" though, small for a SG.  I have been on the Markkanen bandwagon for a while.

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2023, 01:06:43 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1391
Dare I say it…

He’s talking about retiring.  That just might mean he wants off the Lakers.  Brown and Smart gets it done. 

It might get us a championship.  I also might die a little bit inside.

This would literally be the worst trade in the history of sports. Lol

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2023, 02:08:05 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
Anthony Davis?

Timelord, Brogdon/White, Gallinari/Muscala, PP and a bunch of picks. Think LAL bites? I'd do it actually. LAL probably doesn't

But I also don't think AD's trade market would be that high given his durability issues.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2023, 02:32:23 PM »

Online mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 618

Brown to Portland
Simons + #3 to Utah
Markkanen + ? to Boston

The salaries work even with just Markkanen incoming for us (so they could add a pick).  It also works if they include Jordan Clarkson.  We can't take back both Simons and Markkanen unless we send out Pritchard to Utah, which isn't unreasonable.  So another workable form is:

I have not seen Simons play enough to have a solid opinion.  I know he is a good up and coming player.  Only 6'-3" though, small for a SG.  I have been on the Markkanen bandwagon for a while.

The 2nd option was the idea I failed to articulate. And I didn't do the machinations of adding salary filler. Thank you.

Figured JB fit better w portland bc of added defense and veteran. Utah would love #3 pick for their rebuild (this being the only way I see prying Markkanen away from Ainge, a draft haul) and we add two players that can score the ball, one w size. Like you, I dont really know about Simons, hopefully he is efficient?

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2023, 02:53:42 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
Dare I say it…

He’s talking about retiring.  That just might mean he wants off the Lakers.  Brown and Smart gets it done. 

It might get us a championship.  I also might die a little bit inside.

It would take me a minute and a half to get my head into rooting for LBJ.  Bringing a title here is what it’s all about. If Brad thinks it’s a chance for 2+ titles, I’m all in.  But… he’s getting not getting any younger or better.  Can he sustain current level for 3 years?  If so, why not consider it?

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2023, 02:54:17 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Anthony Davis?

Timelord, Brogdon/White, Gallinari/Muscala, PP and a bunch of picks. Think LAL bites? I'd do it actually. LAL probably doesn't

But I also don't think AD's trade market would be that high given his durability issues.
I think it would take Brown because Boston has no high level young players or high draft picks

If Boston could do it without Brown it is a no brainer.  Woth Brown, I'd probably do it if it was basically Brown and Gallo for Davis.  I'd then look to move Rob and Smart for a swing big, maybe shoot for the fences with Siakam.

So

Brown, Gallinari for Davis

And

Smart, Rob, Pritchard, 24 1st, 26 1st for Siakam

Post trades

White, Brogdon, Tatum, Siakam, Davis
Grant, Hauser, Horford, Muscala, Kornet,  Champagnie

Team needs a veteran backup PG and a 3 and D bench SG from free agency, but I like the makeup of the starters and how the wing/big bench looks.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2023, 03:12:12 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174
I rather not trade Brown but earlier this year I posted the idea to trade Brown to the Kings for something like Brown for Holmes, Monk, Mitchell, and Murray or something like that.

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2023, 03:16:26 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley

Brown to Portland
Simons + #3 to Utah
Markkanen + ? to Boston

The 2nd option was the idea I failed to articulate. And I didn't do the machinations of adding salary filler. Thank you.

Figured JB fit better w portland bc of added defense and veteran. Utah would love #3 pick for their rebuild (this being the only way I see prying Markkanen away from Ainge, a draft haul) and we add two players that can score the ball, one w size. Like you, I dont really know about Simons, hopefully he is efficient?

As I started to work this out in my head, I figured the second version was more where you were going.  Really, either way.  We could offer Brown to UTA directly for Markkanen and Clarkson.  That is an OK deal all on its own.  Or if we could end up with Simons and Markkanen by adding in Pritchard, both are deals worth considering.  Markkanen is that elusive skilled big that we need.  And if we can add in a player like Simons, that is a great asset to have for depth or a future trade.  Brown is still the best player though so tough decision.  As I said in another thread, after what we have seen this playoff run, I think this type of deal involving Brown is more likely.

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2023, 04:16:18 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
As I started to work this out in my head, I figured the second version was more where you were going.  Really, either way.  We could offer Brown to UTA directly for Markkanen and Clarkson.  That is an OK deal all on its own.  Or if we could end up with Simons and Markkanen by adding in Pritchard, both are deals worth considering.  Markkanen is that elusive skilled big that we need.  And if we can add in a player like Simons, that is a great asset to have for depth or a future trade.  Brown is still the best player though so tough decision.  As I said in another thread, after what we have seen this playoff run, I think this type of deal involving Brown is more likely.

With Markkanen's improvement, is Jaylen Brown still the best player in this deal? Why is Jaylen better than Markkanen?

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2023, 04:19:04 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
It is kind of funny. The market for PFs is fairly limited. There is a couple of talented ones which are near impossible to pry away. There are a couple of good ones but on winning teams who will be extra expensive to pry away. Leaving only a small number of interesting options.

Once you get past those few names, the available options diminish quickly. The funny part is, once you get there, Grant Williams becomes one of the better options on the table. More of a two way player than most of the other available options.

Edit: Another guy in this group once you get past those few names is our old friend Kelly Olynyk.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 05:22:11 PM by Who »