Author Topic: Who is out there for legitimate PFs?  (Read 2935 times)

Who is out there for legitimate PFs?
« on: May 23, 2023, 07:38:42 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Let's assume for a minute that management wants somebody other than Tatum as our starting PF, and that Horford's best role at this stage is as a backup big man.

Who are the power forwards that 1) are potentially available, and 2) are good enough to start?

John Collins is the obvious one.  He's overpaid relative to his production, and he'd cost one of Smart / Brogdon / White.  But, he's capable of playing the position.  Smart + Kornet for Collins?  I'd do it.

Other options?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Who is out there for legitimate PFs?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2023, 07:45:24 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Dallas were shopping C Wood at the trade deadline and found no takers. They will probably shop him again in the summer.

They do not like how he fits alongside Doncic & Kyrie. Appearently, that trio sucked when they played on the floor together. Catastrophically bad numbers in terms of how badly they were outplayed.

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2023, 08:15:29 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Siakam

Since the Raps underperformed this season, he might be available for the right price.

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2023, 08:24:27 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
Not sure who they can actually get, but they need a Draymond Green. Someone who lights a fire up their butts. I have never seen a team play with less intensity. Smart used to play with that intensity, but he seems to be playing like the rest of the team now.
Someone who could get some offensive rebounds, bang with other teams bigs would be nice.
Even when they get their butts kicked they look beaten, never p---ed off. Just once I’d like to see one of the team throw a chair or something
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 08:34:33 AM by celts55 »

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2023, 08:34:38 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Siakam

Since the Raps underperformed this season, he might be available for the right price.

What's the price?  Smart + filler + ???

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2023, 08:45:50 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Dare I say it…

He’s talking about retiring.  That just might mean he wants off the Lakers.  Brown and Smart gets it done. 

It might get us a championship.  I also might die a little bit inside.

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2023, 08:48:51 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Siakam

What's the price?  Smart + filler + ???
I assume they'd ask for Brown. Chances are we'd say no unless perhaps we expand the trade. For instance, Brown + Smart for Siakam + Anunoby. Not sure I would do it. Both Siakam and Anunoby will likely hit free agency in 2024.

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2023, 08:51:05 AM »

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
Not sure who they can actually get, but they need a Draymond Green. Someone who lights a fire up their butts. I have never seen a team play with less intensity. Smart used to play with that intensity, but he seems to be playing like the rest of the team now.
Someone who could get some offensive rebounds, bang with other teams bigs would be nice.
Even when they get their butts kicked they look beaten, never p---ed off. Just once I’d like to see one of the team throw a chair or something
This, he’s a free agent who’s seeking a big contract, don’t know how we can get him, maybe a sign and trade with smart + gw + 1st, but we do need someone like him. We need someone who can play of and mentor Js to reach the next level, there’s not many of those around.

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2023, 08:57:26 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
The PF position has changed a lot over the past decade. Many of them are just big wings. Horford is really a 5 now. When Rob plays with Al, Rob is better suited covering the opposing teams 4 if they are going double big. I think at this point Horford should be a 20-25mpg player, so the C’s need to be looking to add depth at the 4/5 position this off-season.

I’d love to trade Smart for Wendell Carter Jr, but as a plan B I’d be happy to add Naz Reid.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 09:27:48 AM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2023, 09:34:43 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
I wanted to trade Rozier and Marcus Morris for the rights to Wendell Carter JR years ago, and I’d love to trade Smart for him now, with Isaac returning and the Magic possibly adding another impactful frontcourt player with the #6 pick in this years draft.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2023, 09:44:07 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Dare I say it…

He’s talking about retiring.  That just might mean he wants off the Lakers.  Brown and Smart gets it done. 

I rather see a big comet hit the earth than LeBron come here.

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2023, 10:08:49 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Dare I say it…

I rather see a big comet hit the earth than LeBron come here.

😂  I’d hate it too.  But would Wyc and Lebron like the idea?

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2023, 10:17:03 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Al Horford, Grant Williams, and Jayson Tatum are the only PFs I'm thinking about as a Celtic as long as we're still alive in the playoffs.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2023, 10:26:34 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Al Horford, Grant Williams, and Jayson Tatum are the only PFs I'm thinking about as a Celtic as long as we're still alive in the playoffs.

Plan to revisit the thread around 11:00pm EST?

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2023, 10:34:53 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

Plan to revisit the thread around 11:00pm EST?

;D
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur