Author Topic: Woj: "This locker room never got over Ime Udoka's dismissal as head coach"  (Read 4401 times)

Offline Celtic_Pride777

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
 I don't know how to embed the video. Here's the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lY-DjNSc2Q

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
They loved him. But also, he got hired less than 8 months later. So idk, how truly bad was what he did really?

Also I’m starting to think they didn’t even go hard after another coach or ask most of the players for their input. Seemed like they just focused on internal options and picked Mazz who is also Tatum’s guy but probably not Jaylen, Smart, Brogdon’s, etc
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
That’s interesting considering the C’s won 57 games in the regular season, which was the second most in the league. But if Woj says so…  :laugh:
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1227
That’s interesting considering the C’s won 57 games in the regular season, which was the second most in the league. But if Woj says so…  :laugh:

They probably tried to make the most of the situation, plus talent alone may have propelled them to most of those wins. The playoffs are different. It’s a time to make adjustments. Winning cures everything, but when the losses pile up, that’s when the cracks in the locker room start to show.

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 125
It’s amazing how no one, even typically level-headed national guys, can seem to acknowledge that the Heat exist and have anything to do with this. They’ve shot bananas this series and have been out of this world. The Heat are a combined 7-1 against the top two teams in the regular season after limping into the playoffs with a negative net rating. It’s absurd. They’ve shot over 50 percent on 3s twice in this series already (the other one they were over 40). Gabe Vincent has become Steph Curry and Caleb Martin looks like Larry Bird. I don’t get it. All I can tell you is that the other team gets a say, too. People are idiots if they are laying this all at the feet of Mazzulla or insisting that it’s all about effort and heart and such.

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 273
yeah, and i never got over being born via caesarean, but sh*t happens and life goes on.  ::)

these prima donnas had all of training camp, preseason, the regular season, and two playoff series to get over it, but they’re going to meltdown about ime in the ECF?!?

if there’s any merit to this report, the players responsible are soft AF and should be traded posthaste.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
How are those statements remotely mutually exclusive?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline Celtic_Pride777

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
yeah, and i never got over being born via caesarean, but sh*t happens and life goes on.  ::)

these prima donnas had all of training camp, preseason, the regular season, and two playoff series to get over it, but they’re going to meltdown about ime in the ECF?!?

if there’s any merit to this report, the players responsible are soft AF and should be traded posthaste.

I know this might come as a shock, but professional athletes sometimes play differently if they feel their coach is incompetent. For instance, if you haven't bought into a coach's gameplan, you might not execute it well.

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
The team really dipped after all-star break, was that just time away and egos or Joe becoming the official coach? I always wondered.

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
My gut feeling is that Wyc cheapened out with replacing Udoka.

It makes no sense to entrust a head coach with a total of two years division II college coaching experience. When you factor in the expectations on this team, the only conclusion I can come up with is that Wyc didn’t want to pay an expensive replacement & Udoka’s salary.

Wyc should sell the team to give the Celtics the resources they deserve…but in saying that, the grass isn’t always greener. Rich owners don’t always equate to winning, in fact it usually means more meddling.
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416

Just surprised that we didn’t hear about this at all during the regular season. Now that the team is one game away from elimination in the ECF we get a new narrative that the players never got over Udoka being dismissed.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Just surprised that we didn’t hear about this at all during the regular season. Now that the team is one game away from elimination we have a new narrative that the players never got over Udoka being dismissed.
I don’t think that’s surprising. Discontented parties probably wouldn’t want to rock the boat whilst succeeding.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391

Just surprised that we didn’t hear about this at all during the regular season. Now that the team is one game away from elimination we have a new narrative that the players never got over Udoka being dismissed.
I don’t think that’s surprising. Discontented parties probably wouldn’t want to rock the boat whilst succeeding.

Plus, Tatum and JB had incentive to do really well in the regular season. Those all-NBA supermaxes are a big deal
- LilRip

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Oh, I wondered why our two All NBA players keep dribbling the ball of their legs.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 273

I know this might come as a shock, but professional athletes sometimes play differently if they feel their coach is incompetent. For instance, if you haven't bought into a coach's gameplan, you might not execute it well.

he’s been incompetent all season and the game plan hasn’t changed. they won 57 regular season games, the first round of the playoffs, and the conference semifinals. if they couldn’t figure out he’s incompetent until the ECF, then maybe they’re not the professionals we thought.

if they were pros, they wouldn’t quit because they “feel” any particular way about joe. but therein lies the problem with our “leaders.” they’re not pros; they’re entitled brats who quit on brad, quit on joe, and now they’re allegedly throwing away a chance at a title because they’re sulking about ime?

joe is incompetent and should be fired asap, but like i said, the players are soft AF and any who are complicit in this unprofessional mutiny should be traded because they don’t deserve to wear celtic green.