Author Topic: Thank you Lebron.  (Read 4578 times)

Re: Thank you Lebron.
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2023, 04:23:50 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Tonight was clearly the end of superstar level Lebron. Multiple chances down the stretch to get a bucket and he was just absolutely wiped and unable to rise up. Absolutely zero shame in it. He has player better than any other player has at 38 in nba history. But with his too fatigued pull up threes, matador defense he has transitioned into a very high level role player. Especially as he gets another year or two older. Where do he and the lakers go from
Here?

1) He scored 40 points. I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that tonight was "clearly" the end of superstar Lebron.

2) Regarding the PED accusations- there's nothing there. I guess he also could have committed murder too. Should we advance that rumor, or would that also seem ridiculous?

3) He has been one of the best players in the league for almost two decades. He's been a consummate professional on and off the court. For that, I will thank him.

edit: I never root for Lebron. I also want his team to lose as much as possible, whether its CLE, MIA, or LA.

That being said, I don't see any reason to denigrate him as a person- this seems odd to me.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 05:05:08 PM by green_bballers13 »

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2023, 05:35:34 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
First, in all sincerity:  hat tip to him for maybe being the best 38 year old ever to do it. 

But, I'll be happy when he's gone.  I don't think he's retiring this year or next, though.  Or should I say:  I don't think he's *permanently* retiring in the next two years.  I'm sure we'll get a temporary one at some point, where he changes his mind a month later.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/37711722/lakers-lebron-james-says-consider-retirement-offseason

Seems the potential retirement may have a little bit of legs
Similar to Roy, I get the feeling it would be more of a break than a retirement. Retire, rest, and then handpick where to go based on Bronny.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2023, 05:44:56 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 262
  • International Superstar
Like most posters, I remember both Jordan retirements, and even if James is the best 38 year old to ever play the game, he’s still 38. It’s not going to be the baseball retirement.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2023, 06:07:41 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Well, he’s now done two things Jordan never accomplished. Getting swept in the NBA Finals & conference finals.

lol

NBA having absolute worst case scenarios.  No Celtics, no Lakers - no Celtics vs Lakers and two poopy Conference Finals sweeps (or soon to be sweeps)

So where are the NBA is fixed posters? 
Did Silver and the refs conspire to have Denver and Miami sweep LAL and Boston? 

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2023, 06:54:22 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Do the Lakers have a forum?

TP. Thank you. Kind of disgusting that we have Lerbon and Lakers thread going on in here. Who the hell cares about Lebron and the Lakers?? Go to their board and discuss.

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2023, 12:05:07 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Tonight was clearly the end of superstar level Lebron. Multiple chances down the stretch to get a bucket and he was just absolutely wiped and unable to rise up. Absolutely zero shame in it. He has player better than any other player has at 38 in nba history. But with his too fatigued pull up threes, matador defense he has transitioned into a very high level role player. Especially as he gets another year or two older. Where do he and the lakers go from
Here?

1) He scored 40 points. I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that tonight was "clearly" the end of superstar Lebron.

2) Regarding the PED accusations- there's nothing there. I guess he also could have committed murder too. Should we advance that rumor, or would that also seem ridiculous?

3) He has been one of the best players in the league for almost two decades. He's been a consummate professional on and off the court. For that, I will thank him.

edit: I never root for Lebron. I also want his team to lose as much as possible, whether its CLE, MIA, or LA.

That being said, I don't see any reason to denigrate him as a person- this seems odd to me.

What in the heck are you talking about? I didn’t mention anything vaguely to do with PEDS? How is saying he is the best to ever play the game at 38 some sort of insult? It’s a huge compliment. And he himself would tell you he is transitioning to a different stage of his career. He played the whole game but he was clearly gassed at the end of it and faltered down the stretch. It was ridiculous of Ham or the lakers to force him in that position. I mean you want to talk odd, your response basically has nothing to do with what I said…

Edit I got to ask was this response just generated with chat gp?

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2023, 12:13:47 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Well, he’s now done two things Jordan never accomplished. Getting swept in the NBA Finals & conference finals.

lol

NBA having absolute worst case scenarios.  No Celtics, no Lakers - no Celtics vs Lakers and two poopy Conference Finals sweeps (or soon to be sweeps)

So where are the NBA is fixed posters? 
Did Silver and the refs conspire to have Denver and Miami sweep LAL and Boston?

Yeah this is a pretty example to bring up whenever people say this

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2023, 05:20:57 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
The guy is the poster child for the NBA’s zero enforcement policy for PEDs and can’t bother to shake the opposing team’s hands after getting beat. I’ll be relieved when he’s out of the league.
who cares? he is a competitor. do you remember KG and PP running off the court in game 7 in 2012 ECF???

they hated lebron and the heat and said screw them we aint shaking hands. i am fine with that.

Definitely fine with not shaking hands or hugging each other in a love-fest.
Like Garnett and Pierce and Bird and DJ and Cowens and JoJo and Russell and Havlicek - I miss the old days.
Now when a team loses a heartbreaker or a tough playoff, five minutes later, they are hugging and smiling and trading jerseys with their opponent. What the hell is that ? Guess its a carryover from their summer relationships going to the Club together.

Lebron is normally in the middle of those love-a-thons and I hate the guy like no other player in the league.
He acts like he is superior because of all his "social justice" proclamations, hypocritical and self-serving as they are.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 05:27:43 AM by tenn_smoothie »
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2023, 08:11:03 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Here?

What in the heck are you talking about? I didn’t mention anything vaguely to do with PEDS? How is saying he is the best to ever play the game at 38 some sort of insult? It’s a huge compliment. And he himself would tell you he is transitioning to a different stage of his career. He played the whole game but he was clearly gassed at the end of it and faltered down the stretch. It was ridiculous of Ham or the lakers to force him in that position. I mean you want to talk odd, your response basically has nothing to do with what I said…

It wasn't just your post- I was responding to your original post and subsequent posts from other people. Others shamefully brought up PED use for no reason.

Jimmy Butler was also gassed. I guess he's done too.

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2023, 11:32:07 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Here?

It wasn't just your post- I was responding to your original post and subsequent posts from other people. Others shamefully brought up PED use for no reason.

Jimmy Butler was also gassed. I guess he's done too.

This was my original post. If you are going to respond to someone and accuse them of denigrating someone at least respond to the right post. I think that is a fair ask.

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2023, 01:45:27 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Lakers will be back next season. He desperately wants another ring.

They finished impressively. They’re not far off.

Lakers beat writer on Simmons podcast says the play will be for Kyrie while retaining Reaves and Rui. Kyrie can force way out of Dallas, and could see sign and trade involving Russell to Dallas.

I never will count Lebron out.

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2023, 01:56:55 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Look I don't wanna start a riot, but Tatum/ Lebron would be interesting at least...
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2023, 02:01:27 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Look I don't wanna start a riot, but Tatum/ Lebron would be interesting at least...

I guess some executives have said the mavs already have an agreement with the mavs (although clearly irving would have no shame backing out of an agreement. A more interesting rumor was that the lakers had interest in trae young. I’ll say again, and maybe this deserves its own post but the league is really making it impossible for teams to have three max players as part of
The new cba. There are crazy penalties, lost draft picks etcs. Don’t think we will see the lakers or anyone else Doing much of this moving forward.

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2023, 03:13:34 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Lakers will be back next season. He desperately wants another ring.

They finished impressively. They’re not far off.

Lakers beat writer on Simmons podcast says the play will be for Kyrie while retaining Reaves and Rui. Kyrie can force way out of Dallas, and could see sign and trade involving Russell to Dallas.

I never will count Lebron out.

Yeah , I ve learned that much , he may play till he is 42 or has a true bad injury like an ACL.  Kobe waited till be had several bad injuries before calling it quits. 

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2023, 01:08:45 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
There were reports of LeBron playing through a serious foot injury both prior to and during the playoffs. They are now saying that it was a torn tendon he had in his foot.