Author Topic: Thank you Lebron.  (Read 4661 times)

Re: Thank you Lebron.
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2023, 01:50:03 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
Tonight was clearly the end of superstar level Lebron. Multiple chances down the stretch to get a bucket and he was just absolutely wiped and unable to rise up. Absolutely zero shame in it. He has player better than any other player has at 38 in nba history. But with his too fatigued pull up threes, matador defense he has transitioned into a very high level role player. Especially as he gets another year or two older. Where do he and the lakers go from
Here?

I posted this earlier in the season, that the Lakers have structured their player contracts so they can have maximum cap flexibility for the 2023-24 season.

The Lakers can have only James & Davis as guaranteed contracts going into free agency.

The Lakers can make a run at (Draymond) Green, Irving, Kuzma ect.

They'll have to lose out on Reaves which is fine by me. But they'll get ring-chasing veterans to come because Hollywood.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2023, 03:47:20 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10076982-sources-lebron-james-considering-retirement-after-wcf-exit-20-nba-seasons

If he does retire, what happens to the cap space vacated by his salary? Can they just sign anyone to a max contract then? This may also allow them to keep Reaves?

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2023, 03:59:28 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Going be like Aaron Rodgers now, will he or won’t he retire? Hopefully he does but dude not going anywhere..going play half a season both the next 2 years and get his 97 million
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2023, 04:57:13 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
There should be nothing but rejoicing today.  Lakers got swept and will not win #18 this year. The only day in sports better than the day the Lakers are eliminated is the day the Celtics win a championship.  Unfortunately, the latter not looking likely but at least we got the former.  So yes - thank you Lebron for missing shots and not being able to take the Lakers to another Finals. 

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2023, 06:24:04 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
Dudes never been that good in the clutch.

Also can’t stand the guy flopping and complaining after every call/non call…he’s literally ruined the league and even our own star now complains every time up and down the floor.

Yes yes he’s an all time great and had some great moments and a great career, but he ain’t the goat and there’s also 0 chance he actually retires.

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2023, 06:29:35 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
The guy is the poster child for the NBA’s zero enforcement policy for PEDs and can’t bother to shake the opposing team’s hands after getting beat. I’ll be relieved when he’s out of the league.

I know this is a Celtics forum, but I don’t understand this obsessive false narrative of LeBron and PED’s.

There is 0% evidence of LeBron taking anything illegal in his entire career.

If you don’t like the guy and his career choices, I completely understand, but stop with this cheating rubbish.

I don’t care either way. You blindly defending an athlete and saying there’s no way he ever took peds is a little odd though.

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2023, 06:34:02 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Do the Lakers have a forum?

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2023, 06:56:14 AM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10076982-sources-lebron-james-considering-retirement-after-wcf-exit-20-nba-seasons

If he does retire, what happens to the cap space vacated by his salary? Can they just sign anyone to a max contract then? This may also allow them to keep Reaves?

So now the will he or won't he retire will be discussed all through the finals.  Whether it's his intention or not Lebron is so good at stuff like that

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2023, 07:05:38 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Well, he’s now done two things Jordan never accomplished. Getting swept in the NBA Finals & conference finals.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2023, 07:12:57 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
First, in all sincerity:  hat tip to him for maybe being the best 38 year old ever to do it. 

But, I'll be happy when he's gone.  I don't think he's retiring this year or next, though.  Or should I say:  I don't think he's *permanently* retiring in the next two years.  I'm sure we'll get a temporary one at some point, where he changes his mind a month later.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2023, 08:26:21 AM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
The guy is the poster child for the NBA’s zero enforcement policy for PEDs and can’t bother to shake the opposing team’s hands after getting beat. I’ll be relieved when he’s out of the league.

Are you talking about this game?  I just watched the replay and at the end it showed him congratulating Jokic.

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2023, 08:41:47 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Well, he’s now done two things Jordan never accomplished. Getting swept in the NBA Finals & conference finals.

lol

NBA having absolute worst case scenarios.  No Celtics, no Lakers - no Celtics vs Lakers and two poopy Conference Finals sweeps (or soon to be sweeps)
Yup

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2023, 11:11:17 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1391
First, in all sincerity:  hat tip to him for maybe being the best 38 year old ever to do it. 

But, I'll be happy when he's gone.  I don't think he's retiring this year or next, though.  Or should I say:  I don't think he's *permanently* retiring in the next two years.  I'm sure we'll get a temporary one at some point, where he changes his mind a month later.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/37711722/lakers-lebron-james-says-consider-retirement-offseason

Seems the potential retirement may have a little bit of legs

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2023, 03:34:11 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1370
Tonight was clearly the end of superstar level Lebron. Multiple chances down the stretch to get a bucket and he was just absolutely wiped and unable to rise up. Absolutely zero shame in it. He has player better than any other player has at 38 in nba history. But with his too fatigued pull up threes, matador defense he has transitioned into a very high level role player. Especially as he gets another year or two older. Where do he and the lakers go from
Here?

To be fair to him he played 48 minutes and scored 40 points, probebly still better than 90% of players in the league. I think he will keep playing till age 40 though. Time to play with Bronny even though he has cooled on that, probebly realized he was putting too much pressure on his kid.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2023, 03:40:02 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
Here?

Still don't believe in Joe.