Author Topic: Bill Simmons Jaylen Trade idea  (Read 1194 times)

Bill Simmons Jaylen Trade idea
« on: May 22, 2023, 07:51:54 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 He was essentially saying Simons from Portland and the number three overall pick this year. I'll add Shaeden Sharpe to make it tempting.

I think if there if Charlotte is not taking Scoop #2 then I'm really interested. Not to high on Miller but I'm sure there is other nice options at #3 including the twins.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 08:01:33 PM by KG Living Legend »

Re: Bill Simmons Jaylen Trade idea
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2023, 07:58:07 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Simmons, Sharpe and #3 seems like more than they'd give up.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 08:03:31 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

I mean Sharpe is not that good. 9.9 ppg. He's just a sweetener certainly not a deal breaker if I'm Portland and trying to keep the franchise in Lillard.

Question Is would you do that if your Brad and break up the Jay's in their prime.

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2023, 08:05:53 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

I mean Sharpe is not that good. 9.9 ppg. He's just a sweetener certainly not a deal breaker if I'm Portland and trying to keep the franchise in Lillard.

Question Is would you do that if your Brad and break up the Jay's in their prime.
Sharpe looked awesome the last few weeks of the season.  He's a big time prospect, he's not a sweetener.

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2023, 08:16:57 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Why would we want to get younger?  If we’re trading Brown, I want a ready to win now player who is a better fit.

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2023, 08:17:53 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Sharpe looked awesome the last few weeks of the season.  He's a big time prospect, he's not a sweetener.

Yeah.  Portland fans are extremely high on Sharpe.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2023, 08:29:40 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
Why would we want to get younger?  If we’re trading Brown, I want a ready to win now player who is a better fit.

I think we would be better off trading for a veteran that fits our championship window (now) rather than the future. Siakam, Anunoby, Bridges, etc. Guys that know they're the #2 or #3 option and are willing to play defense.

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2023, 08:39:36 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
If Scoot isn't there, Brandon Miller would surely be the best player available. I like the fit of Scoot in Boston next to Tatum. I am sold on that. But if he isn't, is Brandon Miller good enough or not?

How would he look in Boston? How does he fit next to Tatum? How good of a player is he?

He doesn't look like a big forward to me. More a jump-shooting SF. Tatum is primarily a jump-shooting forward (rather than slasher driving to the hoop or power player posting up) as well. Tatum has filled out well physically and plays PF well. Tatum would likely be the PF and B Miller the SF. Do we want Tatum to play PF full time? Is Brandon Miller good enough to ask Tatum to play PF full time?

Or is he not good to justify it? Does Scoot not being there make it a deal breaker? Or does it mean we do the deal but trade Brandon Miller onto a 3rd team for a different player?

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2023, 08:44:27 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

I think we would be better off trading for a veteran that fits our championship window (now) rather than the future. Siakam, Anunoby, Bridges, etc. Guys that know they're the #2 or #3 option and are willing to play defense.

I like the Siakam idea.  Toronto should be looking towards a rebuild.  Brown to Portland, Portland’s #3 pick and other players to Toronto, and Siakam to the C’s. 

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2023, 08:47:21 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321

I like the Siakam idea.  Toronto should be looking towards a rebuild.  Brown to Portland, Portland’s #3 pick and other players to Toronto, and Siakam to the C’s.

Done. How do we get the papers drawn up? Good move for everyone.

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2023, 09:39:19 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
It’s never going to happen, but IMO there’s validity to my trade concept:

Boston: Carter Jr, Hayward, Mobley, Mobley

Brooklyn: Mitchell

Charlotte: Williams (S+ T)

Cleveland: Bridges, Brown, Finney-Smith, 2023 Suns 1st Rd Pick (via Nets), 2026 Celtics 1st Rd Pick,

Orlando: Williams III

—————————

Boston Celtics

Smart
White
Tatum
Horford
Mobley

Bench: Brogdon, Hayward, Carter Jr, Prichard, Hauser, Gallinari, Kornet, Mobley

—————————

Cleveland Cavaliers

Garland
Bridges
Brown
Finney-Smith
Allen

—————————

Orlando Magic

Anthony
Fultz
Wagner
Bancharo
Williams III
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2023, 12:19:04 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
If Scoot isn't there, Brandon Miller would surely be the best player available. I like the fit of Scoot in Boston next to Tatum. I am sold on that. But if he isn't, is Brandon Miller good enough or not?

How would he look in Boston? How does he fit next to Tatum? How good of a player is he?

He doesn't look like a big forward to me. More a jump-shooting SF. Tatum is primarily a jump-shooting forward (rather than slasher driving to the hoop or power player posting up) as well. Tatum has filled out well physically and plays PF well. Tatum would likely be the PF and B Miller the SF. Do we want Tatum to play PF full time? Is Brandon Miller good enough to ask Tatum to play PF full time?

Or is he not good to justify it? Does Scoot not being there make it a deal breaker? Or does it mean we do the deal but trade Brandon Miller onto a 3rd team for a different player?

Good questions Who. For me if Scoot isn't there it's a deal breaker. Scoot is an all out Dog. Boston tough. Some say Smart level defender upside and he's relentless on offense. 

Built Ford tough too, kid is really strong. If it's Scoot, Simmoms,  and Sharpe that's hard to turn down. Miller doesn't do it for me.