Author Topic: Sick and tired of ppl blaming Joe and Brad…  (Read 2041 times)

Sick and tired of ppl blaming Joe and Brad…
« on: May 22, 2023, 07:25:49 PM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
You’re the deepest talented team that was favored to win the NBA Title LAST year.

You made the Finals.

You lost.

You’re favored to come out of the East as the #1 seed.

You let that slip away and settled for #2.

You’re favored to win THIS playoffs (going into the ECF) with HC advantage the rest of the way.

You led in G1 and 2 with double digit leads.

Blew those games too.

Did not even show up in critical G3 down 0-2 played with zero sense of urgency until the bench backups showed out with 39 in the 4th.

Players NEED to be held accountable.

Forget the series record.

Forget the noise.

Play basketball the right way.

One game.

Play with some energy.

Play with some heart.

Play with some [dang] pride.

#stillbelieve #faith #celticpride

Re: Sick and tired of ppl blaming Joe and Brad…
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2023, 07:30:48 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
TP.

I maintain my unwavering faith. Admittedly, I never foresaw this Celtics team finding themselves in such a predicament, yet I firmly believe that the necessary elements are present to surmount what could become the first-ever 0-3 deficit overturned in NBA history.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 07:39:15 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
TP.

I maintain my unwavering faith. Admittedly, I never foresaw this Celtics team finding themselves in such a predicament, yet I firmly believe that the necessary elements are present to surmount what could become the first-ever 0-3 deficit overturned in NBA history.

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2023, 07:39:59 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
Joe has been pretty terrible but the players are getting too much of a pass with all the heat he’s taking. So we are gonna give the players a pass for falling into the same old bad habits they’ve had for years and straight up quitting in game 3?

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2023, 07:41:28 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The players have played like garbage.

Also true: the coach sucks and sets them up for failure.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2023, 07:43:56 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Joe isn’t the only problem I don’t think anyone is saying it’s just him. He certainly isn’t the answer either. You just watched this team quit last night and you still have faith? Once they quit it was all done.
When have you ever seen an NBA team quit in the conference finals? Especially a 2 seed to an 8 seed? Let that sink in. Talent means nothing when players don’t dig in on defense and that’s for a lack of effort. These guys don’t do the little things it takes like Miami does. They are out-coached, out-hustled talent means nothing right now. These guys don’t want it, they don’t dig in. They aren’t willing to pay the price. All NBA team awards, all star MVP that’s what they cherish right now. Until they realize it’s not going to be handed to them they won’t win.

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2023, 07:49:26 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
fire the coach and purge the quitters on this team

this team has zero fight or pride.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2023, 07:52:11 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
fire the coach and purge the quitters on this team

this team has zero fight or pride.

If we purge all the players that quit last night we will be left with Payton Pritchard, Luke kornet and Sam Hauser.
No thanks.

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2023, 07:59:07 PM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72
I dont blame Joe BEING the head coach.  What 34 yr old with a couple years coaching a D2 college team wouldnt jump at the chance to coach a team that was in the finals.

I DO believe with all the experience this group has they should accept most of the blame for their failures.  Unfortunately, their DNA suggests they dont have that “dawg” in them.  Too often they play with no heart.  They buckle under pressure and continue to make the same mistakes over and over.  And no matter who the coach is, they can always play tough/hard, with energy and effort.  Those things they can control themselves regardless of who the coach is.  THAT is on them.

However…

When things went sideways last year they could always buckle down on defense, stop opposing runs and even completely shut teams down.  They are clearly capable of that.  That WAS their identity.  This year we have the same group, more time with DWhite, Brogdon and a healthy RW.  On paper we should be better.

But we’ve lost that defensive identity and toughness.  Joe chose to emphasize offense over defense.  Why not double down on that?  Joe’s rotations have been attrocious.  His inability to make in game adjustments have been glaring.  His utilization of timeouts are obvious. 

Furthermore, has he really held them accountable?  Ime would regularly call them out when they deserved it.  Does Joe even carry that type of respect?  It doesnt sound like it according to some of the players.  They have regularly alluded to them “helping him”. 

To make matters worse, he can be snarky and condescending in post games…ie.  comments like “Does anyone wanna ask about the adjustments”, “we won 3 out of 4 quarters” (except the quarter we lost was giving up 46 pts).

The reality is, he’s in over his head with a group like this.  Particularly with the expectations on this team. 

He should not be the coach.

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2023, 08:07:54 PM »

Offline Celtic_Pride777

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
TP.

Have you been watching this team?

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2023, 08:19:33 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Love the OP's post.

It's still a players league. Our players, for the most part, have demonstrated that they don't deserve to move on.

Sure, they could win 4 in a row. That would be bananas.

Firing Joe is the easiest thing to do. Hiring another coach is also relatively easy, considering our talent and available coaches.

Most of these players were on the team last year when they played great defense. Joe (and Brad) couldn't hold the team accountable as Ime did. The Celtics don't need a hardo coach that rubs people the wrong way. They need a strong presence that can demand excellence in effort and execution.

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2023, 08:24:55 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
word is getting out

celts just got destroyed on inside the nba

they showed magics tweet. rumor is many ex celtic players are white hot per wilbon at these shameful quitters

boy oh boy you messed up brad and joe.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2023, 08:26:05 PM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72
Love the OP's post.

It's still a players league. Our players, for the most part, have demonstrated that they don't deserve to move on.

Sure, they could win 4 in a row. That would be bananas.

Firing Joe is the easiest thing to do. Hiring another coach is also relatively easy, considering our talent and available coaches.

Most of these players were on the team last year when they played great defense. Joe (and Brad) couldn't hold the team accountable as Ime did. The Celtics don't need a hardo coach that rubs people the wrong way. They need a strong presence that can demand excellence in effort and execution.

Ummm…

Is Joe the “strong presence that can demand excellence in effort and execution.”?

So should he stay or go?

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2023, 08:27:22 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
I blame 90% on Joe, 70% on players and their lack of intensity, and 50% on Stevens for poor mismanagement of roster and just management in general.

I know the percentages don't make sense but that's how I feel.

Brad and Wyc, what will u do now with the media.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2023, 08:34:43 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
rumor is  WYC and brad are getting crucified. good they  deserve it. make brad pizz his pants out of fear,

i promise you the pizzed off ex celtics are in no particluar order

KG
bird
mchale
pierce
etc
etc

i hope they blast WYC and brad
LET'S GO CELTICS!