Author Topic: Jaylen to decide Joe's future, pick next coach?  (Read 2768 times)

Jaylen to decide Joe's future, pick next coach?
« on: May 22, 2023, 07:41:42 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I hadn't considered this angle:

Cameron Tabatabaie @CTabatabaie

Jaylen Brown will ultimately decide what happens next with the Celtics coach. His extension talks this summer will create enough leverage that he can basically get first and last word on the matter.

How much power will JB have in shaping this roster?  And, will the Celts push back?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Jaylen to decide Joe's future, pick next coach?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2023, 07:43:21 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365

Jaylen Brown will ultimately decide what happens next with the Celtics coach. His extension talks this summer will create enough leverage that he can basically get first and last word on the matter.

How much power will JB have in shaping this roster?  And, will the Celts push back?

You definitely choose the 26 year old all-NBA player over a rookie head coach who hasn't proven anything other than losing the locker-room. Just how the NBA works.

Honestly, with JB on an expiring contract there is no other option than to sign him. you wont get anything in a trade if you don't (see the nets/kyrie deal Nets didn't get anything amazing) and you have no other options to improve the roster. You have more ability to move on from him (not saying we would) if you sign him to the super-max and then can offer teams a player with multiple years on their deal.

I also feel that there are other players that feel the same as Joe....

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 07:46:45 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Reporters were reading between the lines with Jaylen a bit:

Jared Weiss @JaredWeissNBA

Jaylen Brown has clearly been at a loss for words tonight. Lots of long pauses and "I don't know." He's in a tough spot, of course.

Gary Washburn @GwashburnGlobe

Jaylen Brown is biting his tongue from telling his truth. You can tell he has a lot on his mind. There's some real issues in that locker room. #Celtics #Heat

From after Game 2:

Brian Robb @BrianTRobb

Jaylen Brown on whether Grant Williams poking the bear with Jimmy Butler was a mistake: "Next question."

And a longer article:  https://www.clnsmedia.com/crucial-jaylen-brown-week-hits-high-point-with-all-nba-honor/

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2023, 07:50:19 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
Reporters were reading between the lines with Jaylen a bit:

Jared Weiss @JaredWeissNBA

Jaylen Brown has clearly been at a loss for words tonight. Lots of long pauses and "I don't know." He's in a tough spot, of course.

Gary Washburn @GwashburnGlobe

Jaylen Brown is biting his tongue from telling his truth. You can tell he has a lot on his mind. There's some real issues in that locker room. #Celtics #Heat

From after Game 2:

Brian Robb @BrianTRobb

Jaylen Brown on whether Grant Williams poking the bear with Jimmy Butler was a mistake: "Next question."

And a longer article:  https://www.clnsmedia.com/crucial-jaylen-brown-week-hits-high-point-with-all-nba-honor/

Yeah, alot of this reading between the lines stuff I think its for the "talking points" for the boston sports media. with our season ending they need "hot takes" to talk about all summer long.

cant just talk about the redsox, and Mac jones vs. zappe...

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2023, 08:20:12 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Brown can stay or go at this point. He doesn't seem to be all in with this team of franchise.

Brogdan
White
Tatum
Rob

Al off the bench
Smart traded
Brown traded
Kornet released
Grant walks
PP walks/traded
Hauser sits the bench until the end of time.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 08:27:46 AM by celticinorlando »

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2023, 08:20:25 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
Brown has been just as bad or worse then the coach this series, he shouldn’t have any leverage.

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2023, 08:53:51 AM »

Offline GreenBoomer

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 7
As tight as ownership has been with spending the last couple years, wasting valuable TPEs and minimal effort to upgrade at trade deadlines, do you really think they're going to aggressively pursue a supermax with Brown.

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2023, 08:55:59 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
As tight as ownership has been with spending the last couple years, wasting valuable TPEs and minimal effort to upgrade at trade deadlines, do you really think they're going to aggressively pursue a supermax with Brown.

um yeah....this is a ridiculous narrative that has been thrown around. yeah ownership gonna throw away a contender to save money which will in turn hurt their value...

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2023, 09:19:02 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
Brown has been just as bad or worse then the coach this series, he shouldn’t have any leverage.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this core is topped out. we developed him gave him years. time for him to go.

only ones i am keeping for sure are

JT
MB

maybe RW
 maybe DW

the rest are all tradeable to upgrade with players with BBIQ who can score......and a big who can play d and score. IDK what happens with gallo.

not sure i want al anymore either.

trade brown and smart
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2023, 09:22:23 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo

JT
MB

maybe RW
 maybe DW

the rest are all tradeable to upgrade with players with BBIQ who can score......and a big who can play d and score. IDK what happens with gallo.

trade brown and smart

he is 26 years old and just reached career highs in PPG. does he have his warts sure. but I guarantee the same celtics fans wanting him shipped off will be criticizing management for letting him go if he continued to improve as a star by the time he's 28 (which is an NBA players prime).

OKC shipped off young harden...that worked out great for them...

I get fans are emotional. but hopefully management isnt as irrational as celtics fans when their team loses....

Also, if you trade brown its AFTER he signs his deal. you trade him on an expiring contract and you are getting mediocre players/picks with no room for improvement. If you sign him to a deal and trade him then teams are more willing to give you prospects/picks.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 09:28:55 AM by cman88 »

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2023, 09:29:58 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557

JT
MB

maybe RW
 maybe DW

trade brown and smart

he is 26 years old and just reached career highs in PPG. does he have his warts sure. but I guarantee the same celtics fans wanting him shipped off will be criticizing management for letting him go if he continued to improve as a star by the time he's 28 (which is an NBA players prime).

I get fans are emotional. but hopefully management isnt as irrational as celtics fans when their team loses....

and how did that new PPG work in winning this series? he is a chemistry and continuity liability. nah. we have a book of evidence.  what you see is what you get. he is topped out imo.  i also think he is a possible cancer on this team. there is no guarantees with these guys. all this prime talk, and we could keep him and be the same 10 years from now. it is time to play to win now. he is not a smart player. sorry.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2023, 11:12:21 AM »

Offline NextCeltic34

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Can't let the player with no basketball IQ dictate anything related to basketball decisions. Jaylen just needs to go.

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2023, 11:18:15 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo

JT
MB

maybe RW
 maybe DW

trade brown and smart

and how did that new PPG work in winning this series? he is a chemistry and continuity liability. nah. we have a book of evidence.  what you see is what you get. he is topped out imo.  i also think he is a possible cancer on this team. there is no guarantees with these guys. all this prime talk, and we could keep him and be the same 10 years from now. it is time to play to win now. he is not a smart player. sorry.

doesnt matter. you don't sell low on a 26 year old All-NBA player because they underperformed in one round of the playoffs. no way to say hes topped out or is a cancer.

thats a move that would set the franchise back decades. OKC never recovered. we need to think rationally here. not emotionally as fans "trade everyone!"

trading jaylen on an expiring contract will bring back trash....you sign him to a long term deal and can STILL Trade him. but you will get back alot more.

Or you want to end up like the nets getting someone like dinwiddie and low 1st round picks?

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2023, 11:31:00 AM »

Offline Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 30
  • Believe in Boston

JT
MB

maybe RW
 maybe DW

trade brown and smart

doesnt matter. you don't sell low on a 26 year old All-NBA player because they underperformed in one round of the playoffs. no way to say hes topped out or is a cancer.

thats a move that would set the franchise back decades. OKC never recovered. we need to think rationally here. not emotionally as fans "trade everyone!"

trading jaylen on an expiring contract will bring back trash....you sign him to a long term deal and can STILL Trade him. but you will get back alot more.

Or you want to end up like the nets getting someone like dinwiddie and low 1st round picks?

Brown wants out. It’s been apparent for awhile. He’s getting traded one way or another. The next step is him publicly asking out. It’s coming.
"They forgot about Larry Bird"--- Danny Ainge, 1987

"What happened to the Lakers??!!"--- Wyc Grousbeck, 6/17/08

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2023, 11:32:52 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

JB isn't Lebron.  He is not even the #1 star on the team.  The Celts should take JB's input seriously but should definitely not give JB any power to dictate the next coach or the roster.  JT's input should be taken just as seriously as JB's.  No telling how much JT and JB are on the same page.