Author Topic: The morning after...  (Read 5592 times)

Re: The morning after...
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2023, 12:25:25 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
Almost a sense of relief that the season is almost over.
It’s a chore to watch this team and waiting for them to consistently play the way we all want them too is not fun anymore.
I have almost no interest in watching them dribble the ball off their feet and lose in the finals so maybe this is for the best!

Would be so this team if they were to drag this out to a game 7 and blow a 20 point lead in the 4th quarter and lose. Doesn’t look to me like they have that much fight in them though, they’re currently all booking their trips to Cancun.

« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2023, 12:31:00 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
the heat are gonna put us down like a sick dog and out of our misery next game. they taste blood in the water. our whole organization is done without major changes like magic johnson said. this whole org has basically quit. from dumb wyc putting brad as GM to brad hiring joe.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2023, 12:32:52 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
the heat are gonna put us down like a sick dog and out of our misery next game. they taste blood in the water. our whole organization is done without major changes like magic johnson said. this whole org has basically quit. from dumb wyc putting brad as GM to brad hiring joe.

I think this is where the blame lies. He's a good coach when up but not a strategic mind.
I also think that sometime after the season, we'll hear about team chemistry.

« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2023, 12:33:58 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

What an embarrassment finishing in the final 4 again!

Trade Jaylen for a local ymca player and fire everybody!

« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2023, 12:37:52 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

I think this is where the blame lies. He's a good coach when up but not a strategic mind.
I also think that sometime after the season, we'll hear about team chemistry.

Yup, team chemistry is trash.

Went to the last regular season game this season when all the starters sat, tried not to look to much into it but our starters on the bench clearly were divided into cliques and Jaylen and jayson didn’t even look at each other or talk once and the only starter that even came out to watch the second half or support the team was Al horford… idk thought it was weird

« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2023, 12:38:19 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Anyone gonna bother torturing themselves watching Game 4 and some of these Celtics players or coach for possibly the last time this season?

I'm out lol. If I get texts from folks after 8pm PST then I know they've been embarrassingly bounced. Swept by an 8-seed without Tyler Herro and to guys like Gabe Vincent, Max Strus, Caleb Martin, and Duncan Robinson smh

Don't you know us the fans can directly influence the game?

I take some responsibility.  I put my lucky shirt on Sunday morning, but took it off because I didn't want it to get dirty before the game.  Only I forgot to put it back on! 

Also I usually treat myself for playoff games by getting fast food (pizza or burgers, ice cream, etc.) to eat during the game, but last night my wife made homemade pizza, so I didn't get any take out.  Won't make that mistake again.

Between forgetting my lucky shirt and deviating from my game day meal plan, sorry to admit last night's L was on  me.

But this is my last chance to tinker with the formula.  Lucky shirt, burgers, DQ S'Mores Blizzard (had been going with a Puppy Chow Blizzard lately).  And if they win, going to repeat again the next game, and the next!

If they win, and you're not watching, you can't watch again until they lose!  If they win 3 in a row, don't you dare tune into Game 7!

Seriously though, I'm going to watch, because it's one of my last excuses to gorge on fast food.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2023, 12:38:37 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

YES YES! LETS KEEP FALLING SHORT! KEEP JOE! KEEP BRAD! SAVE MORE MONEY WYC! WE ARE JUST HAPPY QUITTING AND MAKING ANOTHER ECF AND GETTING EMBARASED AFTER THINKING WE MADE PROGRESS LAST YEAR!

LET THE SAME PROBLEM CONTINUE! THEYLL FIGURE IT OUT MAYBE IN 10 YEARS!

GENIUS!  ::) ::) ::)
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2023, 12:39:37 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
Almost a sense of relief that the season is almost over.
It’s a chore to watch this team and waiting for them to consistently play the way we all want them too is not fun anymore.
I have almost no interest in watching them dribble the ball off their feet and lose in the finals so maybe this is for the best!

Would be so this team if they were to drag this out to a game 7 and blow a 20 point lead in the 4th quarter and lose. Doesn’t look to me like they have that much fight in them though, they’re currently all booking their trips to Cancun.

DONT BE A QUITTER! KEEP WATCHUNG THIS GREAT HEART AND EFFORT NIGHT INA ND OUT!  ::) ::)
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2023, 12:44:39 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar

YES YES! LETS KEEP FALLING SHORT! KEEP JOE! KEEP BRAD! SAVE MORE MONEY WYC! WE ARE JUST HAPPY QUITTING AND MAKING ANOTHER ECF AND GETTING EMBARASED AFTER THINKING WE MADE PROGRESS LAST YEAR!

I mean if they can make it to the ECF 'happily quitting' it's reasonable not to be too upset about that.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2023, 12:45:06 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

Why do you feel entitled to them winning a championship?

It’s hard. Just because they made it last year literally means nothing like everyone seems to assume.
Durant/westbrooks thunder teams looked like they were going to make the finals every year after they made it to 1 and they never got back.

I’m disappointed too but to act like they’re the worst team in the league is for the birds. They were once again on the doorstep.

« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2023, 12:48:04 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364

What is wrong with brad as GM?

« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2023, 12:49:01 PM »

Offline Celtic_Pride777

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
This is the most unlikeable Celtics team since 2019. I don't want to watch another season of this.

« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2023, 12:54:45 PM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
57 Win Team....The most excruciating 57 wins I've ever experienced. A very unlikable Team for sure.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2023, 12:56:45 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

What is wrong with brad as GM?

IF HE DOES NOT FIRE JOE. been discussed here AD INFINITUM NOW
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2023, 12:57:28 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
This is the most unlikeable Celtics team since 2019. I don't want to watch another season of this.

agreed

games are like chinese water torture
LET'S GO CELTICS!