Author Topic: The morning after...  (Read 5616 times)

Re: The morning after...
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2023, 10:28:00 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
Had an easy road to finals after Milwaukee got put out but struggle against Atlanta & Philadelphia then going get swept by an 8th seed

yeah that adds gasoline to the fire. a top team was knocked off for u and you choke like a dog.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2023, 10:28:30 AM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1806
I feel depressed!  I blame Ime for this mess and while I think the owners did the right thing in suspending him, they did the wrong thing in replacing him with Joe. I like this team but it needs a leader.  Usually that is a player but maybe in this case it's a coach.  Focus the team on defense.  I don't think they should blow the team up until they see how they respond to a defense minded hard-ass coach (Ime?).  While I have always been a fan of Al, he can't be a starter any longer.  2nd or 3rd big would be a better place for him.  Rob is great when used properly.  Joe screwed around with his minutes and how to use him.  Keep the Jays and hope for the best.  Go Cs!
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2023, 10:32:10 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
-I have ZERO doubts that if they had a good, coach this would not be happening. Spo as the coach of the Cs would be easily on his way to a second title with the Cs.

-There is some sort of faction in the lockerroom that has created some sort of toxic situation. I think that centers around Joe and his inability to do this job. He has lost players (Smart and Brown) and that has turned this south.

-They do not play defense at all. I do not want to hear the numbers or analytics. This team has taken several steps back on defense.

-Zero identity on offense. Joe has no scheme or sets. Just ball chucking from 3. The Celtics shoot themselves out of games. Players are taking it on themselves because they simply don't trust the coach.

-The inability to close games has now happened 2 years in a row. Smart thinks he is go to guy. Brown has the mentality but has awful handles and makes such bad decisions he just turns it over. Tatum SHOULD be your alpa but he often defers, becomes passive late or gets frustrated when he does not get the whistle.

-Not sure how you bring things back the same. Brogdan needs to start. Smart should be the 6th man or traded.
Joe said he lost the lockeroom. How do you recover from that? No come to Jesus meeting is going to fix this.

-Great collection of players but they look like they have no idea how to play as a team anymore. They look now like they did when Ime first took over.

-Flawed roster from the start. Never addressed a LEGIT big off the bench with an old Al and an often injured Rob. Kornet is simply a farce. Still no wing sub for the J's. Hauser has been ok but it is obvious he is not trusted. I am baffled if Duncan Robinson can make it and perform like this why can't Sam?

-Wasted TPEs by letting them expire. Brad has his share of blame also.

« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2023, 10:33:42 AM »

Offline DocomoCelts

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 24
Incredible sense of disappointment.  No matter the result, I always thought this group were together and willing to drop punches as a group, and the way they quit, even when the coach was clearly completely lost in the headlights, really hurt.  I never thought I'd see a Celtics team who rolled over like they did.  What an utter disgrace to this organization.

« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2023, 10:49:39 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
It’s amazing they won either previous series .  They had the superior talent on paper , but you could see once Tatum or Brown was off , the dam was ready to bust, nobody answered the call. All the heat bench were playing playoff level ball. .  Joe was clueless as leader and unable to adjust his rotations or lead his players out of the holes they dug.  The Butler type unrelenting mindset to win is totally absent from this group it appears.  They are to hippy Kyrie Types not focused on winning.  Winning is not a  priority.  Maybe they need another career , since professional sports is about bringing your best effort to work.  If they can’t get excited and dig down for playoffs …then maybe they shouldn’t be in competitive sports business. They want coast to to title . It will never happen . There will always be teams willing to play harder and take you down. 

I blame Brad and the owners , it was about them not Ime , Ime was human , but somebody wanted his hide badly. , then the players themselves not wanting a captain….that’s not good sign. I always played for a captain no matter what sport or level.

« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2023, 10:57:21 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
Well, had an ulcer attack in the middle of the night, which was likely caused by the stress eating this dang team causes me to do haha

I’m realllllyyyy considering doing some kayak fishing tomorrow night  and just having the game playing on my phone. Give this team as much attention as they give to the details of the game themselves.

« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2023, 11:08:39 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
Well, had an ulcer attack in the middle of the night, which was likely caused by the stress eating this dang team causes me to do haha

I’m realllllyyyy considering doing some kayak fishing tomorrow night  and just having the game playing on my phone. Give this team as much attention as they give to the details of the game themselves.

Nothing wrong with skipping the live game to go outside and catching up later. Especially if it's stressing you out.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2023, 11:27:50 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
I feel depressed!  I blame Ime for this mess and while I think the owners did the right thing in suspending him, they did the wrong thing in replacing him with Joe. I like this team but it needs a leader.  Usually that is a player but maybe in this case it's a coach.  Focus the team on defense.  I don't think they should blow the team up until they see how they respond to a defense minded hard-ass coach (Ime?).  While I have always been a fan of Al, he can't be a starter any longer.  2nd or 3rd big would be a better place for him.  Rob is great when used properly.  Joe screwed around with his minutes and how to use him.  Keep the Jays and hope for the best.  Go Cs!

This is pretty much where I’m at too after processing everything. The players’ reactions when we went double big vs Philly were very telling. They were excited, they wanted to bring back the #1 defense from the  previous year. From there alone you could surmise that there was a disjoint among Joe and some of the players, strategy wise at least. Also, we need a coach who could keep the guys accountable. Someone who the players will respect. I think the players see Joe more as a peer than as a leader. I thought we missed out on Snyder when he left Utah. I hope we don’t do the same with the highly qualified coaches who are searching for a job now. Monty Williams comes to mind.

« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2023, 12:02:34 PM »

Offline nyceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31

This is pretty much where I’m at too after processing everything. The players’ reactions when we went double big vs Philly were very telling. They were excited, they wanted to bring back the #1 defense from the  previous year. From there alone you could surmise that there was a disjoint among Joe and some of the players, strategy wise at least. Also, we need a coach who could keep the guys accountable. Someone who the players will respect. I think the players see Joe more as a peer than as a leader. I thought we missed out on Snyder when he left Utah. I hope we don’t do the same with the highly qualified coaches who are searching for a job now. Monty Williams comes to mind.
I was thinking that this team could use an earful from KG.  Is it out of the realm of possibility for Doc to take over with KG and Rondo as assistants?  I know the sentiment around Doc isn't great, but at least he won once.  My real thought is that Rondo is the future coach and KG is there to kick them in the behind.

« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2023, 12:09:19 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

I was thinking that this team could use an earful from KG.  Is it out of the realm of possibility for Doc to take over with KG and Rondo as assistants?  I know the sentiment around Doc isn't great, but at least he won once.  My real thought is that Rondo is the future coach and KG is there to kick them in the behind.

NO. KG is notr coming here to coach LOL
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2023, 12:16:01 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Anyone gonna bother torturing themselves watching Game 4 and some of these Celtics players or coach for possibly the last time this season?

I'm out lol. If I get texts from folks after 8pm PST then I know they've been embarrassingly bounced. Swept by an 8-seed without Tyler Herro and to guys like Gabe Vincent, Max Strus, Caleb Martin, and Duncan Robinson smh

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2023, 12:18:17 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
Had an easy road to finals after Milwaukee got put out but struggle against Atlanta & Philadelphia then going get swept by an 8th seed

Don’t understand this mentality. Miami plays us better than Milwaukee. How exactly is it an easier road having to play Miami!? They beat Milwaukee.

Lol I guess you just don’t watch this team. They probably actually would’ve played hard if they matched up against Milwaukee and we would probably be a win away from the finals if we were playing Milwaukee.

« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2023, 12:18:31 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
Anyone gonna bother torturing themselves watching Game 4 and some of these Celtics players or coach for possibly the last time this season?

I'm out lol. If I get texts from folks after 8pm PST then I know they've been embarrassingly bounced. Swept by an 8-seed without Tyler Herro and to guys like Gabe Vincent, Max Strus, Caleb Martin, and Duncan Robinson smh

i will watch score on my phone so i can see when i win my bet on the heat MONEYLINE

going with the nuggets tonight, if they lose they will close out at home. no worries. laying money on them as well.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2023, 12:18:36 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'm undecided.  I think I'm just going to watch a show with my wife.  I'll monitor the game and see if they're putting up a fight.  If so, I'll tune it at some point.

At some point, you just need to stop watching the same car wreck over and over.  It's not entertainment, it's micro-trauma.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2023, 12:20:45 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176

Not your typical 8 seed. Same roster was the 1 seed last season and they’re currently playing at that clip.
Those guys you listed are all playing better than our entire roster. Embarrassing? Sure but Give the heat some credit.