Author Topic: The morning after...  (Read 5612 times)

The morning after...
« on: May 22, 2023, 07:30:15 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
How are you guys feeling?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: The morning after...
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2023, 07:32:10 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
How are you guys feeling?

Not so good but life goes on...

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 07:32:38 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2403
Acceptance.

The anger and disappointment has passed. For the most part anyway.

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2023, 07:32:59 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365
I think its clear now its all coaching here. The same team last year while they did have mental lapses, didnt have this lack of effort on defense. They fought until the end.

team has tuned Mazzulla out. his comments after the game are pretty shocking. It's clear he's lost the locker-room.

not sure how the team can bring him back. Once the players sour on you in the NBA Its over.

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2023, 07:34:09 AM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 622
Not as bad as I did last year. This was more embarrassing but I think I was more invested last year.

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2023, 07:36:34 AM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
I’m still amazed at what’s transpired over the last 12 hours.  Didn’t think the wheels would just completely come off like this.  If we’re talking about Joe just strictly losing the players, I figured it would be a slow burn that would manifest itself mid season next year
Greg

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2023, 07:39:44 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
I’m still amazed at what’s transpired over the last 12 hours.  Didn’t think the wheels would just completely come off like this.  If we’re talking about Joe just strictly losing the players, I figured it would be a slow burn that would manifest itself mid season next year

maybe its better this way. That way Brad has to make real substantive changes. if we lost in 6 or 7, brad would chalk it up to Miami hitting their stride. and we would have another wasted season. But with such a failure with this roster, changes HAVE to be made.

and you cant roll out the same coach if he's already lost the locker-room. like it or not, its a league of star players. Look at how many coaches Lebron has gotten fired.

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2023, 07:41:27 AM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
Last year when they lost in the finals I was bummed but felt it was part of a natural progression towards ultimately winning the title.

I don't feel that way at all right now. 

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2023, 07:48:22 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
Last year when they lost in the finals I was bummed but felt it was part of a natural progression towards ultimately winning the title.

This is how I feel. It felt like they found something with Ime, and could build off it with an upgraded roster.

now it feels like we took a step back with the coaching staff and need to find out how to get back there.

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2023, 07:49:52 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Not as bad as I did last year. This was more embarrassing but I think I was more invested last year.

We were so much closer last year.

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2023, 07:51:04 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

This is how I feel. It felt like they found something with Ime, and could build off it with an upgraded roster.

now it feels like we took a step back with the coaching staff and need to find out how to get back there.

As much crap as Joe is getting. I blame Ime for ripping this team off. This should've been our year.

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2023, 07:52:12 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Yeah.  Last year there was so much to look forward to.  Right now, it suddenly feels like we're at a crossroads.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2023, 07:57:33 AM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 622

Yeah.  Last year there was so much to look forward to.  Right now, it suddenly feels like we're at a crossroads.

Its a crossroads but with out much choice. Its gonna be really hard to shake up this team. We're kinda stuck with this roster for the most part. Maybe a coaching change but 3 new coaches in 3 years....yikes.

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2023, 07:57:38 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
They haven’t earned ruining my day. 
Yup

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2023, 07:59:36 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Its a crossroads but with out much choice. Its gonna be really hard to shake up this team. We're kinda stuck with this roster for the most part. Maybe a coaching change but 3 new coaches in 3 years....yikes.

I'm not sure if I 100% agree.  I think that Smart, White and Brogdon are all tradeable.  I think that if Brad wants to, he could majorly shake up the roster, while still staying committed to Tatum / Brown.

And then, of course, there's the nuclear option of trading JB.