Author Topic: If any scenario where a team down 0-3 comes back  (Read 3741 times)

Re: If any scenario where a team down 0-3 comes back
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2023, 07:37:35 AM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 618
I give that less than a 0% chance of it happening.

You'd have a greater chance getting struck by lightning twice than watching THIS CELTICS TEAM come back up from 0-3 and actually winning it (not coming back to 3-3 and LOSING Game 7, but WINNING Game 7)

Brain exploding

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2023, 07:37:53 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Guys the ‘04 Sox looked cooked too…I’m not saying it’s going to happen but there’s still a chance

How often does JT and JB both have bad games in a row?

How often does the team shoot 5-70 from 3 (prior to the 4th q)?

We can’t let the role players get going

Let Jimmy get his and stop their 3pt shooters from getting open looks

I mentioned the 2004 Sox in the game thread, just because there's a parallel between the beat down each team got in Game 3.

I will say, back then, that I wasn't hopeless.  It's probably because I was much younger and less jaded, but I was actually talking myself into a comeback, just based upon the way the pitching lined up.  I was right there until the end.

With this team, I don't get the same vibe, at all.  That Sox team was full of "dirt dogs" who consistently busted their asses.  They had clutch players.  And, due to the nature of the sport, they had the ability for one guy to come in and shut the Yankees down.  (Side note:  it's ridiculous that Schilling isn't in the Hall of Fame, and I'd put Manny in there, too.)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2023, 07:41:49 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
Guys the ‘04 Sox looked cooked too…I’m not saying it’s going to happen but there’s still a chance

I mentioned the 2004 Sox in the game thread, just because there's a parallel between the beat down each team got in Game 3.

I will say, back then, that I wasn't hopeless.  It's probably because I was much younger and less jaded, but I was actually talking myself into a comeback, just based upon the way the pitching lined up.  I was right there until the end.

With this team, I don't get the same vibe, at all.  That Sox team was full of "dirt dogs" who consistently busted their asses.  They had clutch players.  And, due to the nature of the sport, they had the ability for one guy to come in and shut the Yankees down.  (Side note:  it's ridiculous that Schilling isn't in the Hall of Fame, and I'd put Manny in there, too.)

Kinda how I feel. same with 28-3. I knew brady had the will to win and you had Bill on the coaching staff that anything could happen.

feels like last night the team quit on Joe. If the team has no faith in the coaching staff its over.

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2023, 07:43:47 AM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 618

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2023, 07:55:06 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
The only thing that gives me hope is that while in one sense it looked like the team quit because of the score and the body language, they also went after the ball when it was loose.  They outrebounded the Heat by 22, and had a 21-1 offensive rebounding edge.  Buried in that dreck from last night was a team that crashed the boards hard.  They couldn’t get anything to fall, and the Heat couldn’t miss again, but there was a real commitment to an aspect of the game that arguably cost us in game 2.

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2023, 08:01:45 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
The only thing that gives me hope is that while in one sense it looked like the team quit because of the score and the body language, they also went after the ball when it was loose.  They outrebounded the Heat by 22, and had a 21-1 offensive rebounding edge.  Buried in that dreck from last night was a team that crashed the boards hard.  They couldn’t get anything to fall, and the Heat couldn’t miss again, but there was a real commitment to an aspect of the game that arguably cost us in game 2.

Of course, it's easier to get offensive rebounds when you're throwing up bricks constantly, and the other team isn't missing. ;)

I admire the optimism, truly.  Watching that game, though, it looked to me like a team going through the motions. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2023, 08:54:01 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
they tuned out their coach, they have no faith in him. it's over.
They might stand a chance if they tune him out
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2023, 08:57:18 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
The Celtics quit?

They literally have their vacations booked.

Good luck with that

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2023, 09:17:15 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985

Of course, it's easier to get offensive rebounds when you're throwing up bricks constantly, and the other team isn't missing. ;)

I admire the optimism, truly.  Watching that game, though, it looked to me like a team going through the motions.

For sure, it’s one reason I think rebounds can be overrated at times.  But they also recovered 34 of 35 Miami misses.  They weren’t just standing around watching when shots went up — they went after the ball, which requires some effort.  Deep down, somewhere in that team, is energy waiting to come to the surface.  I’m not sure there’s enough of it to win this series, but I’m hopeful there’s enough to win game 4 and take it from there.

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2023, 10:14:03 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I was thinking about a comeback like this too. After all, someone has to be the first in the NBA to comeback from a 3-0 deficit. Then it occurred to me, the spineless players on this team want nothing to do with facing the backlash from their homecourt fans in game 5.

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2023, 10:26:06 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
I bet Miami moneyline in game 3 and won and now I'm betting Miami as a slight favorite moneyline to win game 4. Celtics are +1200 to win Championship.

i am doing two system plays now like i do in MLB.

4 game chase with heat and nuggets. boston and fakers are done. capitalize on it. I will take heat ML as well as nuggets until they clinch. lets make some money. just keep doubling down until it hits which it will. i see us getting swept and i do not see lakers going past 5.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2023, 10:59:48 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I bet Miami moneyline in game 3 and won and now I'm betting Miami as a slight favorite moneyline to win game 4. Celtics are +1200 to win Championship.

I think I'd bet my house on Miami winning Game 4.

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2023, 11:02:00 AM »

• Dennis Johnson

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2023, 11:05:20 AM »

• Dennis Johnson
I was thinking about a comeback like this too. After all, someone has to be the first in the NBA to comeback from a 3-0 deficit. Then it occurred to me, the spineless players on this team want nothing to do with facing the backlash from their homecourt fans in game 5.

correct. the boobirds would be circling the garden and they would be booed out the building and justifiably so.

id start the chant

JOE U SUCK

JOE U SUCK

BRAD u SUCK BRAD U SUCK

etc
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2023, 11:55:42 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Not with the way the team gave up and quit. I have more belief in the Lakers coming back than the Celtics even though Miami is worse than Denver and Boston is better than Los Angeles.  At least the Lakers have hung in there and haven't given up.  At least the Lakers look like they care.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip