Author Topic: Are Most people on this board Young?  (Read 2092 times)

Are Most people on this board Young?
« on: May 20, 2023, 09:10:50 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 51
I mean come on! I have closely followed the Celtics since the 60's. The team we have now is incredible! Do you even realize how many times this team has been among the last 4 NBA teams still standing? Winning is fun and right Now as a Celtics fan, you have had a lot of winning!! Yes Titles are great, but Only 1 TEAM per you get's that!! What is everyone complaining about!!! Holy Crap, I hate this site!!! A bunch of spoiled babies!!!
This team has been truly amazing to watch and all everyone does on this site is cry!!!
You should all live in Atlanta, or Utah or Denver or Just about any other city in the country!!!
Just Stop and enjoy your Celtics!!!!!!!!!! THEY WIN more than most teams in the NBA!!

Re: Are Most people on this board Young?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2023, 09:29:30 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
1 title in almost 40 years is why we're "babies"
Some of us don't like losing. Odd you find that to be a fault.
Meanwhile LA and the Warriors pile up titles.

This franchise can't meet the bar of excellence it set decades ago.

Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2023, 09:44:31 PM »

Offline DocomoCelts

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 24
It’s precisely because folks here remember the great Celtics teams of the past that expectations are high. I wouldn’t use the word incredible, but this is a very good team with the talent to win a championship. We should not be satisfied with a Playoffs Participation medal.

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2023, 09:46:41 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
The negativity bothers me too - but mostly during games when Cs are in a drought or a player isn’t having a good game - it’s like some here don’t realize that that teams and players have ups and downs.  And of course, after losses it can get pretty desperate.  However, fickle as fans are, this site brightens when the Cs look good and when they win.  I tend to tune out or look elsewhere when I’m annoyed. Overall, the site is great - different POVs and interesting takes. And when the Cs win like G6 and G7 last week, there’s nowhere better to share the experience.  But if you hate the site you should probably look elsewhere - as you probably already do. 

Go Celtics - hope they can turn it around in Miami.

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2023, 10:45:29 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Yeah, it is a bit much at times. Just avoid the site after losses. Problem solved.  :)
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2023, 11:33:07 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730
I mean come on! I have closely followed the Celtics since the 60's. The team we have now is incredible! Do you even realize how many times this team has been among the last 4 NBA teams still standing? Winning is fun and right Now as a Celtics fan, you have had a lot of winning!! Yes Titles are great, but Only 1 TEAM per you get's that!! What is everyone complaining about!!! Holy Crap, I hate this site!!! A bunch of spoiled babies!!!
This team has been truly amazing to watch and all everyone does on this site is cry!!!
You should all live in Atlanta, or Utah or Denver or Just about any other city in the country!!!
Just Stop and enjoy your Celtics!!!!!!!!!! THEY WIN more than most teams in the NBA!!

I also have been a Celtics fan since the 60's.
One title in 36 years is unacceptable and is why we are upset.
The Celtics are not your average franchise. Just being "pretty good" is not good enough.
The tradition and the unparalleled fan base demand better.

Obviously, there is no way to repeat the Bill Russell era, 11 titles in 13 seasons.
But it is perfectly reasonable to expect what we saw from the Cowens and Bird teams.
Garnett's group won a title and deserved better, but bad luck and the league worked against them.
The team we have now is not incredible. They lose games they have no business losing.
They have had repeated playoff meltdowns as bad as any I have seen in the league.

The bottom line issue is really ownership and management.
They are the ones ultimately making decisions on players and coaches.
As innovative and fun as the Brad Stevens experiment was, it is obvious we need pro guys in charge.
We also need ownership willing to pay for and support a winner.

The franchise needs a shakeup across the board to capitalize on a team capable of winning titles.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2023, 11:41:40 PM by tenn_smoothie »
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2023, 11:37:24 PM »

Online JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
I’m 39, only 3 titles in my lifetime, only one I can recall
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2023, 11:41:58 PM »

Offline Celtic_Pride777

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35

The Celtics are not your average franchise. Just being "pretty good" is not good enough.

Obviously, there is no way to repeat the Bill Russell era, 11 titles in 13 seasons.
But it is perfectly reasonable to expect what we saw from the Cowens and Bird eras.
Garnett's team won a title and deserved better, but bad luck and the league worked against them.

As innovative and fun as the Brad Stevens experiment was, it is obvious we need pro guys in charge.

The franchise needs a shakeup across the board to capitalize on a team capable of winning titles.

I know, right? Promoting Brad when he's never had any experience as a GM or worked in the front office? Giving a 3-year extension to a Division II college coach who's accomplished nothing since entering the league? I know being unconventional and thinking outside the box sometimes works, but what the hell is Wyc thinking?

I don't know. Maybe it will all work out in the long run. I'm sure we'll be back in the ECF. Our team is good enough to win a championship.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 12:11:34 AM by Celtic_Pride777 »

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2023, 11:50:22 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Have been watching since the 70’s and expect excellence with the talent on this team. Yes, I enjoy the team but expect a title and another and another.

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2023, 05:18:16 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364

But it is perfectly reasonable to expect what we saw from the Cowens and Bird eras.
Garnett's team won a title and deserved better, but bad luck and the league worked against them.

I know, right? Promoting Brad when he's never had any experience as a GM or worked in the front office? Giving a 3-year extension to a Division II college coach who's accomplished nothing since entering the league? I know being unconventional and thinking outside the box sometimes works, but what the hell is Wyc thinking?

I don't know. Maybe it will all work out in the long run. I'm sure we'll be back in the ECF. Our team is good enough to win a championship.

what has Brad done as GM that has been bad? brought back Al, brought in Brogdan/Gallinari. He's been pretty good so far.

Ainge hit his shelf life here. too obsessed with the undersized scoring guards and hoarding picks.

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2023, 05:26:09 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
1 title in almost 40 years is why we're "babies"
Some of us don't like losing. Odd you find that to be a fault.
Meanwhile LA LeBron and the WarriorsCurry pile up titles.

This franchise can't meet the bar of excellence it set decades ago.

Fixed that for you. The best generational players wind up with titles. The Celtics haven’t had that since Bird & Russell. It is what it is.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2023, 07:34:32 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

what has Brad done as GM that has been bad? brought back Al, brought in Brogdan/Gallinari. He's been pretty good so far.

Ainge hit his shelf life here. too obsessed with the undersized scoring guards and hoarding picks.
So perhaps this thread needs to evolve into a Danny vs. Brad vs. Wyc discussion because it's really been a combined era. Ainge followed a key principle: You need elite players. What Brad did that Ainge didn't quite do: You need complementary players who are good shooters such as Brogdon and Gallinari. Both approaches are necessary. In my opinion, the one who didn't do his job was Wyc Grousbeck. He did not recognize that the time was right to go all in. I still get the nagging feeling that he truly cares more about the bottom line than winning it all. No chips lately, but the business is worth billions more today than even just a few years ago.

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2023, 08:14:30 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522

From a number of posters Brad gets the unique distinction of having put together a championship level roster while being unfit to be a GM.

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2023, 09:15:39 AM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
The negativity bothers me too - but mostly during games when Cs are in a drought or a player isn’t having a good game - it’s like some here don’t realize that that teams and players have ups and downs.  And of course, after losses it can get pretty desperate.  However, fickle as fans are, this site brightens when the Cs look good and when they win.  I tend to tune out or look elsewhere when I’m annoyed. Overall, the site is great - different POVs and interesting takes. And when the Cs win like G6 and G7 last week, there’s nowhere better to share the experience.  But if you hate the site you should probably look elsewhere - as you probably already do. 

Go Celtics - hope they can turn it around in Miami.

For a period of time back in the day I use to join in the game threads and had to stop.  Too much anger and negativity, it made watching the game a lot less enjoyable.
Greg

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2023, 09:26:37 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

So perhaps this thread needs to evolve into a Danny vs. Brad vs. Wyc discussion because it's really been a combined era. Ainge followed a key principle: You need elite players. What Brad did that Ainge didn't quite do: You need complementary players who are good shooters such as Brogdon and Gallinari. Both approaches are necessary. In my opinion, the one who didn't do his job was Wyc Grousbeck. He did not recognize that the time was right to go all in. I still get the nagging feeling that he truly cares more about the bottom line than winning it all. No chips lately, but the business is worth billions more today than even just a few years ago.

Then - you need those players to perform at their best (or better than the opposition) at the same time, at the right time, led by a coach that makes the right decisions at the right time. Talent and ability don't mean much if it can't be maximized and deployed when needed. That's something outside Brad's control unfortunately. But what he can do is get rid of the ones that don't, or won't.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D