Author Topic: Strus inbound play with 21.6 seconds left  (Read 726 times)

Strus inbound play with 21.6 seconds left
« on: May 20, 2023, 09:38:15 AM »

Offline bricone29

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
Strus moving on the inbound pass. Only down by 2 then. Where's the outrage on this?

Re: Strus inbound play with 21.6 seconds left
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2023, 09:44:05 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
Is that a play that could have been challenged? 

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2023, 09:56:33 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
I don’t believe so as you can’t challenge a non call. Only official calls can be challenged.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2023, 10:01:25 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
Strus moving on the inbound pass. Only down by 2 then. Where's the outrage on this?

I think there's more outrage for things that the Celtics can control, like Marcus handing the ball to the opposition at the end.

There's not much we can do about a blown call like that. Even Reggie Miller and Stan asked how often will refs call that in the playoffs. My guess is not very often.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2023, 10:11:49 AM by green_bballers13 »

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2023, 10:38:41 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Because it never should have gotten to that point.

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2023, 11:45:43 AM »

Offline Chef Parish

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 1673
Regardless if the Celtics played like crap or it should never have gotten to this point.

This was a big key only down by 2. A hard to tell charge or slight fingernail tip out of bounds where it could possibly go both ways is different from an obvious deadball missed call where at least one ref should be looking at the player holding the ball.

If the Celtics were losing double digits at this point, sure who cares. Change of possession, down only two...totally different story.

I get it, nothing we can do now. But this team was still in it. This take is a lot better than hearing today's morning sports radio analyzing how Jaylen Brown making All-NBA team helps with his trade value this offseason.

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2023, 11:49:55 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 592
Regardless if the Celtics played like crap or it should never have gotten to this point.

This was a big key only down by 2. A hard to tell charge or slight fingernail tip out of bounds where it could possibly go both ways is different from an obvious deadball missed call where at least one ref should be looking at the player holding the ball.

If the Celtics were losing double digits at this point, sure who cares. Change of possession, down only two...totally different story.

I get it, nothing we can do now. But this team was still in it. This take is a lot better than hearing today's morning sports radio analyzing how Jaylen Brown making All-NBA team helps with his trade value this offseason.

Well said.
Still don't believe in Joe.