Author Topic: Thank you Brad & Wyc  (Read 3030 times)

Re: Thank you Brad & Wyc
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2023, 12:39:05 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
It's been obvious that the team wasn't going all-in this season.  They didn't use the TPEs that could have brought in quality players, they cut payroll during the season, Brad never brought in a legit backup center, they didn't fill out the coaching staff, etc., etc.

At least ticket prices are spiking next season.

Apparently anything good this season is "found money" for this team, as they plan on winning titles over the next several seasons. Or so I hear.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2023, 12:39:32 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Can’t imagine we dump off Mazzulla three months after making him permanent.  I think - rightly or wrongly - we’ll choose to play the long game and develop him.

Hate the idea of treating a contender as a training ground - and have from the start including the Ime hire, if I’m honest - but here we are.

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2023, 12:44:54 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Can’t imagine we dump off Mazzulla three months after making him permanent.  I think - rightly or wrongly - we’ll choose to play the long game and develop him.

Hate the idea of treating a contender as a training ground - and have from the start including the Ime hire, if I’m honest - but here we are.

Major difference between the two. Ime was a first year head coach, yes, but he had three + times the amount of NBA coaching experience under experienced coaches, let alone being an NBA player. Totally different situations.

Ime was also the top young assistant on the market at that time. Joe was/is a nobody who fell into the job, and it shows.

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2023, 03:28:59 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 262
  • International Superstar
At that point in the preseason, the decision to select Joe may have seemed reasonable at the time, but that's only if you actually helped support him along the way. To allow as much brain drain of the coaching staff as we did and not replace the lost talent is such a failure on Brad. Even before the season, knowing Joe is as inexperienced as he is Brad should've done whatever he could to get a veteran coach on the bench with Joe. But no.

But, obviously we made the wrong choice between Joe and Stoudamire, too. Don't understand the reason for choosing Joe in this situation, especially given how little experience he has and his sketchy past with domestic violence when coming off the Ime situation.

The brain drain is the big issue for me, as well - I said it in another thread but if you pick Stat for the head coaching position it’s likely you keep Mazzulla as well - what’s the impetus for allowing everyone to walk without replacing them?
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2023, 04:46:07 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
100 % correct. These two are the real culprits. The rest of this cluster is just conversation.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2023, 04:49:46 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
I ve watched the Celtics for decades .

Joe has the lowest IQ of any coach I can remember.  Is he even in the same building watching the same game as the fans ? If he does something right …..it’s nothing more than an accident.

Front office just wasted a season because of somebody’s flirting women .  Was it really really worth all this for a little revenge ,  when a few games of suspension would have been more than anybody else on any other team has got . For something that is so common.

Well, Brad has to prove how progressive he is.
He was actually in (fake) tears at one of the pressers when the Ime story broke before the season.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2023, 05:35:20 AM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
I don’t think mazzula is a good coach but these same problems have effected this team since the bubble season.
It’s mostly on the players.
The Ime worship is a bit much for me..he had us 1 game better this time last season and jimmy butler simply missed a 3 pointer that would’ve put them in the finals over us…either way we turned it over at will in the finals and choked like dogs. Good job ime.

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2023, 06:44:19 AM »

Online DocomoCelts

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 24
This was a wasted season, so it's up to Brad, if he has the courage, to make some big changes this summer.  If only we could get Spo, he's an incredible coach.

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2023, 06:49:48 AM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
This was a wasted season, so it's up to Brad, if he has the courage, to make some big changes this summer.  If only we could get Spo, he's an incredible coach.

Yup, and unfortunately he’s making a huge difference in this series…basically the only coach who can directly account for multiple  wins in a series.   Bad matchup for us for that reason.

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2023, 06:49:52 AM »

Offline soulman

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 21
We play soft. I liked it better with Ime.

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2023, 06:55:20 AM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

Played pretty soft with Ime when we forgot how to dribble and choked in the finals. Could’ve easily lost in the confernce finals and semis with Ime had 1 or 2 plays gone differently in either of those series last year.

Mazzula stinks but this Ime hype is becoming too much for me.

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2023, 07:48:14 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359

Played pretty soft with Ime when we forgot how to dribble and choked in the finals. Could’ve easily lost in the confernce finals and semis with Ime had 1 or 2 plays gone differently in either of those series last year.

Mazzula stinks but this Ime hype is becoming too much for me.

Yeah, mazzula has not been good but theres alot of revisionist history going on with Ime.

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2023, 08:08:44 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I don’t think mazzula is a good coach but these same problems have effected this team since the bubble season.
It’s mostly on the players.
The Ime worship is a bit much for me..he had us 1 game better this time last season and jimmy butler simply missed a 3 pointer that would’ve put them in the finals over us up by 1 with 16 seconds to go…either way we turned it over at will in the finals and choked like dogs. Good job ime.

I didn't necessarily love Ime, but he took a team that essentially stopped caring about basketball and who started out the year 18-21 and took them to the Finals.

As for it being on the players, sure, to an extent. But we didn't have Brogdon last year and we had all kinds of small injuries bouncing around. The bubble season was even worse with injuries (Hayward, hobbled Kemba) and we were playing Kanter/Theis/Wanamaker major rotation minutes.

This was the year and that's why it's been so frustrating to Cs fans - throughout the season - to watch this team underperform, especially in close games.

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2023, 08:11:01 AM »

Offline GreenBoomer

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 7
Pat Riley built his team the right way. They get after you. They scrap. They don't back down. They play thru the right player(s). They are coached well. And at the end of the day, you take your chances with that and sleep well at night. You know what you have there. Celtics are nothing like that.

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2023, 08:20:13 AM »

Offline GreenBoomer

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 7
Teams are a reflection of their leaders. I'll put it this way. Who would you want in the foxhole beside you, Riley or Stevens? I'm going with Riley every time.