Author Topic: Do you still believe?  (Read 19563 times)

Re: Do you still believe?
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2023, 03:22:37 AM »

Online Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 262
  • International Superstar
The thing about belief is that it doesn’t have to be tethered to evidence, so I’ll maintain my belief in their ability to win the series.

That said, it’s very possible Jpot, Mahk, and others could be proven right about the outcome of the series. But I believe.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2023, 03:39:37 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
When you have a fully healthy team without the Bucks or 76ers in the way in the east and you still play like crap, then you've failed as a coach, as a GM, and as a team.

This was the perfect year to win it all. Next year will be a lot harder. And we're pretty much stuck with this schmuck and some bad or washed up players.

Banner 18 will soon match the 22 year drought.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2023, 03:51:52 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
No…had a clear path after Warriors, Milwaukee, & 76ers gone then just let a Miami team with Butter, Bam & team of misfits probably sweep u..been saying this for a long time that we need a legit center, not going ever win a championship without one
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2023, 05:00:28 AM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 273
The thing about belief is that it doesn’t have to be tethered to evidence, so I’ll maintain my belief in their ability to win the series.

That said, it’s very possible Jpot, Mahk, and others could be proven right about the outcome of the series. But I believe.

that’s called faith; nothing wrong with that. TP for articulating it so well.

my heart says the C’s make a series of it, but my brain has processed too much evidence to the contrary this season and won’t allow any more unfounded belief.

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2023, 06:23:40 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Celtics should still win this series but the more I see and hear from jimmy butler the heat are easily on their way to winning this. Not only is he owning us on the floor and literally laughing in our players faces he’s playing psychological warfare off it reducing our players to puddles.
Heat in 5 unless the Celtics start taking this personal.

« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2023, 06:32:57 AM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Celtics should still win this series but the more I see and hear from jimmy butler the heat are easily on their way to winning this. Not only is he owning us on the floor and literally laughing in our players faces he’s playing psychological warfare off it reducing our players to puddles.

Celtics should still win this series?!?!!? Lol have you been watching? Butler knows this team is mentally soft and have no coach who can make adjustments defensively. A coach who leaves Rob Williams on the bench in the 4th quarter. Same coach who watches his players get abused by Butler but makes zero adjustments.. Butler knows he can get wherever he wants on the floor and Celtics won’t make any adjustments. Of course Butler is laughing.

« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2023, 06:35:33 AM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
No…had a clear path after Warriors, Milwaukee, & 76ers gone then just let a Miami team with Butter, Bam & team of misfits probably sweep u..been saying this for a long time that we need a legit center, not going ever win a championship without one

The guy that could have helped in the middle and on the boards last night was left on the bench in the 4th quarter. The same guy who was very active in the paint and having a good game..

« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2023, 06:39:55 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175

Celtics should still win this series?!?!!? Lol have you been watching? Butler knows this team is mentally soft and have no coach who can make adjustments defensively. A coach who leaves Rob Williams on the bench in the 4th quarter. Same coach who watches his players get abused by Butler but makes zero adjustments.. Butler knows he can get wherever he wants on the floor and Celtics won’t make any adjustments. Of course Butler is laughing.

Yep. Celtics should unequivocally still win this series.
Will they? Doubtful, as I said I’m taking Heat in 5.

« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2023, 07:33:47 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Yes.
They’ve shown they can win on the road and win when the chips are down.  Tall task.  But if this is the team we thought could win in 5, then that’s all they have to do now. 
« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 11:05:02 AM by Redz »
Yup

« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2023, 07:40:08 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Believe is probably too strong a word.  But I haven’t lost faith completely because Miami is vulnerable. Get a win in Miami tomorrow and the entire complexion of the series changes.  If g3 is a win g4 becomes pivotal for both teams.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2023, 04:36:32 PM by Neurotic Guy »

« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2023, 07:45:52 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
not really, but this is a good road team. if they can take both in Miami then sure.

can they though?

« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2023, 08:49:46 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
This team is incapable of getting a lead up past 12 points most games. They make a run to get up 10-12 and immediately give it all back like in 2 minutes.

Poor shot selection, turnovers just doom this team.

That stretch to start the 2nd quarter going up 12 in 3 minutes, then pulling Tatum and the game suddenly tied over the next 3 minutes said it all. About this team's mentality and about Joe's decision making on substitutions and not understanding momentum.

I guess it's still possible we win. We watched Lebron come back from 0-2 against us in 2018 in the ECF. I get it, we don't have a Lebron and the Cs probably had no business getting as far as they did that year, but it's possible their role players stop collectively shooting better than prime Ray Allen and it's possible guys other than Tatum start taking this series seriously.

« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2023, 08:55:04 AM »

Online mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 610
I no longer believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. They aren't real...I've come to accept it  :'(

But....Xmas and Easter are still fun holidays!

Ya never know what ur gonna get. Anything is possible!

« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2023, 09:05:54 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I definitely believe that this team can win this series. It's going to be hard and they will face adversity. All of that is ok. It's hard to win championships.

« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2023, 09:20:18 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Not a title team mentally nor coaching wise