Author Topic: Do you still believe?  (Read 19564 times)

Re: Do you still believe?
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2023, 12:07:54 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
This team is incapable of getting a lead up past 12 points most games. They make a run to get up 10-12 and immediately give it all back like in 2 minutes.

Poor shot selection, turnovers just doom this team.

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2023, 12:40:02 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I still believe, firmly, that this team can't get out of its own way, can't keep a lead, and can't play well in crunch time.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2023, 12:48:11 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Naw. This team doesn't have the character of last year's team to do such a task, and Miami isn't Philly. They may win one game, but I have zero confidence in them winning this series at this point.

And it's primarily due to employing a traffic cone as our coach who simply doesn't understand what he's watching in the game and insists on some of the worst defensive and offensive gameplans and strategies that you can imagine.

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2023, 01:29:25 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Yes, just about.

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2023, 01:37:58 AM »

Offline Celtic_Pride777

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
Just saw this stat. Teams in the conference finals up 2-0 after starting the series on the road are 15-0 all-time.

Miami must be feeling great. They have yet to lose a home game in the playoff.

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2023, 01:44:58 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
This isn't like they're down 3-2. They'd feel the pressure to start winning in Game 6. They're down 2-0 heading into the enemy's home now.

Nah I don't believe.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2023, 01:48:05 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
This team's mentality just isn't built for c'ship title. Roster is, but mentality not. Sorry guys, but Tatum is not the "gimme that ball" guy. At least not when it needs mostly.

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2023, 01:52:05 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Boston is a place where we play our road games.

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2023, 02:05:17 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I believe we can win the next game. The next one thereafter not so much

And this team doesn’t scream ANYTHING IS POSSIBLLLEEEEEEE
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2023, 02:11:41 AM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 273
this is when we separate the wheat from the chaff: down 2-0 in the ECF to a less talented team, after losing in the finals the previous year, during a season comically themed by the players as “unfinished business.”

these next few games will clearly demonstrate each player’s character…who deserves to be a celtic going forward and who needs to be moved in the offseason. sadly, i expect most of these guys to fold like cheap lawn chairs.

it’s fitting that these prima donnas are being embarrassed by a player who’s far closer to kobe in mentality, a couple of guys past their primes, some g-leaguers, and some undrafted no names.

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2023, 02:19:11 AM »

Offline ManchesterCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34
Tell the Celtics that they suck! If that can't motivate them, what can motivate them?

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2023, 02:20:09 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Get ready for the Greatest comeback in C's History.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2023, 02:21:44 AM »

Offline DocomoCelts

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 24
Didn't really believe but was hoping to see some signs.  So, nope.

« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2023, 02:28:42 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
I firmly maintain my belief in the Celtics' triumph in this series. In my estimation, the Celtics will emerge victorious in the next four games, with three of them being secured on Miami's home court.

The Celtics have proven to excel when playing away from their home arena, unencumbered by the distractions that typically accompany familial obligations. Their performance reaches new heights when they are on the road, united by team dinners and a strengthened sense of camaraderie.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2023, 02:50:36 AM »

Offline Celtic_Pride777

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
this is when we separate the wheat from the chaff: down 2-0 in the ECF to a less talented team, after losing in the finals the previous year, during a season comically themed by the players as “unfinished business.”

these next few games will clearly demonstrate each player’s character…who deserves to be a celtic going forward and who needs to be moved in the offseason. sadly, i expect most of these guys to fold like cheap lawn chairs.

it’s fitting that these prima donnas are being embarrassed by a player who’s far closer to kobe in mentality, a couple of guys past their primes, some g-leaguers, and some undrafted no names.

What they're doing to us is even more embarrassing than Milwaukee. At least that Bucks team was injured and played without Giannis for 2 1/2 games. Our starters are all healthy and are coming off their best statistical seasons with All-NBA, All-Defense, 6MOY, and DPOY honors. The Heat are playing better basketball but we have more than enough talent to beat them. Even with the huge coaching disparity, there's no excuse for losing this series.