Author Topic: Do you still believe?  (Read 19933 times)

Re: Do you still believe?
« Reply #105 on: May 22, 2023, 12:00:18 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/1660478728693256192?s=20

In my 44 years of being associated with the NBA I never thought I’d see a Boston Celtics team, a franchise with 17 Championships, quit. I know Celtics fans all over the world must be disgusted and devastated. The Miami Heat blew them 128-102 out in Game 3.

Wow. You know your team sucks when Magic Johnson calls you out. He never tweets this stuff. LOL
Seeing Magic tweet anything this harsh is quite shocking. He’s usually very gentle

He followed it up with:

“It’s time for the Boston Celtics to make major changes.”

He's not wrong.

clean house.

when a hated rival says that it shows respect. he can see we are in disarray. a hated rival cares and is more embarassed about us than some of our own players.

that is bad,,,,,, real bad look brad.

Agreed. Larry Bird can't even watch this. Bill Russell must feel embarrassed up there. Magic Johnson's tweet nailed it. Clean house, maybe clean Brad out too.

This def has Wyc's attention now.

yup. wyc needs to be drug over the coals. can brad. fine. whatever it takes. there has to be better GM's out there with more experience.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2023, 12:06:18 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

In my 44 years of being associated with the NBA I never thought I’d see a Boston Celtics team, a franchise with 17 Championships, quit. I know Celtics fans all over the world must be disgusted and devastated. The Miami Heat blew them 128-102 out in Game 3.

Wow. You know your team sucks when Magic Johnson calls you out. He never tweets this stuff. LOL
Seeing Magic tweet anything this harsh is quite shocking. He’s usually very gentle

He followed it up with:

He's not wrong.

clean house.

when a hated rival says that it shows respect. he can see we are in disarray. a hated rival cares and is more embarassed about us than some of our own players.

Agreed. Larry Bird can't even watch this. Bill Russell must feel embarrassed up there. Magic Johnson's tweet nailed it. Clean house, maybe clean Brad out too.

yup. wyc needs to be drug over the coals. can brad. fine. whatever it takes. there has to be better GM's out there with more experience.
In my mind, Wyc has lost credibility. His prime directive is running the business and avoiding spending.  He clearly kicked Brad upstairs to save money (he was/is still under contract). He let the TPE's expire. His "fireworks" comment from years ago was BS then and it's BS now.

« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2023, 12:07:15 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Wyc is full of shat

« Reply #108 on: May 22, 2023, 12:14:53 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557

He followed it up with:

He's not wrong.

clean house.

In my mind, Wyc has lost credibility. His prime directive is running the business and avoiding spending.  He clearly kicked Brad upstairs to save money (he was/is still under contract). He let the TPE's expire. His "fireworks" comment from years ago was BS then and it's BS now.

we might need a new coach

new GM

and new ownership

what a joke
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #109 on: May 23, 2023, 11:55:24 PM »

Offline Celtic_Pride777

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
Do you still believe?

« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2023, 11:57:03 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 592
Do you still believe?

No.. not unless they get.to a gm 7.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #111 on: May 24, 2023, 12:00:24 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
I believe that they didn’t completely quit, which was nice to see.  They need to be even better in Game 5, because Miami is going to bring it, but I appreciated the effort tonight.

« Reply #112 on: May 24, 2023, 12:11:02 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
[dang] right I still believe! I will keep believing until we are eliminated after game 4  :police:

I get to believe for a 5th game  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #113 on: May 24, 2023, 12:17:57 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
I believe this team is too much of a rollercoaster. Who knows what happens on Thursday.

« Reply #114 on: May 24, 2023, 12:28:41 AM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Never stopped.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #115 on: May 24, 2023, 12:54:38 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 592
I believe that they didn’t completely quit, which was nice to see.  They need to be even better in Game 5, because Miami is going to bring it, but I appreciated the effort tonight.

Honestly that fact they didn't quit was more important than winning the game. Had they just not showed up, we would have to question tatum's leadership and fire. At least we know that's not a ? now. There is growth here and we can see progress, maybe even a jump in maturity. one =

Anyway if and a BIG IF we manage to get this to a game 7, then I'll start getting tense over these games, Right now, gm 5 and maybe 6 gets looked at like an exhibition game. No pressure, just observe and hope to see signs that the team is going to come back  better.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #116 on: May 24, 2023, 02:09:40 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

Perk and Eddie House both think Miami is going to go back to the zone big time and wall off the paint completely. They don't think we will shoot that well from 3 again. I think they have to be prepared to take the midrange shots that Miami are giving them.

Most important thing is to not turn the ball over.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #117 on: May 24, 2023, 02:13:26 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth

Perk and Eddie House both think Miami is going to go back to the zone big time and wall off the paint completely. They don't think we will shoot that well from 3 again. I think they have to be prepared to take the midrange shots that Miami are giving them.

It all comes down to our defense, if we defend and push, we wont have to deal with their zone as much.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #118 on: May 24, 2023, 02:51:40 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar

If Kendrick Perkins told me he thought that water was wet I would seriously consider the alternative.

Looks like we’re down to winning 3 in a row now. Happy for the team, but I feel for the armchair overreactors and the degenerate gamblers who were hoping for a sweep. Sorry guys.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #119 on: May 24, 2023, 02:55:22 AM »

Offline soulman

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 21
I do not belive, but a feel a bit better that we did not lose 4:0. 1 game at a time now. Let s try and win one more.