Author Topic: Why is this team doing so poorly at home during the playoffs?  (Read 3455 times)

Re: Why is this team doing so poorly at home during the playoffs?
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2023, 03:21:24 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
They’ve always been fueled more by negativity/adversity or being counted out as opposed to when everyone is fawning over them and expecting the best

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2023, 06:48:30 AM »

Offline DocomoCelts

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 24
I think the Boston teams are living off past glories and fall victim to a false sense of superiority that Boston is a fortress.  It isn't, and the teams just don't learn and keep getting found out.

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2023, 09:22:53 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
So I guess they are comfortable embarrassing their family and friends and all the fans that pay for this entertainment?

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2023, 09:30:19 AM »

Offline Celtic_Pride777

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
So I guess they are comfortable embarrassing their family and friends and all the fans that pay for this entertainment?

This is what concerns me the most. Most NBA teams defend their home court with pride, partly not to disappoint their fans. This team simply doesn't give a [dang].

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2023, 12:43:12 PM »

Offline Celtic_Pride777

• Jrue Holiday
https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/1660321506885353473?s=20

Jayson Tatum, on why Boston has been so successful on the road over the past couple of postseasons: “We’ve had no other choice.”

Boston is 12-6 on the road over the last two playoffs, and is 10-11 at home.

I don't know if I'm reading too much into this, but it's as close as you'll hear from a Cs player admitting they can play poorly at home because there's a good chance they'll win on the road. Like someone mentioned in this thread, the problem is they tend to win a lot of playoff series despite losing at home. So in addition to playing poorly, they are also enabling the behavior with their success at recovering from their lapses. Even if they lose, there's generally another game where they can recover. They haven't been punished as much as they should by their lackadaisical play.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 01:35:22 PM by Celtic_Pride777 »

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2023, 01:10:08 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998

Jayson Tatum, on why Boston has been so successful on the road over the past couple of postseasons: “We’ve had no other choice.”

I don't know if I'm reading too much into this, but it's as close as you'll hear from a Cs player admitting they can play poorly at home because there's a good chance they'll win on the road. Like someone mentioned in this thread, the problem is they tend to win a lot of playoff series despite losing at home. So in addition to playing poorly, they are also enabling the behavior with their success at recovering from their lapses. Even if they lose, there's generally another game where they can recover. They haven't been punished as much as they could by their lackadaisical play.

Tell em to explain last season NBA finals when they lost Game 2 and Game 5 at Golden State. Those were road games they shoulda capitalized!!!

Win your games at home and just win like one on the road to close out a series faster

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2023, 01:19:18 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
I feel bad for the fans who pay good money to watch this Jekyll-and-Hyde team at home lol, especially in losses where they come out flat and don't show up
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2023, 02:00:31 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
I feel bad for the fans who pay good money to watch this Jekyll-and-Hyde team at home lol, especially in losses where they come out flat and don't show up

The fans paid to see a bad product, needs backlash!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2023, 02:42:06 PM »

Offline Celtic_Pride777

• Jrue Holiday

Well, apparently, if fans want to see the Celtics play well and with purpose, all they need to do is purchase tickets and travel to see them play in another team's arena.

Unbelievable.

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2023, 04:20:10 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353

I don't know if I'm reading too much into this, but it's as close as you'll hear from a Cs player admitting they can play poorly at home because there's a good chance they'll win on the road. Like someone mentioned in this thread, the problem is they tend to win a lot of playoff series despite losing at home. So in addition to playing poorly, they are also enabling the behavior with their success at recovering from their lapses. Even if they lose, there's generally another game where they can recover. They haven't been punished as much as they should by their lackadaisical play.

I took it to mean they had no choice because they’ve played so poorly at home they needed to win on the road

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2023, 06:58:02 PM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
They play better on the road then at home because any organization,  team,  etc. takes on the identity of its leader.  In this case that is Marcus Smart.

His game isn't taking his offense to you,  rather it's taking you from yours.  He has the "don't back me in a corner cause I will come out swinging" attitude.

Well,  guess what guys,  you are all backed in a corner now.  Our,  maybe i should say a hole,  0-2 hole to be exact.

Well I'm from Missouri and we are also called " the Show Me" state and guess who else is from here. That's right,  Jason Tatum.

It's time to put up or shut up Celtics!