Author Topic: Heat (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) ECF Game #1 5/17/23  (Read 33364 times)

Re: Heat (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) ECF Game #1 5/17/23
« Reply #960 on: May 18, 2023, 05:19:28 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Anyone have the feeling we're kind of locked into a 7 game series now?  With game 7 being a crapshoot?

Losing Game 1 at home is such a kick in the nuts. 

Again...

But they somehow seem to find a way to win more 7 game series than they lose.  Which is no small accomplishment. 

Weirdest team ever.

No. I still think it's a 6 game series. I figured the Heat would steal a game or two so I'm not panicking. Taking a step back, they shot an absurd 52% from 3 and only beat us by 7.

Same.  I'm not terribly worried right now.  I think last night was a bit fluky.  I also expected MIA to win some games this series.

Celtics should still win this series but last night wasn’t fluky. That’s the scary part.
I don’t care what the heats record was this year or how bad their offense was in the regular season. They’re currently playing the best basketball they’ve played in a year and half.  Not a fluke.

Even so, they haven't been an elite 3 point shooting team in the playoffs either so 52% from 3 is a bit flukey. I don't see that being sustainable.

If you leave them open at the 3pt line all game it is more than sustainable.

Sadly this.

The Heat were 8-13 on "open" 3PA and 8-12 on "wide open" 3PA

0-6 on "tight" contested 3PA

What a crazy concept! 25 of their 31 were open/wide open. Maybe guard the line a little bit more in Game 2

https://twitter.com/stoolgreenie/status/1659204209584275456?s=46&t=lGU0TGXtwjkuVuoin6WTNw
The adjustment is fairly simple. Less lazy cheating off their shooters, don't double unless it's a trap in the corner or something easy, and stay attached. I think we got accustomed to a team where the ball movement could get bogged down in Philly.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #961 on: May 18, 2023, 05:35:10 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
Catching up on Game One's details now - why did Timelord only play 25 minutes?
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #962 on: May 18, 2023, 05:36:57 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1556
Like Roy...I am a bit nervous the Heat just will themselves to the series in 5 games.

Game two once again is a must. Lose that one and this is over in 5 or 6.

Miami don't have the talent. Willpower + talent is a special combination. Willpower without talent will only get you so far.

miami absolutely can beat us. they do not beat themselves like us and have superior coaching.

Miami is a 44-win team that lost the 7th seed to the Hawks in the play-in. I get that they're catching fire at the right time, but can we stop canonizing them as this unbeatable and unshakeable team?

If they were as consistent and good as so many posters here think they are, they're not an 8th seed.

keep thinking this is a cakewalk. i told you people this would be a war and now you see it. we crapped the bed once and will again most likely. they destroyed the bucks in 5 and knicks in 6. you had best take them serious i dont care what their regular season record was. sure did not help bucks now did it??
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #963 on: May 18, 2023, 05:38:27 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Another good question. There was no obvious injury or knock, and Timelord was dominating in the first quarter. He had a bunch of offensive rebounds and putbacks in the first quarter alone. Our two big lineup was cruising, getting interior looks at will.

And then, we barely see it for the remainder of the game. We didn't get struck by foul trouble, nobody got hurt, but he got benched nonetheless.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #964 on: May 18, 2023, 05:40:50 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
Another good question. There was no obvious injury or knock, and Timelord was dominating in the first quarter. He had a bunch of offensive rebounds and putbacks in the first quarter alone. Our two big lineup was cruising, getting interior looks at will.

And then, we barely see it for the remainder of the game. We didn't get struck by foul trouble, nobody got hurt, but he got benched nonetheless.

Good to hear that he's not injured (which is what I feared when I got to check the box score this morning), but puzzling. I'm not going to be able to follow most if any of the ECF live unfortunately.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #965 on: May 18, 2023, 05:46:43 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1556
Anyone have the feeling we're kind of locked into a 7 game series now?  With game 7 being a crapshoot?

Again...

But they somehow seem to find a way to win more 7 game series than they lose.  Which is no small accomplishment. 

Weirdest tea ever.

I'll be happy if it goes seven games after that performance.  The Celtics should be worried that it ends in five.

Did you feel the same when they lost to the Embiid less sixers? The doom and gloom is over the top...

so because we blew a game 1 again means everything is fine? and we will get same results? i hope so but this is a bad precedent and everybody knows it.  we are playing with fire. see finals last year when it finally bit us in the butt.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #966 on: May 18, 2023, 06:05:48 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365

Again...

Weirdest tea ever.

I'll be happy if it goes seven games after that performance.  The Celtics should be worried that it ends in five.

Did you feel the same when they lost to the Embiid less sixers? The doom and gloom is over the top...

so because we blew a game 1 again means everything is fine? and we will get same results? i hope so but this is a bad precedent and everybody knows it.  we are playing with fire. see finals last year when it finally bit us in the butt.

It's not good. But acting like the team will be lucky to lose in 5 because they lost game one is an overreaction as we've seen one game doesn't make a series.

All I'm saying is the whole "omg it's over!" Is as much of an overreaction as "everything is fine"

« Reply #967 on: May 18, 2023, 06:56:32 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!
Look, I'm frustrated too. There's quite a few flaws/inconsistencies with this team.

But you know what my take away is from catching up with reading most of the new comments on this thread today? Some people here seriously need to go out and take a walk lol. Get some fresh air. Enjoy the day, do some hobbies. We're all diehard C's fans but yikes some of you really let it affect your lives a bit too much  :P

I also get nervous and think about the team but it shouldn't be this bad. Maybe for a Game 7 since it's obviously a Game 7, but otherwise just chill lol
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #968 on: May 18, 2023, 07:46:42 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
Like Roy...I am a bit nervous the Heat just will themselves to the series in 5 games.

Game two once again is a must. Lose that one and this is over in 5 or 6.

Miami don't have the talent. Willpower + talent is a special combination. Willpower without talent will only get you so far.

miami absolutely can beat us. they do not beat themselves like us and have superior coaching.

Miami is a 44-win team that lost the 7th seed to the Hawks in the play-in. I get that they're catching fire at the right time, but can we stop canonizing them as this unbeatable and unshakeable team?

If they were as consistent and good as so many posters here think they are, they're not an 8th seed.

They had a mediocre regular season this year…who cares…same team was the #1 seed in the east last year and weren’t even playing as good as they are right now.