Author Topic: 2023 Draft Lottery  (Read 8055 times)

Re: 2023 Draft Lottery
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2023, 10:12:32 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
NBA want him in a big market so I say Chicago

Ouch, bad memories of the Patrick Ewing lottery!
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2023, 10:18:47 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Hope Victor likes barbeque because the best thing for the league would definitely be San Antonio, Dallas, or Houston.

I agree with keevsnick rooting for Portland go for Portland to cash in in Lillard for a boatload of picks. Find out what you have in Anfernee Simons and Shaedon Sharpe, maybe still sign Jerami Grant if he'll stick around so there is an adult in the room and keep Nurkic on the roster for when Wemby need's a break.

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2023, 10:21:26 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
I guess, there is a good question here. 

If the NBA were to rig the lottery, what would be the best scenario?

- Big market team in Chicago

- San Antonio (Duncan Redux)

- Portland (Rabid NBA market, get Dame help)

- Detroit (Restore the Pistons to glory)

- Other
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 10:37:38 AM by Donoghus »

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2023, 10:28:31 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174
Hope Victor likes barbeque because the best thing for the league would definitely be San Antonio, Dallas, or Houston.

I agree with keevsnick rooting for Portland go for Portland to cash in in Lillard for a boatload of picks. Find out what you have in Anfernee Simons and Shaedon Sharpe, maybe still sign Jerami Grant if he'll stick around so there is an adult in the room and keep Nurkic on the roster for when Wemby need's a break.

Best BBQ in the world:

https://www.citymarketluling.com/

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2023, 10:54:36 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298

- Other

I would think it would be Toronto, due to the French speaking connection. Something like that might ease his transition into the NBA.

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2023, 11:11:53 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar

- Other

I would think it would be Toronto, due to the French speaking connection. Something like that might ease his transition into the NBA.
Not a whole lot of Francophones in Toronto, though (although more than, say, Detroit), but it probably is the most European-feeling city in the league (outside of NYC, which I've heard argued for, but I think is massively cosmopolitan while still feeling very American.)
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2023, 12:31:12 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

- Other
the best scenario is for him to go to the celtics.

oh, you mean best for someone besides boston.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2023, 02:07:40 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

Portland would be really cool for Wemby. I expect Wemby to play PF to begin his career until he adds more weight similar to Evan Mobley in Cleveland so having Nurkic around at center would be useful for them.

A non-Lillard roster

G: A Simons
G: Sharpe
F: J Grant
F: Wemby
C: Nurkic

That would be a huge lineup. Downshift A Simons to PG to replace Lillard. Move Sharpe into the starting SG spot who has good size at SG. J Grant and Wemby would be huge forwards. A big bulky center. That would be a difficult lineup to play against.

A question mark for Simons and whether he can play PG but if he can it would be better for them because he struggles defensively with his lack of size / bulk at SG. He gets pushed around too easily. PG would be easier for him defensively. Another issue would be the lack of ball-handling and passing around him. Neither Sharpe or J Grant provide quality secondary playmaking. So a lot of playmaking responsibility on a PG who is only a makeshift PG. That might end up forcing them to keep Simons at SG and bring in a new PG to replace Lillard while bringing Sharpe off the bench.

That would be a pretty cool lineup with Lillard

G: Lillard

A dominant offensive guard to play alongside Wemby while he learns the NBA game. Quality 2nd and 3rd options offensively in Simons and J Grant. Wemby comes in to a low pressure environment and gets to grow gradually. Neither Simons or J Grant are good enough to get in the way of his development. Nice quickness and athleticism in the starting five. Good floor spacing, ball-handling and passing. Some defensive potential depending on how well Wemby adapts. Wemby and J Grant could give them two big long defensive forwards to go alongside their small backcourt similar to Aminu & Harkless when Portland made the WCF a few years ago. That is what they need to balance out that small backcourt.

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2023, 02:49:45 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Im hoping the Pacers or Spurs land the #1 as those are the two teams that I think will best fit Wembanyama. For the sake of the Cs 2nd round pick I want the Rockets to pick before the Spurs so I guess this is my favorite top of the lottery scenario.

1. Pacers     Wembanyama
 2. Rockets   Scoot
 3. Pistons    Miller
 4. Spurs      Amen T
 5. Hornets   Ausar T

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2023, 02:56:25 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420

Portland would be really cool for Wemby. I expect Wemby to play PF to begin his career until he adds more weight similar to Evan Mobley in Cleveland so having Nurkic around at center would be useful for them.

A non-Lillard roster

That would be a huge lineup. Downshift A Simons to PG to replace Lillard. Move Sharpe into the starting SG spot who has good size at SG. J Grant and Wemby would be huge forwards. A big bulky center. That would be a difficult lineup to play against.

A question mark for Simons and whether he can play PG but if he can it would be better for them because he struggles defensively with his lack of size / bulk at SG. He gets pushed around too easily. PG would be easier for him defensively. Another issue would be the lack of ball-handling and passing around him. Neither Sharpe or J Grant provide quality secondary playmaking. So a lot of playmaking responsibility on a PG who is only a makeshift PG. That might end up forcing them to keep Simons at SG and bring in a new PG to replace Lillard while bringing Sharpe off the bench.

A dominant offensive guard to play alongside Wemby while he learns the NBA game. Quality 2nd and 3rd options offensively in Simons and J Grant. Wemby comes in to a low pressure environment and gets to grow gradually. Neither Simons or J Grant are good enough to get in the way of his development. Nice quickness and athleticism in the starting five. Good floor spacing, ball-handling and passing. Some defensive potential depending on how well Wemby adapts. Wemby and J Grant could give them two big long defensive forwards to go alongside their small backcourt similar to Aminu & Harkless when Portland made the WCF a few years ago. That is what they need to balance out that small backcourt.

I feel the same way positionaly about Wemby that I did about Chet last draft. Who ever drafts him needs to give him freedom on offense and play him as a roaming rim protector ala Rob Williams on D. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2023, 05:16:55 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

A non-Lillard roster

I feel the same way positionaly about Wemby that I did about Chet last draft. Who ever drafts him needs to give him freedom on offense and play him as a roaming rim protector ala Rob Williams on D.
Absolutely agree. Pair him with someone who can take the grunt and muscle of the bigs, allow Wemby to float around. He is so much larger than Rob Williams, so his ability to recover to shooters should be better. And he's a much more fluid athlete. If a team allows him the freedom to play that kind of roaming safety role, his defensive stats will be outrageous
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2023, 06:10:16 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
Charlotte wins the lottery and then trades the first pick on draft night to the Celtics for Payton Pritchard and a couple of 2nd rounders.

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2023, 08:04:17 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Woj (twice) said VW may be the best prospect in the history of any sport, ever. 

Hype much?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2023, 08:26:19 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174
I knew it would be the Spurs!

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2023, 08:28:05 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
The Spurs get another generational big man first overall. I’m happy it wasn’t Ime or anywhere in the east.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler