Author Topic: Do you still believe  (Read 12653 times)

Re: Do you still believe
« Reply #195 on: May 13, 2023, 12:31:18 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Defense leads to Offense...Let's remember this.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #196 on: May 13, 2023, 03:52:02 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
Thinking Doc will start Niang or Melton over PJ Tucker to slow Timelord down. Wonder how will this play out

Might help them offensively. But downgrades their defense. Hopefully whomever has him on them attacks him.

« Reply #197 on: May 13, 2023, 04:05:52 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Danny Ainge at home watching tonight’s Celtics game…

Annnnd again for Game 7
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #198 on: May 14, 2023, 10:46:33 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
So...do we still believe we have a chance against the mighty Heat, coaching maestro Erik Spoelstra, the irresistible Jimmy Buckets and the indomitable Bam Bam Adebayo?

I still believe!  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #199 on: May 15, 2023, 06:39:49 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526
So...do we still believe we have a chance against the mighty Heat, coaching maestro Erik Spoelstra, the irresistible Jimmy Buckets and the indomitable Bam Bam Adebayo?

Please help me with my memory.  I know Rob missed 4 games in Bucks series last year and missed one v. Miami (I looked it up). What I can’t recall is Rob’s impact v. Miami.   I think his knee was not 100% and his game was off. 

My question is whether the Rob we have heading into this series is markedly different than the Rob heading into last year’s series after having missed the final 4 games v. the Bucks.

« Reply #200 on: May 15, 2023, 06:46:22 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Please help me with my memory.  I know Rob missed 4 games in Bucks series last year and missed one v. Miami (I looked it up). What I can’t recall is Rob’s impact v. Miami.   I think his knee was not 100% and his game was off. 

My question is whether the Rob we have heading into this series is markedly different than the Rob heading into last year’s series after having missed the final 4 games v. the Bucks.

Current Timelord is definitely better than the Timelord who rushed his return last year.  He just moves a lot better.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #201 on: May 15, 2023, 07:07:04 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
Rob should be very important against the heat. They are an undersized team.

If we play a 2 big lineup I would hope we dominate on the glass

« Reply #202 on: May 15, 2023, 07:27:02 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

I hope we play a 2 big lineup, because a) White has dropped off from his performance level earlier in the season. He's still solid but no longer irresistible; and b) Timelord is a legit gamechanger defensively. Philly couldn't buy a bucket the last couple of games, they didn't even get to 90 points. I know Joe is big on spacing and a five out offense, but I hope he's big on net rating too.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #203 on: May 15, 2023, 04:50:35 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I hope we play a 2 big lineup, because a) White has dropped off from his performance level earlier in the season. He's still solid but no longer irresistible; and b) Timelord is a legit gamechanger defensively. Philly couldn't buy a bucket the last couple of games, they didn't even get to 90 points. I know Joe is big on spacing and a five out offense, but I hope he's big on net rating too.
Miami have also been going big since Herro has been hurt, starting Love alongside Adebayo. I would love for them to keep starting Love so we can hunt him on defence
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #204 on: May 15, 2023, 06:42:43 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!

Current Timelord is definitely better than the Timelord who rushed his return last year.  He just moves a lot better.

Something else to factor about last year's ECF is that we didn't have Horford and Smart Game 1, which we lost. Fortunately we've been healthy throughout this postseason and it's been that way still.

Bam can dominate us when we're playing the likes of Kanter/Theis but Horford/Timelord give him fits, especially Timelord. Bam had two great games against us in the ECF last year, one of them was when Timelord was out and he put up 31/10/6. Other was Game 7. But he also didn't have the same defensive impact like he did in the Bubble year
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller