Author Topic: Thank You J’s  (Read 1430 times)

Thank You J’s
« on: May 14, 2023, 09:46:37 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
I feel like our players hear us at times.
So I want them to hear this:
 THANK YOU!!

Both Jayson and Jaylen acknowledged fan support after the big win today.

I feel so lucky that we have such classy humble guys to cheer for.
They are both awesome players and also seem like genuinely good and caring people.

They didn’t have to thank the fans today - but they did. It doesn’t get much better than this from a fan perspective, I think.

So Jayson, Jaylen, Marcus, Al, Rob and everyone else: Thank you for being a group that is so easy to cheer for and for being so good.

You have given myself and my family so many happy moments over the last 2 seasons. And we appreciate you very much.

Let’s Go Celtics!!! 😁😁😁

Re: Thank You J’s
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2023, 08:57:20 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2004
Not sure how this thread hasn't gotten more love.  Thank you Jays.  I have not had championship expectations up until this year - even last year I felt that JB and JT were still just a bit too young to lead the C's to a title.  I was almost wrong.

I'm grateful that we've been able to build an incredible team mostly from the draft.  To draft two All-Star wing players back to back is incredibly rare.

Shout out to JB for being incredible in the playoffs.  Against Philly he scored 23+ points in every game except for game 2.  Through the postseason so far he is shooting 54% from the field, 47% from 3, and is averaging close to 25 PPG.

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2023, 09:22:56 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 622
Cosign!

Nothing better than homegrown talent winning. I love you too Horford, White and Brogdon.

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2023, 01:47:05 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
What about Smartacus? Cornerstone for years already...

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2023, 07:44:54 AM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
2017: Eastern Conference Finals
2018: Eastern Conference Finals
2020: Eastern Conference Finals
2022: NBA Finals
2023: .......

Not sure its a dynasty, but at least this has been a competitive team with home-grown players for a long time. This kind of achievements should not be taken for granted. With this year it will be 5 ECF or better in the last 7 years.

Only one thing is missing, let's get it done...

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2023, 08:12:02 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
2017: Eastern Conference Finals
2018: Eastern Conference Finals
2020: Eastern Conference Finals
2022: NBA Finals
2023: .......

Not sure its a dynasty, but at least this has been a competitive team with home-grown players for a long time. This kind of achievements should not be taken for granted. With this year it will be 5 ECF or better in the last 7 years.

Only one thing is missing, let's get it done...
Even 2021 and 2019 are nothing to be gloss over - go look at a perennial contender like Duncan's Spurs (though we're not on that level yet), they lost in the first round as often as they won championships.

Usually NBA eras (save the 70's) have a couple of superstars trading rings back and forth - the 2010's iteration of that has been James and Curry - but the results are encouraging so far, and Banner 18 would be a nice end to the 'first era' of the J's
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2023, 10:10:56 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526
Less than an week ago, no one was talking about banner 18. 
Then came the 4th quarter (last 4 minutes) of G6, Jaylen’s call for fan energy, and the JT masterpiece featuring an astonishing 3rd quarter in G7.

Now as we await the ECF v. a team most see as beatable, there is renewed life and hope. 

I expect we’ll have the old rollercoaster in effect over the next week and a half but it feels a whole lot better today than it did last Wednesday morning.

And thanks to Jays for that!!!

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2023, 10:49:25 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
We have been very lucky to draft these two stars and surround them with a good supporting cast. I can't wait to see where these two are able to take us in the future, along with what is to come this year.  8)
#JKJB

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2023, 03:31:17 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I've seen many versions of the C's over the years and it just seems that this one is especially to be treasured.  I feel so fortunate. 

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2023, 04:24:08 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 249
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
cant take times like this for granted !!! I remember when Brandon bass was our 3rd best player and we had Jordan Crawford lol

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2023, 09:55:59 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
We've gotten so used to Jayson and Jaylen doing this that sometimes an expectation that they do this all the time...we get disappointed when they don't. But it is something special.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2023, 10:35:56 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
cant take times like this for granted !!! I remember when Brandon bass was our 3rd best player and we had Jordan Crawford lol
Jordan Crawford was the best player in the league one week ;D