1 (1.2%)
Heat in 5
1 (1.2%)
Heat in 6
5 (5.8%)
Heat in 7
2 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: Poll: Heat vs. Celtics Series Predictions  (Read 11248 times)

Re: Poll: Heat vs. Celtics Series Predictions
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2023, 10:47:28 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
I was trying to see who next season in the East would challenge Boston...

Bucks and Sixers will go backwards
Heat can't survive with roster. It is a nice little story now but you cannot sustain or win a title with that roster.
Knicks seem to be several pieces short
Maybe the Cavs?

There will be a lot of movement this summer. That makes it really hard to predict who will be there next year.

« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2023, 10:48:13 AM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132

Heat can't survive with roster. It is a nice little story now but you cannot sustain or win a title with that roster.
Maybe the Cavs?

I think the last thing we can do is expect normality in the NBA. Anything can happen. Embiid could be a Knick next year, Jaylen could be on the hawks. Heck, Dame could be on the 6ers. You just never know what's going to happen in the NBA, and that's one of the things that makes this league so dang entertaining.

« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2023, 10:51:21 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
Only way Miami wins is if boston helps them. They are bad match up for the Heat

LOL  boston helps teams every single round dating back years with this core. expect it again. you will be pulling your hair out yet again. watch and see.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2023, 10:54:52 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

LOL  boston helps teams every single round dating back years with this core. expect it again. you will be pulling your hair out yet again. watch and see.

I've just accepted that that's how they roll so I don't even get that upset anymore when it happens  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2023, 10:55:06 AM »

• Dennis Johnson

Maybe the Cavs?

There will be a lot of movement this summer. That makes it really hard to predict who will be there next year.

SAS was screaming to trade julius randle after the heat took them out. LOLOLOL.

if we are going to play fantasies id love to bring in joker or doncic also. problem is you may have nobody left to play with them it would cost so much.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2023, 11:04:29 AM »

Offline 0003323344

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
Celtics in 5. I think JT and JB have finally learned what it takes to win a championship.

« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2023, 11:07:18 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be
Let's see if I can make it back to back correct series predictions.

Celtics in 6.  They'll have a hiccup or two but I expect a series with less struggles than Philly. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2023, 11:12:07 AM »

• Dennis Johnson

I've just accepted that that's how they roll so I don't even get that upset anymore when it happens  :police:

that is me now. I fully expect major meltdowns and blown leads and blown games. i fully expect this to go 7.

expect worst and hope for the best. it is best for your mental health watching this team. you get it.  :)
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2023, 11:23:34 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Celtics in 7. Too much respect for Butler and Spo.

« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2023, 12:15:54 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
We have 2 of the top 3 players in this matchup and the players behind them are not even close to the same league.
This got me thinking, after the top 2 players on either team, do the Celtics have the next best 2-5 players?

So Miami's next best player with Herro out is probably Gabe Vincent. Maybe Caleb Martin. Lowry? Then what, Kevin Love? Duncan Robinson. Oh Max Strus. I am going to go with Caleb Martin as their 3rd best player.

Well, Smart is better than Caleb Martin. D White is better than C Martin. Brogdon is better than C Martin. Horford is better than C Martin. Timelord is better than C Martin. That is 5 players BOS that is better than Caleb Martin.

Boston has 7 of the top 9 players in this series.

They have 2 of the top 3 and 7 of the top 9.
This should not even be a series.

« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2023, 12:26:10 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
We have 2 of the top 3 players in this matchup and the players behind them are not even close to the same league.
This got me thinking, after the top 2 players on either team, do the Celtics have the next best 2-5 players?

So Miami's next best player with Herro out is probably Gabe Vincent. Maybe Caleb Martin. Lowry? Then what, Kevin Love? Duncan Robinson. Oh Max Strus. I am going to go with Caleb Martin as their 3rd best player.

Well, Smart is better than Caleb Martin. D White is better than C Martin. Brogdon is better than C Martin. Horford is better than C Martin. Timelord is better than C Martin. That is 5 players BOS that is better than Caleb Martin.

Boston has 7 of the top 9 players in this series.

They have 2 of the top 3 and 7 of the top 9.
This should not even be a series.

Yeah.  After Butler and Adebayo, the rest of the Heat may not be any better than Grant or Hauser.  Lowry if healthy is better, in the Smart, White, Brogdon range but not sure that is the Lowry we will see.   Heat won’t make it easy though.

« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2023, 12:26:42 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
I wanna change my heart prediction from C's in 5 to C's in 7. They'll give games away to Miami like the last two rounds.  ;)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2023, 01:01:18 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Pure talent wise I think the C's should win this in 5. Jimmy Butler and/or Spo are good enough to steal a game. But we all know by now the C's will screw around once this series and just give MIA a game, because they've done it every series the last two years (except Brk).

So Jimmy/Spo take one, Celtics fumble another, the question then becomes does some Heat role player(s) have a crazy game and the Heat win one with a 50% from three type shooting performance? Maybe, but i'll go C's in 6.

« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2023, 01:28:12 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Pure talent wise I think the C's should win this in 5. Jimmy Butler and/or Spo are good enough to steal a game. But we all know by now the C's will screw around once this series and just give MIA a game, because they've done it every series the last two years (except Brk).

So Jimmy/Spo take one, Celtics fumble another, the question then becomes does some Heat role player(s) have a crazy game and the Heat win one with a 50% from three type shooting performance? Maybe, but i'll go C's in 6.

Max Strus
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2023, 01:43:10 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868

Max Strus

Is Strus better than Hauser?  How much better?  If Strus was on the Celtics, where would he be on the depth chart?  Ahead of Grant?