1 (1.2%)
Heat in 5
1 (1.2%)
Heat in 6
5 (5.8%)
Heat in 7
2 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: Poll: Heat vs. Celtics Series Predictions  (Read 11246 times)

Re: Poll: Heat vs. Celtics Series Predictions
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2023, 07:18:00 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
The C’s didn’t even beat ATL in 5, come on guys. I think they’ll finally be locked in because they actually respect Miami. Spo is the best coach in the league. I say C’s in 7. I hope they surprise me. It feels like Tatum has finally been unlocked mentally  :)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 07:30:36 PM by CelticSooner »

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2023, 07:19:23 PM »

Online cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365
surprised how negative everyone on this board is. Heat in 5 or 6 really? ::) and max strus/gabe vincent will have jordan nights to torch us?

the celtics have a better roster than last year and are much deeper.

on the other end, this Heat roster is not as good as last year without Herro (their 2nd leading scorer). there isn't really anyone on this team that scares you.

However, Jimmy will have some games he just takes over and Spoelstra will outcoach Joe. so they'll grab a couple. I say celtics in 6...but could go 7 like last year.

They are still an 8th seed for a reason.

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2023, 07:20:19 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
I am too superstitious to make flat out predictions. But I will say that the Heat are a hard team to peg. I don’t think beating them will Knicks says all that much about the Heat.  I don’t want to take the heat for granted, but I feel the Celtics are clearly better team.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 07:38:39 PM by Vermont Green »

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2023, 07:24:19 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
My mind tells me it will be a tough series, but I feel like something within the Celtics woke up.  I’m going with an easy series with the Heat taking just one game.  Celtics in 5.

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2023, 07:25:13 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Has Butler had to guard anyone yet in the playoffs?

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2023, 07:28:23 PM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
Jayson Tatum was Kobe-esque since Game 6.
He is peaking at the right time.
Composure and fortitude have been with the Celtics since the series-tying game.

I like our chances against the Heat at this point. I would pick otherwise if we met them in the first round.

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2023, 07:39:54 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
surprised how negative everyone on this board is. Heat in 5 or 6 really? ::) and max strus/gabe vincent will have jordan nights to torch us?

the celtics have a better roster than last year and are much deeper.

on the other end, this Heat roster is not as good as last year without Herro (their 2nd leading scorer). there isn't really anyone on this team that scares you.

However, Jimmy will have some games he just takes over and Spoelstra will outcoach Joe. so they'll grab a couple. I say celtics in 6...but could go 7 like last year.

They are still an 8th seed for a reason.

You know it's true, it's always some no-name players pulling jordan nights on us out of nowhere. True that they're the 8th seed but they also beat the Bucks and Knicks who both had the higher seeds.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2023, 07:43:53 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Celtics should win in 4 or 5 but they struggle to put teams away so I went with C's in 6.

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2023, 07:44:42 PM »

Online cman88

• Rajon Rondo
I am too superstitious to make flat out predictions. But I will say that the Heat are a hard team to peg. I don’t think beating. The Knicks says all that much about the Heat.  I don’t want to take the heat for granted, but I feel the Celtics RA clearly better team.

You look at the Heats roster and nothing really sticks out at you. I mean they were an 8th seed for a reason. But they are very well coached and Jimmy never gives up and can have games where he is just unstoppable. You cant really let your guard down against this team. Bucks did and found out.

BUT on Paper, celtics are a much deeper team. and defensively should match up well with them. Just need to figure out a way to play/beat the zone defense that they play. I feel alot better about the matchup with Herro out.

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2023, 07:51:30 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
I would like to say C's in 5 because even tho the c's are the better team Jimmy is good enough just to win a game on his own. But in addition to that win the c's  will absolutely give away at least one game, probably at home, in a horrifying fashion because that's what they do.

So C's in 6.

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2023, 08:01:47 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
I am too superstitious to make flat out predictions. But I will say that the Heat are a hard team to peg. I don’t think beating. The Knicks says all that much about the Heat.  I don’t want to take the heat for granted, but I feel the Celtics RA clearly better team.

You look at the Heats roster and nothing really sticks out at you. I mean they were an 8th seed for a reason. But they are very well coached and Jimmy never gives up and can have games where he is just unstoppable. You cant really let your guard down against this team. Bucks did and found out.

BUT on Paper, celtics are a much deeper team. and defensively should match up well with them. Just need to figure out a way to play/beat the zone defense that they play. I feel alot better about the matchup with Herro out.

The Heat do look tougher with Herro out. Small guard who hurts their defense and doesn't rebound. They are bigger & scrappier without him.

Herro's loss on offense hurts but they've made a large chunk of that back with tougher defense & rebounding. Or an offensive substitution with Duncan Robinson who while not as dynamic as Herro is, is still a quality offensive threat.

It's been pretty darning that Miami haven't missed Herro more. Darning for Herro I mean. He really doesn't move the line much for his team despite his high offensive skill-level ... mostly because he gives so much of that back on the other end of the floor with his lousy D and rebounding.

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2023, 08:02:38 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Celtics in 5 or 6

It’s about to hit midnight for the heat

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2023, 08:06:57 PM »

Online cman88

• Rajon Rondo

The Heat do look tougher with Herro out. Small guard who hurts their defense and doesn't rebound. They are bigger & scrappier without him.

Herro's loss on offense hurts but they've made a large chunk of that back with tougher defense & rebounding. Or an offensive substitution with Duncan Robinson who while not as dynamic as Herro is, is still a quality offensive threat.

It's been pretty darning that Miami haven't missed Herro more. Darning for Herro I mean. He really doesn't move the line much for his team despite his high offensive skill-level ... mostly because he gives so much of that back on the other end of the floor with his lousy D and rebounding.

maybe so, but Herro has Always torched the celtics. I would be scared of him if he was playing in this series. I feel much better with him out.

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2023, 08:07:57 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
The Heat are the 8th seed playing without Herro.

Celts beat themselves twice, and the Heat four times.

Haha, yep, that's how I see it too.

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2023, 08:10:30 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Should win in 5, will win in 6. Lowry will pull something out of his rear, as will Butler, but we are much better than them
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)