Author Topic: How to watch game seven in Europe?  (Read 1158 times)

How to watch game seven in Europe?
« on: May 13, 2023, 06:57:01 AM »

Offline smicker16

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 14
A big lurker here and asking for advice on if people know the best ways to watch game seven over in Europe. I’ll be in Switzerland for work and happy to find options to pay to watch but would prefer to watch in my hotel as opposed to out at a bar. Luckily the timing works out well.

Does anyone abroad have experience with specific sites like Fubo TV or YouTube TV to watch? I do have ESPN+ in case that is an option people think would work too. Will have my laptop with me so will likely use that to hook up to the TV so doesn’t need to be an app on the TV or anything.

Thank you and hope it’s okay in the rules to ask something like this!

Re: How to watch game seven in Europe?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2023, 07:02:21 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
best option is to buy NBA LP
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2023, 07:46:59 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
League pass doesn’t live stream the playoffs - as far as I’m aware.

Since you’re asking, I assume you have a cable subscription in the US? The easiest method for you would probably be a VPN routing to the States, since your existing login details (cable subscription et Al) should still work.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2023, 07:51:32 AM »

Offline smicker16

• Xavier Tillman

Since you’re asking, I assume you have a cable subscription in the US? The easiest method for you would probably be a VPN routing to the States, since your existing login details (cable subscription et Al) should still work.

Yes I do have US subscription so that is definitely a good idea!

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2023, 09:46:56 AM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73

That is incorrect, I watched the game live on League Pass last Sunday.

A big lurker here and asking for advice on if people know the best ways to watch game seven over in Europe. I’ll be in Switzerland for work and happy to find options to pay to watch but would prefer to watch in my hotel as opposed to out at a bar. Luckily the timing works out well.

Does anyone abroad have experience with specific sites like Fubo TV or YouTube TV to watch? I do have ESPN+ in case that is an option people think would work too. Will have my laptop with me so will likely use that to hook up to the TV so doesn’t need to be an app on the TV or anything.

League Pass is around 14€ a month where I'm from (Slovenia, it's quite close to Switzerland). Trust me that this is the best and most reliable option I've found and I've been watching C's games for 15 years now. It just sucks to be an NBA fan in Europe.

And before anybody points out, I know it's more economical to buy a yearly pass, but lately I find no enjoyment from watching the regular season, so I just buy it for the playoffs.

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2023, 10:13:16 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

That is incorrect, I watched the game live on League Pass last Sunday.

League Pass is around 14€ a month where I'm from (Slovenia, it's quite close to Switzerland). Trust me that this is the best and most reliable option I've found and I've been watching C's games for 15 years now. It just sucks to be an NBA fan in Europe.

And before anybody points out, I know it's more economical to buy a yearly pass, but lately I find no enjoyment from watching the regular season, so I just buy it for the playoffs.
I'm in the US but I totally agree about not paying to watch the regular season.  Regular season just isn't enjoyable basketball. 

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2023, 10:19:18 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
League Pass definitely works. A friend of mine traveled to South Korea last week and he was watching the Cs lose to the Sixers in Game 4 using it (and texting me curses along the way).

Smicker you could buy single games during the regular season not sure about the playoffs but I would check their website.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2023, 11:18:32 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
That's good to know about League Pass - last time I looked into it (5-6 years ago? based in the UK) that wasn't the case.

It just sucks to be an NBA fan in Europe.

Yeah, but the American Sports Apparel people watching is so much funnier, saw someone wearing a Celtics jacket with a Yankees hat a couple weeks ago, you don't get that in the US  ;D
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2023, 01:19:24 PM »

Offline smicker16

• Xavier Tillman
Appreciate all the responses! Good to have a couple options in case. TP to you all.

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2023, 03:02:46 PM »

Offline soulman

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 21
I watch it on Arena Sport, Tv channel in Serbia, where i am from. It will start at 21:30 European time. I Can't wait for it. We have be locked out on defanse in order to win.

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2023, 11:36:49 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
Appreciate all the responses! Good to have a couple options in case. TP to you all.

Hope it was worth the watch, whichever option you took  :police:

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2023, 12:52:02 AM »

Offline smicker16

• Xavier Tillman

League Pass worked out and definitely worth it!

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2023, 02:34:36 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White

TP for being able to enjoy the game  :police:

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2023, 04:43:16 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen

This is really good to know - I'm buried with work at present but if we make it to the Finals I'll have to go for it. Thanks for the reply!