Author Topic: Bring the energy on Sunday!!  (Read 2925 times)

Re: Bring the energy on Sunday!!
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2023, 07:09:24 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
I'll be bringing the energy from my desk at home! Pineapple fanta probably with me as well  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2023, 01:36:40 AM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1997
I have no issue with Jaylen's call out because it's true.  TD Garden has been weak AF in comparison to past playoffs.  It may because we've been terrible at home in the playoffs since last season, but at the same time the same level of energy and passion has been absent, especially this year from my personal observation.  The players have to bring it of course, but Boston is notorious for its passionate fan base and they need to deliver in game 7.  No excuses from our players, no excuses from the fans.

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2023, 01:41:26 AM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
I'll be bringing the energy from my desk at home! Pineapple fanta probably with me as well  :P

I am bringing the energy from Orange County ca.  I am pretty sure most of my neighbors heard me screaming last night.  And since JB has asked for it I probably need to crank it up.

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2023, 02:47:03 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
After what happened to the Bruins..it seems like a Game 7 on the road is what this team needs and not at home..what the heck is goin on at the TD Garden...if you look back at G5 the Cs generated a ton of good to open looks on their 3s but just were missing particularly Horford and Tatum. Its very hard to bring all the energy up if you keep missing shots..they need to sink their threes and hold their defenses up.

I sure hope this G7 will be rockin and the basketball gods finally would smile on the home team.

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2023, 09:11:15 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I ll be booing the refs as usual .   :P

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2023, 09:18:45 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
Hoping that the very real prospect of the Lakers taking #18 - snatching it away in a season that the Cs were supposed to be contenders and the Lakers weren’t - is motivating the heck out of each Celtic.  If the current Cs have any historical perspective they are waking up every morning seething with the burning passion of a thousand suns. 

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2023, 09:18:34 AM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
This was tweeted by Zarren who dont tweet a lot but usually before lakers games

Leaving G5, I said to our section "We have to be WAY louder for Game 7!" Dunno why, but agree with @FCHWPO that we haven't seen the Garden (rated #1 in the league by NBA players!) at its best these playoffs. Past doesn't matter tho - we all know it'll be ROCKING tmrw!☘️💪

Lets go today!!!!

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2023, 02:07:08 PM »

Offline terra haute

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 18
One other thing, and I'm not sure if it plays into it:  a lot of fans can't afford tickets to games, particularly in the playoffs.  Do wealthy fans cheer less loudly / consistently than less wealthy fans?  I have no idea.

OT but seeing your Hoosiers pics did you know that Merle Webb, Kent Poole real name, committed suicide some years ago? Sad story . He played in the Indiana State finals and lost to Gary Roosevelt who lost to Scott Skiles 39 points in the finals that night. Which is actually probably close next to Milan ( Hickories) small school upset.    I agree with you on the fans too I think that is a factor to a degree in the noise.

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2023, 02:34:29 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2023, 08:37:23 AM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
Yeeeesssshhh!

Anybody been there yesterday? I guess it was LOUD and Tatum and Brown both said in their postgame presser that it was a great atmosphere.

From The Netherlands I cheered hard and loud and as it was an evening game for us, I woke up my lil kids a couple of times, wife not too happy about that.

On to Miami.... after we take a 2-0 lead after 2 great TD Garden games, lets go!