Author Topic: Bring the energy on Sunday!!  (Read 2956 times)

Re: Bring the energy on Sunday!!
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2023, 10:52:42 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
The crowd ain't alive because this team plays like dog crap and with no energy that's why.

You score well and pass the ball well and then you get the crowd to wow and be amazed.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2023, 10:57:20 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Give me this crowd, but a different outcome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hYwnUm3CSg

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2023, 11:12:42 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1676
Jaylen's quote:

"Celtics fans, y'all love to call us out, right? So, I'm gonna call you guys out this time," Brown said during his postgame press conference. "The energy at the Garden has been OK at best all playoffs.

" ... I need you to come with the energy, because we're gonna need every bit of it. No excuses. We need everybody. So, I'm calling you guys out. Let's make sure the Garden is ready to go."

In light of the team's play, I'm not sure calling out the crowd is fair.  1-3 at home over the last four, and they gave up 115+ in those three losses.

We don't care about their excuses when they have a bad day.  So the reverse should also hold true, and the callout is fair IMO. 

All playoffs long, media and rival fans have talked about how lifeless the Boston crowd is.  We should take that personally.  For the sake of pride, if not a genuine desire to support our players.

Is it an "excuse" if the fans don't passionately cheer when the team is just going through the motions, and the coach is actively working against us?  I see that more as a natural consequence.

Sure it is.  I've seen the crowd screaming "Let's go Celtics" as Lebron blows them out by 30 on their home court in previous years' playoffs.  That has happened multiple times, in fact - for a team with championship aspirations, as well as a team that was just happy to be there.  What's the difference?  Why not hold the crowd to that standard in the playoffs? 

Maybe casual Celtics fans just respect Lebron as an opponent more than the Sixers.  I don't know.  But the way I see it, the crowd has a job to do in the playoffs.  That place should be terrifying to the Sixers on Sunday.  If it's not, that's a problem. 

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2023, 11:12:52 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
The home advantage is a two way street .  If the team comes in to do battle and fight like dogs and play defense like they want it , then the crowd will feel the vib and response . If they come in and allow Philly to run over them in their gym. , then yeah , then crowd is turned off .  I think long as they are playing in a playoff aggressive manor , the.home crowd has their backs all the way. Joe needs to act like something more than freakin WAX dummy . This is not golf Joe , get in the game.  >:(

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2023, 11:25:02 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Give me this crowd, but a different outcome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hYwnUm3CSg

Well, that's triggering.  A game I flew back for & would like to forget.   :P

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2023, 11:43:13 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I don't really have a problem with Jaylen asking for our energy. Kind of an acknowledgement of how little room for error there is. 
#JKJB

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2023, 11:46:30 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Jaylen's quote:

"Celtics fans, y'all love to call us out, right? So, I'm gonna call you guys out this time," Brown said during his postgame press conference. "The energy at the Garden has been OK at best all playoffs.

" ... I need you to come with the energy, because we're gonna need every bit of it. No excuses. We need everybody. So, I'm calling you guys out. Let's make sure the Garden is ready to go."

In light of the team's play, I'm not sure calling out the crowd is fair.  1-3 at home over the last four, and they gave up 115+ in those three losses.

Meh, Brown was being playful and giving the Boston crowd a challenge (with a bit of truth mixed in). No need to overanalyze this.

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2023, 11:51:15 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
Jaylen's quote:

Meh, Brown was being playful and giving the Boston crowd a challenge (with a bit of truth mixed in). No need to overanalyze this.

This.

But if I am going to overanalyze...I think it's a great sign that Jaylen is engaging the crowd like that. It shows that he still cares about the Boston fans. Good sign for his deciding to stay here. Oh, and that Supermax might help...

Mike

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2023, 11:52:09 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Jaylen's quote:

Then this board wouldn't exist.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2023, 12:05:24 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
Jaylen's quote:

Then this board wouldn't exist.

You mean I'd have to deal with real life? Forget it, overanalyze away!

Mike

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2023, 12:20:59 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
The home advantage is a two way street .  If the team comes in to do battle and fight like dogs and play defense like they want it , then the crowd will feel the vib and response . If they come in and allow Philly to run over them in their gym. , then yeah , then crowd is turned off .  I think long as they are playing in a playoff aggressive manor , the.home crowd has their backs all the way. Joe needs to act like something more than freakin WAX dummy . This is not golf Joe , get in the game.  >:(

we all know what fred sanford would call joe blow

"YOU BIG DUMMY"

;)
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2023, 02:19:06 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2405
Jaylen's quote:

Yeah, Jaylen was just being playful and engaging but I don't think it comes across well. Not a good idea for multi-million celebrities to be criticizing / insulting the fans that pay their huge wages.

Doesn't matter much but he should avoid that in the future. Word it better. Just tell fans we need you on Gm 7 and to bring the noise. Leave out the criticism.

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2023, 03:12:27 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
The crowd ain't alive because this team plays like dog crap and with no energy that's why.

You score well and pass the ball well and then you get the crowd to wow and be amazed.

The team ain't alive because this crowd is like dog crap and with no energy that's why.

You yell loud and cheer loud and then you get the team to score well and pass the ball well.

Mostly tongue-in-cheek, but also... it's Game 7. If you're in that building, you shouldn't be loud the entire game. You shouldn't just slouch in your seat and not cheer if the Celtics start slow and are down 5
I'm bitter.

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2023, 04:49:57 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
I love Jaylen for this. I’ll be there, and I’ll be loud. Let’s go Celtics!
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2023, 05:21:19 PM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72
Jaylen's quote:

We don't care about their excuses when they have a bad day.  So the reverse should also hold true, and the callout is fair IMO. 

All playoffs long, media and rival fans have talked about how lifeless the Boston crowd is.  We should take that personally.  For the sake of pride, if not a genuine desire to support our players.

Is it an "excuse" if the fans don't passionately cheer when the team is just going through the motions, and the coach is actively working against us?  I see that more as a natural consequence.

I tend to lean this way. 

Seems like the crowd is lethargic with "how" they play.  If they're trailing and/or missing shots BUT still bringing the energy and effort the crowd seems to support.  But when they're sleepwalking and continue to make the same mistakes over and over (endless ISOs, jacking up 3's, ball watching, unforced TOs, no D) it seems the crowd just loses energy.

The less talented, overmatched teams of the Isaiah Thomas-led playoff runs consistently brought the energy, effort and toughness and always seemed to have an electric crowd.  The sense of "Celtics Pride" on those teams seemed evident.  While this team shows it in spurts, they are inconsistent on the "grit and balls" (shoutout KG) scale.

Nevertheless, JB called us out.  We have to bring the energy and hope they reciprocate.