Author Topic: Trayce Jackson Davis  (Read 11807 times)

Re: Trayce Jackson Davis
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2023, 11:19:10 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I think I prefer Kobe Brown to Davis.

I'm a fan of both Brown and TJD. If both are on the board I would go with TJD as the safer pick who has the best chance of earning a role on this team. His rim protection, mobility and passing should allow him to fit the Cs style of play. While his draft age will likely limit his ceiling his extreme college production (Tim Duncan level stats) and NBA lineage ( Dale Davis' son) leave me confident that he will have a floor similar to that of Xavier Tillman. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2023, 11:22:22 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I absolutely think he could be a budget Horford replacement type. I’m super high on his skill set as an undersized 5 - great defender, good passer, rebounds well, and has a nice scoring game.

I hope we select him the most out of any of those high 2nds

We might have to move up to get him. I want him and Zach Edey. Am i asking for too much.

Timelord Edey
Horford Trayce Jackson
Tatum Gallo
Brown Brogdon
Smart White

Thats a championship roster. One more wing defender and its a wrap.
Am I missing something?  I thought we only had one pick this draft.
We do only have one pick. Some mock draft sites have been erroneously giving us multiple slots on occasion. We will only have the one early 2nd rounder (barring trades)

Barring trades is the caveat here.  We know how easy picks are sold, especially down at the end of the first round.  If someone is there, I could see Brad dealing.  Wonder if this is where PP is dealt?
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2023, 11:24:35 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
I absolutely think he could be a budget Horford replacement type. I’m super high on his skill set as an undersized 5 - great defender, good passer, rebounds well, and has a nice scoring game.

We might have to move up to get him. I want him and Zach Edey. Am i asking for too much.

Timelord Edey
Horford Trayce Jackson
Tatum Gallo
Brown Brogdon
Smart White

We do only have one pick. Some mock draft sites have been erroneously giving us multiple slots on occasion. We will only have the one early 2nd rounder (barring trades)

Barring trades is the caveat here.  We know how easy picks are sold, especially down at the end of the first round.  If someone is there, I could see Brad dealing.

I think picks will become more expensive with the new CBA.  Especially second-rounders, who now have a separate exemption carved out for them for salaries that didn’t exist before.  Accordingly, I would temper your expectations of a trade.

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2023, 04:56:16 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Timelord Edey
Horford Trayce Jackson
Tatum Gallo
Brown Brogdon
Smart White

Barring trades is the caveat here.  We know how easy picks are sold, especially down at the end of the first round.  If someone is there, I could see Brad dealing.  Wonder if this is where PP is dealt?
I think 2nd rounders are increasing in value, to add to what C2021 said. Teams seem to be more eager to keep them and punt on a draft & stash than sell them
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2023, 02:23:46 AM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Jackson-Davis so far looks like an enormous steal for the Warriors.

He just had a great game against the Wizards. Off the bench Jackson-Davis put up 10 points, 15 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 block & 71.4 % from the field.
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2023, 11:20:39 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

He just had a great game against the Wizards. Off the bench Jackson-Davis put up 10 points, 15 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 block & 71.4 % from the field.

I'm still irritated we didn't take him.  I think trading our second 2nd to Atlanta was a mistake.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2024, 01:32:24 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420

I'm still irritated we didn't take him.  I think trading our second 2nd to Atlanta was a mistake.

TJD looks to be joining Xavier Tillman (despite a down start to this season) as the two attainable bigs who I feel the Cs have missed out on as Horford understudy's.

The next guy I fear will join this club is Adem Bona of UCLA. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2024, 03:16:20 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Coming out of Indiana I thought he looked similar to Brandon Clarke, who was a very useful player before his injury.  Didn't understand how TJD nearly went undrafted.