Author Topic: Celtics (1-1) at 76ers (1-1) Round 2 Game #3 5/4/23  (Read 31956 times)

Re: Celtics (1-1) at 76ers (1-1) Round 2 Game #3 5/4/23
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2023, 10:10:28 AM »

Online Yuckabuck33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 171
Scott "the fixer" Foster tonight. I gotta bad feeling about this."

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2023, 10:22:17 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237

I feel they’re gonna try and make this go 7 games. We need to really play well to overcome whatever shenanigans Foster and Co come up with.

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2023, 10:29:12 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867

I don't really follow the referee assignment, there could be something to this, but I don't bother with it.  I believe though that Foster's official nickname is "The Extender".

Foster, nicknamed "The Extender", is one of the most recognizable ones across the league. He has 28 years of experience.

There was a bunch of this talk when we was one of the Refs for Game 7 last season vs. MIA, which we won of course.  At that time, the following was reported:

The C's won Game 4 against the Heat, as well as Game 4 against the Brooklyn Nets in the first round, when Foster was among the referees. Foster also was one of the officials when the Celtics defeated the Toronto Raptors in Game 7 of the second round inside the 2020 Florida bubble.

I like the Celtics chances no matter who the officials are.  If they do what they need to do, they will be fine.

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2023, 10:29:56 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

Oh man. Hopefully he's not there to halt our momentum.

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2023, 10:37:31 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

I don't really follow the referee assignment, there could be something to this, but I don't bother with it.  I believe though that Foster's official nickname is "The Extender".

Foster, nicknamed "The Extender", is one of the most recognizable ones across the league. He has 28 years of experience.

There was a bunch of this talk when we was one of the Refs for Game 7 last season vs. MIA, which we won of course.  At that time, the following was reported:

The C's won Game 4 against the Heat, as well as Game 4 against the Brooklyn Nets in the first round, when Foster was among the referees. Foster also was one of the officials when the Celtics defeated the Toronto Raptors in Game 7 of the second round inside the 2020 Florida bubble.

I like the Celtics chances no matter who the officials are.  If they do what they need to do, they will be fine.

We can absolutely still win even if the league is working against us. It's not as bad as it was 20 years ago. In the post-Donaghy/Youtube era there is a lot more scrutiny now and they need to be more subtle about extending series, helping the Lakers etc.

The players need to stay composed if there are fishy calls. With Embiid banged up, a few shaved points shouldn't be the difference - IF we stay composed. Bad calls can lead to big shifts of momentum if you let them. Gotta keep focused, build a ref-proof lead, and block it out.

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2023, 10:39:54 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867

We can absolutely still win even if the league is working against us. It's not as bad as it was 20 years ago. In the post-Donaghy/Youtube era there is a lot more scrutiny now and they need to be more subtle about it.

The players need to stay composed if there are fishy calls. With Embiid banged up, a few shaved points shouldn't be the difference - IF we stay composed. Bad calls can lead to big shifts of momentum if you let them. Gotta keep focused, build a ref-proof lead, and block it out.

Yes, to me that is what is important.  Don't let the Refs take you out of what you need to do.  Embiid and Harden are going to get all the calls no matter who the Refs are.

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2023, 11:57:24 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
Got foster tonight.

Embiid going to the line 20 times
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2023, 11:59:56 AM »

Online Yuckabuck33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 171

We can absolutely still win even if the league is working against us. It's not as bad as it was 20 years ago. In the post-Donaghy/Youtube era there is a lot more scrutiny now and they need to be more subtle about extending series, helping the Lakers etc.

Exactly! The refs only determine the final outcome if we let them. However, I think the league wants to protect the new MVPs reputation and will not be very favorable to the Cs, especially in front of Phiily fans who paid to watch.

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2023, 12:02:54 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537
I would have expected Foster if we were down 0-2. Maybe the NBA was expecting us to be up 2-0.

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2023, 04:20:20 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
we are at least getting a split in philly? right? right?

handicappers are telling me lay money on us. moneyline is cheap. -140  and spread is like -2. 5 @ -110 odds.  great odds to steal a win. our home moneyline is crazy like -800. need to get a cheap win on road.

i am considering doing a two game system. if we lose first double down on next game in philly

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2023, 04:23:43 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
Excited for tonight. Want to see 48 minutes of intense, aggressive, smart basketball.  Show us Celtics! 

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2023, 04:39:52 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
we are at least getting a split in philly? right? right?

handicappers are telling me lay money on us. moneyline is cheap. -140  and spread is like -2. 5 @ -110 odds.  great odds to steal a win. our home moneyline is crazy like -800. need to get a cheap win on road.

i am considering doing a two game system. if we lose first double down on next game in philly

I think the C's will win tonight.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2023, 06:13:26 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Celtics 113
Sixers 105

Tatum bounces back and has a takeover game scoring 36 points. White has a great game with 20+ points, and I predict Horford bounces back and has some big buckets in the 2nd half to help us win. Speaking of Horford, did people see his exchange with the media today? I think Horford will want to prove some of the doubters wrong tonight and he'll shoot well. It also feels he's very due for a productive night, including with the scoring.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2023, 06:46:39 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Horford's gonna go on a 3 point shooting spree tonight. He's due.

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2023, 07:09:16 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Really need game 3. Puts all pressure on Philly