Author Topic: Fire Joe! ... or critique Joe ... or defend Joe... or worry about Joe's coaching  (Read 167993 times)

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
We don't have a Fire Joe Mazzula thread. I think last year we had a fire Ime thread. I'll be happy to take the hit on this and start one cuz I'm fed up already after this entire season.

This one is very justified. Please, vent away and throw all your facts about why the C's need to terminate this good for nothing, useless coach.

Poor defensive schemes, lack of timeout usage, poor adjustments in-game, can't get the guys going, failure to impose killer mindset to the team unlike Ime. Name it all folks!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 08:10:54 AM by Roy H. »

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Re: Fire Joe!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2023, 10:58:55 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
What took so long! The Fire Ime thread had 40+ pages this time last year.  :laugh:
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2023, 11:01:41 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
After seeing this group pull the same crap with 3 different coaches including himself, Brad knows no coach is fixing this core. At least Mazzulla is relatively cheap.

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2023, 11:04:21 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
What took so long! The Fire Ime thread had 40+ pages this time last year.  :laugh:

Maybe this thread will trigger a reverse jinx and Joe will get his head out of his ***

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2023, 11:29:01 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
After seeing this group pull the same crap with 3 different coaches including himself, Brad knows no coach is fixing this core. At least Mazzulla is relatively cheap.

WHOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

same crap as far as turnovers and stupid O at times??  AGREED

but those coaches coached defense. joe blow can not coach D. FIRE HIM NOW!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2023, 11:29:56 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
you covered it all for me.

we need people in the MSM to call out joe and brad and turn up the heat on them.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2023, 12:00:30 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Hire Nick Nurse.

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2023, 12:03:33 AM »

• Dennis Johnson
Hire Nick Nurse.

won a title in TO.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2023, 12:03:54 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Hire Nick Nurse.

Or even Frank Vogel. Anyone better than this traffic cone on the sidelines!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2023, 01:50:41 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Mazzula is not important. This core ain't got a clutch player. Fact. Ball is like a hot potato in hands of everyone, but Smart. And we all no Smart is not that guy. If Tatum or Brown are Harden by the case, this game would have been finished in a proper way.

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2023, 02:35:48 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730
The most painful part of this for those of us who love the Boston Celtics and want to see them back at the top of the NBA is the waste of talent that is taking place before our eyes. Our core guys have now started into their prime years of play. I realize that some of them are not the most fearsome competitors in the league and the ones that have some grit to them are such dumb basketball players that it doesn't matter anyway.

But I just keep thinking what a real solid NBA-seasoned coach could do with all this talent, both schematically and emotionally. I have mentioned on here a few times that it is time to give up the college boys experiment that Danny thought was so innovative back when he hired Brad Stevens to be head coach. Stevens certainly has his attributes, but he doesn't seem to quite have that pro DNA that is missing from the entire organization. Amateur hour at The Garden.

Then there is Dear Ol' Joe. Another nice guy who probably has his merits, but he is so far in over his head right now that he is drowning and taking the entire team with him. Just look at his face during games - he is the definition of a deer in headlights and when he answers questions about his team, it becomes even more apparent how clueless he is.

My biggest fear is with Brad in charge and Joe meandering thru his first season, the coach will be given a second year to "work with the team given an entire pre-season training camp" (though he actually had that this year). I just don't see Brad having the toughness to admit a mistake and move on before wasting this talent for yet another season of lost opportunity. I also don't think Brad has enough knowledge of the pro game to make the needed personnel decisions to get this group over the hump. He has stubbornly stayed with his small ball philosophy without at least finding some middle ground by bringing in more size with the talent and toughness this team desperately needs. Brad has made some very good moves, but he has passed on some critical opportunities to improve the team.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2023, 03:39:16 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
I’m surprised it took this long for this thread  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2023, 06:36:06 AM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
Joe is far from perfect but it’s a players league and it’s mostly on them.
Joe took the blame in the postgame for not having the team in position to win? Found it weird because they were in position to win and the players choked.
Maybe this team needs a better coach? Idk even if so that speaks more to the players. They are good enough and should know how to win even if a paper bag was coaching them.

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2023, 06:50:48 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
We're a championship contender with a bottom five coach.  I don't understand this team's approach.  They went dumpster diving at head coach, they didn't hire experienced assistant coaches when Joe was promoted and Stoudamire left, they cheaped out on the end of the bench and let the TPEs expire.

At what point is winning a championship the total focus?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2023, 06:58:12 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
This team from Joe in down makes some really dumb decisions. And it’s over and over. No one is held accountable.

Put some blame on Stevens also. Didn’t bring in Vogel or a vet coach to help. Wasted rosters spots and didn’t use the TPE.