Author Topic: Fire Joe! ... or critique Joe ... or defend Joe... or worry about Joe's coaching  (Read 170337 times)

Re: Fire Joe!
« Reply #150 on: May 07, 2023, 06:30:07 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
This is on Tatum.  This is his time to man up.  He passed up two game ending drives.  Do your thing dude if your gonna be Like Kobe

« Reply #151 on: May 07, 2023, 06:31:06 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
I don’t have a problem with him just calling a play out of a side out with ample time. I do have a problem with Smart getting the final shot both at the end of regulation and in OT. I hope someone asks him about that postgame. Better not have been the plan.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #152 on: May 07, 2023, 06:31:16 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
Some of you guys don’t know how basketball works. You know Joe, in all likelihood didnt call a double on Joel on that last possession? It was literally an idiotic high school basketball play from Jaylen?

« Reply #153 on: May 07, 2023, 06:31:24 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Joe is a complete ****ing clown. Totally out of his depth. His whole time-out philosophy is to ensure he has enough for close end of game sequences, right? Like a 1 point deficit with 20 seconds to go?

He’s at best in the bottom third of coaches in the league. And our F/O committed to him prematurely, with Nick Nurse hitting the open market. Excellent!

At least we’ve got some more passive aggressive bitterness to look forward to when the players will their way to victory in spite of his poor coaching. Who doesn’t love a coach acting like a 13 year-old?

He’s a complete amateur. We’ve given Philly life on multiple occasions now, and frankly would be served our comeuppance if we lose the series.

I'll agree with you on this one and any anti-Joe commentaries, TP. Freakin' punk smug Joe Schmoe cost the C's two games this series.

My eyes bleed when he screws the pooch big time and cost them playoff games. Could've had a chance to take a 3-1 lead, now they need to play at least two more games.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #154 on: May 07, 2023, 06:32:00 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
This is on Tatum.  This is his time to man up.  He passed up two game ending drives.  Do your thing dude if your gonna be Like Kobe
Oh come on. He got two wide open looks. The second time I don’t get why they waited so long but stop having to just find blame. They lost. Great shot by Harden.

« Reply #155 on: May 07, 2023, 06:32:09 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
I don’t have a problem with him just calling a play out of a side out with ample time. I do have a problem with Smart getting the final shot both at the end of regulation and in OT. I hope someone asks him about that postgame. I’m hoping that wasn’t the plan.

Isn't that a Joe problem getting him the final shot both end of reg and OT? should've T/O'ed it

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #156 on: May 07, 2023, 06:32:34 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Some of you guys don’t know how basketball works. You know Joe, in all likelihood didnt call a double on Joel on that last possession? It was literally an idiotic high school basketball play from Jaylen?
Not sure anyone is blaming Joe for leaving Harden open in the corner. They are blaming him for not pulling the reigns when our offence was clearly headless on the final play
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #157 on: May 07, 2023, 06:33:18 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Ridiculous takeaway. If Tatum had forced a layup vs 2-3 defenders (including Embiid) you would have been the first to criticise him not passing

« Reply #158 on: May 07, 2023, 06:33:27 PM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72

True.  But as the coach he needs to emphasize down the stretch in a close game you don't help off of Harden.  In fact, I wouldn't help off of Harden at all moving forward.  We can not allow him to take wide open 3s.

« Reply #159 on: May 07, 2023, 06:33:30 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
I don’t have a problem with him just calling a play out of a side out with ample time. I do have a problem with Smart getting the final shot both at the end of regulation and in OT. I hope someone asks him about that postgame. I’m hoping that wasn’t the plan.

It was pretty clear both plays were designed for Tatum. At the end of regulation Tatum made the right play ny kicking out to an open player. At the end of OT Tatum  made the wrong play

« Reply #160 on: May 07, 2023, 06:33:48 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Oh come on. He got two wide open looks. The second time I don’t get why they waited so long but stop having to just find blame. They lost. Great shot by Harden.

This is a blame thread.  I’m putting it on the guy that it needs put on.  Tatum needs to draw the foul

« Reply #161 on: May 07, 2023, 06:34:19 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435

Isn't that a Joe problem getting him the final shot both end of reg and OT? should've T/O'ed it

Like I said, I’m hoping that wasn’t the plan in either instance. Smart is open for a reason. Will see what he has to say .
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #162 on: May 07, 2023, 06:35:10 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
Just insanity.  Call the [dang] timeout get the ball in Tatum or brown’s hands.  Give your team a blow and get them set up.

I can’t believe that this site isn’t boiling over with anger about this.  Horrible coaching.

« Reply #163 on: May 07, 2023, 06:35:15 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

This is a blame thread.  I’m putting it on the guy that it needs put on.  Tatum needs to draw the foul
No, you are (as per usual) mistaken

« Reply #164 on: May 07, 2023, 06:35:37 PM »

Offline Indocelts

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 230
I am afraid that  Joe is afraid to call the Timeout because he can’t bear the responsibility if the ATO is unsuccessful. Just man up, Joe. It’s your job.
Lose this series and he needs to be fired.