Author Topic: Is there a downside to running it back?  (Read 5549 times)

Re: Is there a downside to running it back?
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2024, 10:21:56 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 511
The biggest downside will be that a lot of games will be very predictable again.

Yeah not that I'm complaining but I don't think anyone is gonna really care about the regular season lol, unless the C's somehow get off to a horrible start and causes panic. Otherwise, it'll be "business as usual" and just praying for minimal injuries + keeping guys as fresh as possible.

I guess a potential downside is that guys start to develop egos and someone like Tatum decides to go "all out" trying to win MVP. But I just don't see it with these guys. Unfortunately it happened with guys like Rozier, Kyrie, Morris, etc. in 2019 but we don't have guys like that right now.

Cut to the middle of January when this board is in flames because we lose to an undermanned Lakers team.

Why wait till January? I'm predicting the board in flames after the first loss of the season  :police:

Don't get me started on this....

The game thread will be in flames when we're down by 10 points the first time I'm sure  :laugh:
We could have a historically good offense, and a top 5 defense, and we would all be ready to nose dive off a building when we are down 10 to a Kings level team  8)
#JKJB

Re: Is there a downside to running it back?
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2024, 12:59:25 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
  I don?t see a downside. I think it?s huge that everybody seems satisfied with their role . I?m sure guys who play less hope to improve and play more but not to where they think they?re being overlooked or cheated. That goes such a long way. Togetherness and genuinely liking your coworkers is intimidating to an opponent if they know they don?t have that same thing in their locker room.